Should children living here have a yearly flu vaccine?

Pattaya Pat

Anyone who has seen someone dying of smallpox would know the value of vaccination.

But you know what's great about smallpox? The fact that it no longer exists. Anyone want to guess why? Here's a hint (third from the bottom):

409985035.jpg

yes great and why is it still vaccinated if it doesn't exist anymore?

See my post above. The vaccinations still exist because brilliant minds like you refuse to vaccinate and ruin it for everyone........

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point is, that with flu vaccine we would have pumped maybe dangerous things in our body year for year without having any benefit from it.

How can you possibly know that you've received no benefit from something that is supposed to be preventive (i.e. a thing that makes another thing not happen)? Did you get sick and die from the flu? If no, then one of two things happened: (1) You didn't catch the virus. (2) You caught the virus but were vaccinated, so its impact on your was limited or nonexistent.

Point is 20 times vaccination without value.

How do you objectively measure value in this case? Tell me how a person can know whether or not he has received value from a vaccination.

Not had any vaccinations for 35 years, only had 2 vaccinations in 45 years (Typhoid and cholera for a holiday), haven't died from anything, haven't been seriously ill from anything.

Refused TB vaccination at age 13, haven't caught TB yet.

Had flu a few times, wasn't that bad.

Been all over the world as well.

If vaccinations are vital for everyone, I should have been dead by now.

I think it is good to vaccinate dangerous things: Polio, Hepatitis B, but not flu.

Try to make it worldwide: Once there is no Polio anymore you can drop that vaccination.

If you are farmer you need to vaccinated against things you get from ticks. If you are teacher in downtown and your hobby is playing Chess than you don't need that vaccination.

Common sense.....

• Like 1

yes great and why is it still vaccinated if it doesn't exist anymore?

From the CDC:

What is the smallpox vaccine, and is it still required?

Routine vaccination of the American public against smallpox stopped in 1972 after the disease was eradicated in the United States. Until recently, the U.S. government provided the smallpox vaccine only to a few hundred scientists and medical professionals who work with smallpox and similar viruses in a research setting. After the events of September and October, 2001, however, the U.S. government took further actions to improve its level of preparedness against terrorism. For smallpox, this included updating a response plan and increasing the amount of smallpox vaccine in the stockpile. We now have enough vaccine in the stockpile to vaccinate every person in the United States in the event of a smallpox emergency. (updated Dec 29, 2004)

Should I get vaccinated against smallpox?

The smallpox vaccine is not available to the public at this time.

The point is, that with flu vaccine we would have pumped maybe dangerous things in our body year for year without having any benefit from it.

How can you possibly know that you've received no benefit from something that is supposed to be preventive (i.e. a thing that makes another thing not happen)? Did you get sick and die from the flu? If no, then one of two things happened: (1) You didn't catch the virus. (2) You caught the virus but were vaccinated, so its impact on your was limited or nonexistent.

How do you objectively measure value in this case? Tell me how a person can know whether or not he has received value from a vaccination.

Not had any vaccinations for 35 years, only had 2 vaccinations in 45 years (Typhoid and cholera for a holiday), haven't died from anything, haven't been seriously ill from anything.

I think it is good to vaccinate dangerous things: Polio, Hepatitis B, but not flu.

Try to make it worldwide: Once there is no Polio anymore you can drop that vaccination.

If you are farmer you need to vaccinated against things you get from ticks. If you are teacher in downtown and your hobby is playing Chess than you don't need that vaccination.

Common sense.....

I am just wondering how many more times you are going to blatantly lie and say the flu is not dangerous? Here....perfectly healthy kid in Texas dies from it....no flu shot.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/10/health/texas-teen-killed-flu/

There is this thing called "google"....try using it.....you will find many cases.

You posted this exact same hypothetical two pages again and I replied to it in post #77. Here it is again.

But the government thought that the small risk of vaccination problem is worth it to prevent the big risk of infection.

Very true for a farmer.

Very wrong for a kid in down town who never leaves the concrete....And there was a lot promotion. Telling the parents that they risk the life of their kids if they don't get them vaccinated.....Kids who never get in contact with nature.

