CBR300 Vs Ninja 250SL.

Deacon Bell

Would you buy the CB/CBR300 or Ninja 250SL?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy the CB/CBR300 or Ninja 250SL?

• CBR or CB 300.
    • Ninja 250SL.

This poll is closed to new votes

Yes Ridercnx808 the Ninja has much more style and pressence , fancy disc brakes and a nicer exhaust , although ive always likes the Repso colors.. As dave boo says , the Honda allegedly has similar power to the Ninja - but lets remember they also alleged to have 300cc !!. To some the 12,000 Baht price will be all it takes to go for the Ninja while others will buy it on quality , and/or looks.

Edited by ktm jeff

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kawasaki 250SL - 249cc

Honda 300 - 286cc

So in that department not much different or 37cc's

Bore x Stroke

Kawasaki 72.0 x 61.2 mm

Honda 76mm x 63mm

B/S Ratio

Kawasaki =1.17

Honda = 1.20

Compression Ratio

Kawasaki = 11.3:1

Honda = 10.7:1

FI Throttle Body

Kawasaki 38mm

Honda 38mm

Weight

Kawasaki 156 kg claimed by Motomalay.net

Honda 161kg claimed by Honda

Power to weight ratio based on advertised power/weight

Kawasaki = 0.084

Honda = 0.083

brakes

Kawasaki = 233mm Front 193mm rear both F&R dual piston calipers

Honda = 296mm Front 220 rear ( dont know what calipers they run )

Both bikes have more than enough stopping power for something this size.

Wheels

Kawasaki = 100/80-17 Front 130/70-17 Rear

Honda = 110/70-17 Front 140/70-17 Rear

So that is about it folks

You pay your $$ & take your pick if your interested in either of these you can see how close they are.

I think it is likely the Kawasaki will be a bit more perky but that is just my opinion looking at the compression

& overall layout. I also think it will have more bottom end although I know most think the Honda will

Given the B/S ratio I think it suggests the Kawasaki will.

Which is surprising given the Kawasaki tends to usually go higher with their B/S ratios & more of a rev type engine

But again even in that department they are very very close

On the wheels I think Honda went the wrong way & the 100/130 is more than enough for a bike in this size & actually better

Less rotational weight & spins up faster

Grip story based on width is a myth in my opinion.

Looks at Moto3 GP 250's they run 245kph & have smaller tires than either of these bikes

They run 95/70R 17 F, 115/70R 17 R ....None here are ever going to exceed half the grip they use on those

Looks for me personally no contest the Kawasaki

I guess in the end one has to also look at what is available in their area in regards to dealer support etc.

although hopefully neither will need it. It is always nice to be near a dealer for your services etc.

Last but not least price.

Again close but if we compare the ninja to the cbr I guess

here at Niyom Panich in ChiangMai has the Repsol at 138,900 &

Red & Black CBR at 136k

The Ninja is 121k any color so 15,000- 17,900 more for the Honda

More than enough for a full DBS exhaust system & a panel air filter

& a couple of other things.

So that is something to consider. Given the size & weight of the stock exhausts on either of these bikes

it will be a big performance power/weight boost I would think.

In any case less weight is best in this class of bike so losing some never hurts

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

I don't think Honda's are better quality wise than Kawasaki, it's about the same man.

Going on the recent platforms available locally, I think all acknowledge Kawasaki as being far better quality wise.

The 250sl is a new platform, which I don't think has been tested in another bike, unless they've taken it from the KLX!

The CBR comes from the CBR250 which has been reportedly less reliable compared to the Kawasaki small motorcycles.

You and your mate Mania are beginning to sound like "the boys who cried Woolf" - keep harping on about Kawa being better than Honda...

Remember what happened in the end ? No one listened.....

I'm already there....

Edited by properperson

Having had both I also think Kawa is much better quality, but that's another story.

Um..Some here saying Honda don't claim their new range are 300s???? So why do they have 300 decals on the bikes? Again another story.

I'm an ex Honda fanboy converted to now kawasaki and I won't go back. Having said all that I'm split on these bikes. All are singles so....

If I wanted the naked version I would go for the Kawa all day long, that frame and look etc just looks so nice compared to the Honda.

post-80215-0-73463200-1409757749_thumb.j

However, if I was going for the faired version I would actually prefer the Honda CBR.

