Guinean woman undergoing Ebola testing

webfact

I would think that Thailand would think of banning people from the infected countries.

I am sure that Thailand could handle this , they have great hospitals!

Most people coming to Thailand from western Africa would transit through other countries, so I'm not sure how you could tell that they came from infected countries.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<snip>

According to this, the guy that died in Port Harcourt wasn't Patrick Sawyer.

The cases in Port Harcourt are related to a man in Lagos who was a close contact of Nigeria's first Ebola death, American diplomat Patrick Sawyer. The contact fled the city, where he was under quarantine, and sought treatment in Port Harcourt, according to the WHO.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/ebola-outbreak-racing-out-of-control-officials-say-20140904-10c4wq.html#ixzz3CJ4MXS00

I would think that Thailand would think of banning people from the infected countries.

I am sure that Thailand could handle this , they have great hospitals!

Most people coming to Thailand from western Africa would transit through other countries, so I'm not sure how you could tell that they came from infected countries.

that's where it gets complicated:

different airlines co-share Flight Numbers, with passengers jumping on 'your' plane' - from the heck knows where they've also been to...

...lucky the from-africa chick who fell off the perch in UAE didn't manange to get cooped up onto the next co-sharing-flight bird, for the fly-on to Thailand.

It must be a nightmare back-tracking all bods, on what flights? - who has been near who?, when, and the likelihood of each person being a contact? ...

... this could end up killing the avairation industry. Surprised that MAS hasn't been affected by THIS latest problem

Edited by tifino

that's where it gets complicated:

different airlines co-share Flight Numbers, with passengers jumping on 'your' plane' - from the heck knows where they've also been to...

...lucky the from-africa chick who fell off the perch in UAE didn't manange to get cooped up onto the next co-sharing-flight bird, for the fly-on to Thailand.

It must be a nightmare back-tracking all bods, on what flights? - who has been near who?, when, and the likelihood of each person being a contact? ...

... this could end up killing the avairation industry. Surprised that MAS hasn't been affected by THIS latest problem

Most airlines have stopped flying to the affected countries. But if this starts spreading out of western Africa it will do more than kill the aviation industry.

If there were a dozen or so infections in Bangkok, and the authorities were still trying to track down other possible infections, would you get on a crowded train?

And it just keeps getting worse, WHO's latest figures are 2,288 dead & 4,269 infected. sad.png

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/09/09/health-ebola-toll-idUKL5N0RA3VL20140909

A clip from the BBC shows an ambulance-driver, who was turned-away with sick/infected people, because there were no beds left to isolate patients. blink.png

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29136594

Deliberately sending-away patients infected with Ebola cannot be a good sign, whatever the complacent might say, about this not being serious !

yup, whats weird is that as soon as a white person gets it, they invent a vaccine in a matter of weeks

The THREE vaccines have been in development for years. They are now being fast tracked through the system because of the severity of this outbreak.