While that may have been the case 50 years ago, it's no longer a safe assumption today. Nowadays that farmer can get on a plane and be in the big city in less than an hour. It happened less than a month ago:

Ebola claims first victim outside of Africa

Short version: Saudi man flew to Sierra Leone for a quick bite of ebola and flew back home. Thanks to the short incubation period, the man fell ill soon enough that his situation was realized and further infections were prevented. Next time we might not be so lucky.

Note well: This reply is specific to communicable diseases, since that what we are discussing in this thread.

I'm tired of answering the same questions over and over.

Great thread, now where is my tinfoil hat

Great contribution! Most informative. Would that be the tinfoil hat in the shape of a dunces cap? It's probably in the corner where you left it.

Ha ha, look at you. lashing out at someone who doesnt support your ill informed beliefs.

im a supporter of immunizations. I work on a ship in South east asia teaming with people from all ends of the world, breathing, living, crapping in the same living spaces.. I want all the protection I can get. and I also want to protect those around me. Its not all about yourself.

The problem is now that all the nasty diseases have gone away (for now) people are dropping their guard thinking its all over, the once successful programs have now lost their benefit and the populations defenses slip away, Diseases once thought to be not a problem will spring up again and the cycle will continue.

I'm putting my support for science and statistics. i dont subscribe to conspiracy theories told by internet crack pots

Common sense.....

I am just wondering how many more times you are going to blatantly lie and say the flu is not dangerous? Here....perfectly healthy kid in Texas dies from it....no flu shot.

There is this thing called "google"....try using it.....you will find many cases.

Great you found 1 case clap2.gif

You posted this exact same hypothetical two pages again and I replied to it in post #77. Here it is again.

But the government thought that the small risk of vaccination problem is worth it to prevent the big risk of infection.

Very true for a farmer.

Very wrong for a kid in down town who never leaves the concrete....And there was a lot promotion. Telling the parents that they risk the life of their kids if they don't get them vaccinated.....Kids who never get in contact with nature.

While that may have been the case 50 years ago, it's no longer a safe assumption today. Nowadays that farmer can get on a plane and be in the big city in less than an hour. It happened less than a month ago:

Ebola claims first victim outside of Africa

Short version: Saudi man flew to Sierra Leone for a quick bite of ebola and flew back home. Thanks to the short incubation period, the man fell ill soon enough that his situation was realized and further infections were prevented. Next time we might not be so lucky.

Note well: This reply is specific to communicable diseases, since that what we are discussing in this thread.

I'm tired of answering the same questions over and over.

yes true the farmer could be full with ticks and they jump over to innocent down town kids.

While it is possible I could live with this risk.

And of course if there would be a vaccine I would fully agree to vaccinate against Ebola.

From Wikipedia about flu: ""The most common symptoms are chills, fever, runny nose, sore throat, muscle pains, headache (often severe), coughing, weakness/fatigue and general discomfort. "

The last flu pandemic had a fatality rate of 0.03 % that would be 3 out of 10.000 INCLUDING the old, ill, HIV (weak immune system) etc..

So you can imagine how many young healthy died. (that is the swine flu you mentioned earlier).

Prof. Peter Curson writing in this weeks (30th August)Spectator Australia 'Ebola - the next move.' makes the following rather chilling observation:

'Currently ebola seems to be a largely a West African issue. But just think what would happen if ebola and the influenza virus somehow interacted and the resulting infection spread like the common cold. What a frightening scenario that might produce.'

He makes the point that '(In) Australia childhood infections have also reared their heads despite the existence of defensive vaccination programs. Human behavior rules the roost. People simply refuse, for a a variety of reasons, to have their children vaccinated. A good example of this is pertussis or whooping cough in Australia. Despite the fact that there is a vaccine available for children since 2010 there have been more than 113,000 cases of the disease when there should have been very few if any.'

The point here is that there are consequences to the actions of those who refuse vaccination to themselves and try to deny it to others. As I have said in a previous post, microbes simply do not care, they just adapt and infect where they can, sometimes I am sure they even infect the stalwarts on TV who refuse vaccinations and those who seek salvation in quackary.

• Like 1

Common sense.....

Great you found 1 case clap2.gif

Now you are just acting like an amateur troll.....lol

I know of dozens of cases....but I am not going to link to everyone. Like I said, learn to use google and you will find many as well. There is no reasoning with wing nuts like you, I don't know why I even bother.........