I saw the new kawas at the motorshow and thought they looked small. Mania says the height x length dimensions are almost the same but they looked very skinny to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they are a dream at handling but I prefer that bulkier look of the CBR as i do on the new Ninja. (Most likely the Repsol colours)

post-80215-0-06236000-1409758123_thumb.j

Having said all that i would still rather pay a little more and get the twin Z250 IMO still better than all of them.

post-80215-0-56609900-1409758048_thumb.j

• Like 1

You and your mate Mania are beginning to sound like "the boys who cried Woolf" - keep harping on about Kawa being better than Honda...

What made you decide to go back & edit your post & include me in your rant?

Where have I come off saying Kawasaki is better?

I think my post above is typical of how I have always posted here

in this section for years.

I do not think either bike is bad & in the end said so as well as many times during pointing out

how very close the two are.

Before you sling your slurs at folks you should grab a mirror.

Folks who take offense at any type of comment other than those that support what they ride tend to be termed fan boys

Now try & behave & realize there are flavors & tastes in bikes like anything else

Not all will be to your or my liking but, as bikers I think we can appreciate them all eh?

I know I can

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

i appreciate both bikes.

having a nice kawa single cheaper than honda 300 series is something good. sure it will steal some sales from honda 300 series and even from z250 and ninja300!

i dont buy any of these bikes at the end of the day though.

but what i see, green kawa z looks good and it is light, a naked means a light bike to me, i like it. but i sat on one, it is small a bit but does not matter much for its intended use of short city rides. honda cb300f looks more badass and proper full size bike. hard to choose between these naked. i think mature and comfort loving farang will go for cb300f, some might even go for it just for its bulk. for young or the ones young at heart might go for sportier on the paper kawa z. however, sharp and super exciting designs fade fast and gets boring fast. look at those sharp and super exciting looking ninja300s released 2+ years ago, imo it aged fast.

honda has a bit more grunt to handle the extra rotational weight, also wider tires provides more traction, grip, stability and tire life. those moto gp3 guys use narrower tires for gaining more speed and acceleration apart from rotational weight and they go 245 kph at the start stop flat not during cornering. the tires they use are also not street tires.

still it looks like, cbr300 altogether looks much more better, bigger and on the paper performs better than kawa sl for its intended use, a better package. cbr300r deserves its 15 k thb extra you need to pay. cant see it much for cb300 now.

Edited by ll2
  • Like 1

honda has a bit more grunt to handle the extra rotational weight, also wider tires provides more traction, grip, stability and tire life. those moto gp3 guys use narrower tires for gaining more speed and acceleration apart from rotational weight and they go 245 kph at the start stop flat not during cornering. the tires they use are also not street tires.

Sorry ll that is not correct afaik

Non can say which has more grunt as one of them is not even out yet.

About tires........

Moto3 corner speeds are critical to their success. They do not start/stop in Moto3

They start & only stop when race is done.

They carry very high corner speeds & that is what makes that class my favorite of all 3 classes of GP

Grip does not come from width but from compound with softer compounds providing more grip.

You should know since you have bought softer compounds like Rosso II's & Corsa's right?

While they may not race Moto3 with street tires... street tires in softer compounds are available & I think most sport riders

here prefer them. I know you & I do yes?

As to tire life again wrong to say wider lasts longer....Harder lasts longer but.... again

sport riders do not care for hard long lasting tires as high miles is not the goal... grip is.

Stability also does not come from size or even contact patch but the suppleness of the casing of a better brand tire designed for performance.

Same thing again as an example take a nice large IRC road winner & compare it to a smaller corsa/rosso etc.

I know you know 1st hand which is better

Lastly we are basically talking about 250's as both are quarter liter type bikes.

They have no need of extra weight nor the chore of accelerating them up to speed hundreds of times in a twisty ride.

I will say the same for even the Ninja 250/300 Twins

The kids that insist on buying bigger rims or wider tires are just after a look not performance.

Like you I appreciate both bikes for this class are good deals &

I am sure both will sell very well.

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

honda cb300f looks more badass . . . however, sharp and super exciting designs fade fast and gets boring fast. look at those sharp and super exciting looking ninja300s released 2+ years ago, imo it aged fast.

More badass? Ninja 300 aged fast? Compared to what? the CBR? Which looks the same as its big brother (and the 250CBR barring headlight ) has looked for quite a while now. Personally I think you must be having a laugh.

Honda does make stylish bikes, the 600RR being a prime example of an awesome looking bike. But their new CB(etc) models do not match up for looks in any shape or form. Yes, each to their own, but seriously????????

I recall the suspension on the 2009 Ninja 250 was far superior to the 2009 CBR250.

If these parts are carryovers to these newer offerings; then I would pick the Z250SL for sure.