One could argue that allowing those with poor immune systems to live and breed, is decadent.

Bubonic plague died out, because nearly everyone susceptible to it died in the middle ages.

One could argue that allowing those with poor immune systems to live and breed, is decadent.

Bubonic plague died out, because nearly everyone susceptible to it died in the middle ages.

One could argue anything....but I am not quite sure I understand what the point of this argument is to be completely honest? Unless it is as simple as it sounds......let people die from preventable diseases if their body cannot fight it off naturally? Surely you would not believe something like this in the year 2014.

How very Klingon of you.

It's statements like these that make me think you're just baiting us for giggles.

So we don't need to vaccinate because we can just throw our weakest hundred million people at the infection as a hopeful sacrifice?

Edited by attrayant

Complete nonsense I am afraid.

'Bubonic Plague provides a good example. Today the disease is geographically more widespread than at any time in history. Natural reservoirs of plague exist throughout much of the Western USA as well as in Southern Africa, Asia and parts of Latin America. A classic zoonosis or animal disease, plague is permanently maintained in the micro-climate of small ground-living animals where it adapts perfectly to their lifestyle. The disease rarely affects us, but every now and again a virulent strain such as pneumatic plague emerges, spreading rapidly.'

From an article by Prof Peter Curson, 'Ebola - the next move,' Spectator 30th August 2014

The most basic of searches on the internet would tell you this. Wikipedia has an article, as suggested there is a thing called 'Google.'

the vaccine doesn't protect you against all flu strains,only some deemed by the health professionals to be the worst or where there is more risk to the public. you can still get the flu after having the shot,as all strains are not covered only the most serious.

Great thread, now where is my tinfoil hat

Great contribution! Most informative. Would that be the tinfoil hat in the shape of a dunces cap? It's probably in the corner where you left it.

Ha ha, look at you. lashing out at someone who doesnt support your ill informed beliefs.

im a supporter of immunizations. I work on a ship in South east asia teaming with people from all ends of the world, breathing, living, crapping in the same living spaces.. I want all the protection I can get. and I also want to protect those around me. Its not all about yourself.

The problem is now that all the nasty diseases have gone away (for now) people are dropping their guard thinking its all over, the once successful programs have now lost their benefit and the populations defenses slip away, Diseases once thought to be not a problem will spring up again and the cycle will continue.

I'm putting my support for science and statistics. i dont subscribe to conspiracy theories told by internet crack pots

welll that's hardly 'lashing out', is it, many dunces are just late developers, so don't feel insulted.

I do tire though of seeing the same old phrases over and over again when reading forums, it tends to make them boring to say the least, I mean, why bother?

I want to see the statistics from the study of vaccinated against unvaccinated, that would clear a lot up, there must be one surely, perhaps you could give me a link?

Here's an interesting report just came out.

Moms of autistic, vaccine-damaged children mount wave of online protest against CDC research fraud

http://www.naturalnews.com/046750_autistic_children_vaccines_CDC.html

So please do your own research, but I wouldn't vaccinate if I were you. Colloidal Silver and a healthy raw, fresh diet. All my friends kids who haven't vaccinated, vs the other kids who are , and all have given me personal testimonials to support staying healthy naturally, where possible.

• Like 2

Here's an interesting report just came out. Moms of autistic, vaccine-damaged children mount wave of online protest against CDC research fraud

So please do your own research.

You should take your own advice and do your own research. You've got advanced degrees in virology, biochemistry and medicine, don't you? Right! Then it should be easy.

I checked your link (knowing full well where it leads) and found the whole brouhaha stems from a CNN iReport. For those of you who don't know, iReport is CNN's user-generated content. Essentially an open-access site that anyone can post content to and make it look like news.

Nice "research", Flipside.

Now let ME do some research on Mike Adams, founder of Natural News dot com:

Mike Adams is a self-described "Health Ranger" and the nut behind the Internet's most embarrassing collection of paranoia and misinformation, the Natural News website. At first glance, he appears to be just another run of the mill alt-med blogger. He promotes the tired old ideas that everything related to science based medicine is corrupt and poisonous, and that everything "natural" is the key to all health. Yawn.

What's interesting about Mike, and the reason I honor him as a wacko, is the way he illustrates how people who believe one crazy thing are very likely to believe many crazy things. Completely aside from his usual alt-med stuff, look at this list of other things he promotes:

• Jesse Ventura and his conspiracy theories
  • Plastic water bottles will kill you
  • Alkaline water is a miracle drug
  • The breast cancer "industry" is a giant profit-driven deception
  • Cancer is your body's natural healing system
  • Well-funded covert operatives are trying to suppress him (this is a sign of true mental delusion)
In short, name the conspiracy theory or paranoid delusion of your choice, and chances are you'll find the Health Ranger promoting it somewhere.

UPDATE 2014-07-27: Mike Adams has gone from being a typical wacko to a dangerous one by calling for the murder of all those who don't accept his misinformed world view.

From the Wackos Gallery.

Moms of autistic, vaccine-damaged children mount wave of online protest against CDC research fraud

So please do your own research, but I wouldn't vaccinate if I were you. Colloidal Silver and a healthy raw, fresh diet. All my friends kids who haven't vaccinated, vs the other kids who are , and all have given me personal testimonials to support staying healthy naturally, where possible.

..."a healthy raw, fresh diet."

facepalm.gif

facepalm.gif

Colloidal silver?

''Colloidal silver is a mineral. Despite promoters’ claims, silver has no known function in the body and is not an essential mineral supplement. Colloidal silver products were once available as over-the-counter products, but in 1997, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) ruled that colloidal silver drug products were not considered safe or effective. Colloidal silver products marketed for medical purposes or promoted for unproven uses are now considered “misbranded” under the law.' from http://www.webmd.com

And you still feel free to advise people to avoid vaccinations?

Colloidal silver

I do hope you are not making your kids ingest this stuff, I really think you should take your own advise and do some basic research on the side effects (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argyria) . You may not mind, but your kids will not thank you if they end up looking like rejects for the cast of Avatar.

facepalm.gif

Colloidal silver?

''Colloidal silver is a mineral. Despite promoters’ claims, silver has no known function in the body and is not an essential mineral supplement. Colloidal silver products were once available as over-the-counter products, but in 1997, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) ruled that colloidal silver drug products were not considered safe or effective. Colloidal silver products marketed for medical purposes or promoted for unproven uses are now considered “misbranded” under the law.' from http://www.webmd.com

And you still feel free to advise people to avoid vaccinations?

Silver kills bacteria and still used for this purpose in water.

But I have no idea if it kills some unwanted bacteria if you eat it.

Here's an interesting report just came out. Moms of autistic, vaccine-damaged children mount wave of online protest against CDC research fraud

So please do your own research.

You should take your own advice and do your own research. You've got advanced degrees in virology, biochemistry and medicine, don't you? Right! Then it should be easy.

I checked your link (knowing full well where it leads) and found the whole brouhaha stems from a CNN iReport. For those of you who don't know, iReport is CNN's user-generated content. Essentially an open-access site that anyone can post content to and make it look like news.

Nice "research", Flipside.

Now let ME do some research on Mike Adams, founder of Natural News dot com:

Mike Adams is a self-described "Health Ranger" and the nut behind the Internet's most embarrassing collection of paranoia and misinformation, the Natural News website. At first glance, he appears to be just another run of the mill alt-med blogger. He promotes the tired old ideas that everything related to science based medicine is corrupt and poisonous, and that everything "natural" is the key to all health. Yawn.

What's interesting about Mike, and the reason I honor him as a wacko, is the way he illustrates how people who believe one crazy thing are very likely to believe many crazy things. Completely aside from his usual alt-med stuff, look at this list of other things he promotes:

• Jesse Ventura and his conspiracy theories
  • Plastic water bottles will kill you
  • Alkaline water is a miracle drug
  • The breast cancer "industry" is a giant profit-driven deception
  • Cancer is your body's natural healing system
  • Well-funded covert operatives are trying to suppress him (this is a sign of true mental delusion)
In short, name the conspiracy theory or paranoid delusion of your choice, and chances are you'll find the Health Ranger promoting it somewhere.

UPDATE 2014-07-27: Mike Adams has gone from being a typical wacko to a dangerous one by calling for the murder of all those who don't accept his misinformed world view.

From the Wackos Gallery.

For such research no "advanced degrees in virology, biochemistry and medicine" is necessary. And it is statistics....