I primarily ride in BKK traffic so I would still choose a Suzuki Raider 150 over any bike because it is one of the narrowest and has a short wheelbase.

You can also bore it out to 235cc and it weighs only 106+kg supposedly.

Haha, I keep posting about getting one, maybe next year.

Most people don't factor in rider weight so if you really want to nitpick P/W ratios, you can plug numbers into this Xcel.

Change the red fields and it figures it out for you.

It's an old file (2009) so some of my numbers are off but you can really start to compare P/W and cost ratios too.

I just added these bikes in question but made up the unknown numbers like true weight, tank size, and prices.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_uNsBE7oVIFNU0wQkpfQ0NNSVU/edit?usp=sharing

I'll add one more thing. If you have a girl friend and you plan for her to be riding pillion often, then stay away from Kawa. Kawa care not one jot for the comfort of the passenger. In that respect Honda wins hands down.

This was actually a big deciding factor for me. I ride with my wife on the back a lot. I had considered buying the Z250 (2cyl version) but after the two of us sat on both bikes together I went for the CBR.

honda cb300f looks more badass . . . however, sharp and super exciting designs fade fast and gets boring fast. look at those sharp and super exciting looking ninja300s released 2+ years ago, imo it aged fast.

More badass? Ninja 300 aged fast? Compared to what? the CBR? Which looks the same as its big brother (and the 250CBR barring headlight ) has looked for quite a while now. Personally I think you must be having a laugh.

Honda does make stylish bikes, the 600RR being a prime example of an awesome looking bike. But their new CB(etc) models do not match up for looks in any shape or form. Yes, each to their own, but seriously????????

not comparing anything or i am not trying to disrespect your beloved bike just explaining my opinion. kawasaki ninja300 aged fast for me, not exciting to look anymore or heads are not turning much.

but maybe not for you. you like it that way and i like it this way, these are tastes and discussing tastes move us nowhere as always macknife.

i dont like the design of cbr600rr or my own bike cbr650f for example but you might like them so what is wrong with that?

Edited by ll2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What made you decide to go back & edit your post & include me in your rant?
Where have I come off saying Kawasaki is better?

I think my post above is typical of how I have always posted here
in this section for years.

I do not think either bike is bad & in the end said so as well as many times during pointing out
how very close the two are.

Before you sling your slurs at folks you should grab a mirror.
Folks who take offense at any type of comment other than those that support what they ride tend to be termed fan boys

Now try & behave & realize there are flavors & tastes in bikes like anything else
Not all will be to your or my liking but, as bikers I think we can appreciate them all eh?
I know I can

Mania, i always enjoy discussing things in this forum with you based on respect, you are one of the most respected members here in my eyes. i am 100 percent sure you can handle this criticism as also same criticism is going to me as well.

with all due respect mania, but we never see you saying something when someone comes and speak nonsense about hondas but you are everywhere when it is about kawasakis.

that makes you also not super objective IMO.

especially posting on a cb300f forum like 'hey kawa 250 singles available slightly better this and that etc' which for me not a problem as a side information in a thread - which i 'liked' it - but it might piss some owners there on top we all derailed the thread there too so you have to understand this reaction.

Me? Yes, i admit i love honda and honda rules at least but it does not mean i am not objective. I just don't like comments like all hondas are s...hite or all kawas bad or honda sure has lower quality than kawa, kawa has higher quality etc.

does this make me a fan boy? i really dont care, lots of jealous people in this forum who does not even know how to ride a bike properly so who cares the comments?

these are all personal opinions yet it is reflected in this forum as real things based on facts which they are not. i support kawasaki if someone goes to a ninja 300 thread and say, 'hey all kawasakis has lots of problems' if the poster has nothing to prove his/her claim.

if there is a big problem with a honda or kawasaki, one has to come here with some facts, documents etc. or the rest is empty talk.

Sorry ll that is not correct afaik

Non can say which has more grunt as one of them is not even out yet.

About tires........
Moto3 corner speeds are critical to their success. They do not start/stop in Moto3
They start & only stop when race is done.
They carry very high corner speeds & that is what makes that class my favorite of all 3 classes of GP

Grip does not come from width but from compound with softer compounds providing more grip.
You should know since you have bought softer compounds like Rosso II's & Corsa's right?

While they may not race Moto3 with street tires... street tires in softer compounds are available & I think most sport riders
here prefer them. I know you & I do yes?

As to tire life again wrong to say wider lasts longer....Harder lasts longer but.... again
sport riders do not care for hard long lasting tires as high miles is not the goal... grip is.

Stability also does not come from size or even contact patch but the suppleness of the casing of a better brand tire designed for performance.
Same thing again as an example take a nice large IRC road winner & compare it to a smaller corsa/rosso etc.
I know you know 1st hand which is better

Lastly we are basically talking about 250's as both are quarter liter type bikes.
They have no need of extra weight nor the chore of accelerating them up to speed hundreds of times in a twisty ride.
I will say the same for even the Ninja 250/300 Twins
The kids that insist on buying bigger rims or wider tires are just after a look not performance.

Like you I appreciate both bikes for this class are good deals &
I am sure both will sell very well.

well those kids at honda while doing 300 series sure though about these Mania, i am sure all those engineers spent year on bikes there cannot be wrong and all those infamous bean counting accountants of honda are not crazy to pay extra for bigger tires and rims too.

I understand what you mean with rotational weight and of course less weight is beneficial especially for a low cc bike moreover, if narrow tires had those great advantages everywhere, we have all narrow tires on all bikes, here kawa engineers thought that it is better for the bike or they are just cutting some corners.

It is also hard to compare moto gp3 bike and their tires with these beginner sporty commuter bikes and their tires. for me for moto gp3 bikes having narrow tires are getting more acceleration and keeping the speed easier on top of less rotational mass. dont forget, their lean angles are not as high as say moto gp bikes.

and by saying start stop, i meant start finish line not like bikes starting and stopping, of course once they start, they never stop until the end of the race.

wider tires has some advantages - anyone can google it - and for a sport bike, they are considered more for a reason. that is why moto gp3 bikes have narrower tires where moto gp bikes has wider ones.

also for us tire life might mean nothing but for an average user - which will be 90 percent of the prospect users of these bikes - ,might mean something on top of more load carrying capacity and more traction.

of course i prefer a 130 pirelli over a 150 irc! that is another story:)

and i agree with you again, these all are good bikes! whatever bike you choose here, you cannot go wrong.

Mania, i always enjoy discussing things in this forum with you based on respect, you are one of the most respected members here in my eyes. i am 100 percent sure you can handle this criticism as also same criticism is going to me as well.

with all due respect mania, but we never see you saying something when someone comes and speak nonsense about hondas but you are everywhere when it is about kawasakis.

your post is kind of long due

to so many multi quotes included

but anyway let me just answer this since the rest is opinion & we disagree about tires etc.

Things like Moto3 does not lean as much as MotoGP is silly at best...but forget that.

You know it is not my place to reprimand someone talking about Honda's or Kawasaki's

Why would/should I? I am not everywhere about Kawasaki's I am everywhere about most bikes.

I post things like info when Yamaha was coming with new 125/250 etc I was the one posted first for sale shots of CBR300 etc.

So it is not like I am a one trick pony/fan boy. I appreciate many sectors of new development.

Yes my focus is a more high strung small displacement bike but it is what I enjoy.

But what is important & what I tried to tell the guy making slurs about me is I do not think my posts

have ever said this is great & that is crap.

Even the long post I made with specs above the slur slinger post I just listed each bikes specs.

I did not say one was better than the other.

Yes in the end I gave a short opinion of what I prefer but never slagged off or over-praised either bike.

Tell you the truth this forum is a bit odd & I do not know if it is a language barrier or what

but I think I will go back to being quiet & stick with the race reviews wink.png

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Yes mania , this odd forum does attract some oddballs , but your posts are very good whilst not been childish "lovefests". Just a quick point RE your spec list above pointing out the similar power of the Z 250 and the CB 286 , the lower weight of the Z , and their identical sizes - the wavy discs on the Z are 263mm. Did you mistakenly put 233mm. This is not a dig , i know you wont see it that way. Please keep up your imformative postings.

your post is kind of long due

to so many multi quotes included

but anyway let me just answer this since the rest is opinion & we disagree about tires etc.

Things like Moto3 does not lean as much as MotoGP is silly at best...but forget that.

You know it is not my place to reprimand someone talking about Honda's or Kawasaki's

Why would/should I? I am not everywhere about Kawasaki's I am everywhere about most bikes.

I post things like info when Yamaha was coming with new 125/250 etc I was the one posted first for sale shots of CBR300 etc.

So it is not like I am a one trick pony/fan boy. I appreciate many sectors of new development.

Yes my focus is a more high strung small displacement bike but it is what I enjoy.

But what is important & what I tried to tell the guy making slurs about me is I do not think my posts

have ever said this is great & that is crap.

Even the long post I made with specs above the slur slinger post I just listed each bikes specs.

I did not say one was better than the other.

Yes in the end I gave a short opinion of what I prefer but never slagged off or over-praised either bike.

Tell you the truth this forum is a bit odd & I do not know if it is a language barrier or what

but I think I will go back to being quiet & stick with the race reviews wink.png

well mania, it will be a loss of this forum if you be quiet. hope you dont do that. it is a pleasure to read your posts most of the time with a very high percentage.

you know what is odd at this forum?

some people tend to attack when they dont like someone elses's thoughts. right or wrong.

or some dont like criticism or correction.

or some announce you as a fan boy when i say where are the hard facts?

i have no problems with anyone here still every month receive a threatening pm from a stranger on how i suck and ride bad and know nothing and how they will trash me if they find me.

regarding tires, forget it, anyone can google it. but sure it is not silly mania.

and if you read clearly, i never tell you you are slugging something, maybe you find the post long and did not read it.

also no language barrier mania, please dont say that. what do you mean? some are stupid here to read English or not native e speaker therefore cannot understand?

please no hard feelings. i am aware you are a hard enthusiast like me and it is nice to see you around as always and i dont criticize everyone this way, only the ones i respect.

regards.

Edited by ll2

Just a quick point RE your spec list above pointing out the similar power of the Z 250 and the CB 286 , the lower weight of the Z , and their identical sizes - the wavy discs on the Z are 263mm. Did you mistakenly put 233mm. This is not a dig , i know you wont see it that way. Please keep up your imformative postings.

Yes my bad that was a typo & yes 263mm

Good catch thanks

The stock rotors are serrated slightly on the edges though

I always think of wavy as more pronounced like these

post-82547-0-28720300-1409834090_thumb.j post-82547-0-39452700-1409834105_thumb.j

Edited by mania

PP ive put CB286 so people dont get confused with the 250 models - maybe it hasnt worked. I know Honda claims it has 300cc in its advertising , and thats maybe confusing too. It isnt. Its closer to a 275 engine and i think a CB 275 sticker on the bike would be more suited. Most 250,s are about 249.6cc but that sticker would look silly !.

PP ive put CB286 so people dont get confused with the 250 models - maybe it hasnt worked. I know Honda claims it has 300cc in its advertising , and thats maybe confusing too. It isnt. Its closer to a 275 engine and i think a CB 275 sticker on the bike would be more suited. Most 250,s are about 249.6cc but that sticker would look silly !.

I'm surprised by the backlash I've read online concerning Honda calling the CBR300R a "300" when it only has 286cc. I've never seen so many people shocked and indignant over a naming strategy like this before. It's the most ridiculously stupid thing I've read online in a long time. Yet even more surprising is that Honda named the CBR500R a "500" when it only has 471cc. Ironically - in terms of percentages - calling a bike with 471cc a "500" (471/500 = 94%) is even MORE extreme than calling a bike with 286cc a "300" (286/300 = 95%) - yet these same stupid people aren't even smart enough to notice the same issue with the CBR500R.

• Like 1

I'm surprised by the backlash I've read online concerning Honda calling the CBR300R a "300" when it only has 286cc. I've never seen so many people shocked and indignant over a naming strategy like this before. It's the most ridiculously stupid thing I've read online in a long time. Yet even more surprising is that Honda named the CBR500R a "500" when it only has 471cc. Ironically - in terms of percentages - calling a bike with 471cc a "500" (471/500 = 94%) is even MORE extreme than calling a bike with 286cc a "300" (286/300 = 95%) - yet these same stupid people aren't even smart enough to notice the same issue with the CBR500R.

It is pretty silly, especially since rounding off is done by most bike makers... I haven't seen any of these same posters referring to a "Ninja 296," or a "KTM Duke 373." whistling.gif

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It is pretty silly, especially since rounding off is done by most bike makers... I haven't seen any of these same posters referring to a "Ninja 296," or a "KTM Duke 373." alt=whistling.gif>

cannot agree more on both posts!

so Kawasaki with 296 cc and KTM with 373 cc are also misleading their customers as well. Especially KTM, naming a 373 cc bike as 390 cc! Why KTM? Why are you misleading people, and 375 sounds better than 390 toobiggrin.png

But let the joke aside, no, it s not misleading customers. these model names with numbers are not necessarily related with their cc numbers and this is same for years. So, neither Honda is lying nor KTM. People with brain look at the specs and buy their bikes anyway!

yeah, lets explain it to some empty talking 'honda hatefest' guys around coming here and posting nonsense and taking things personal.

anyway, same guys come and tell like all Hondas are troubled with this and that yet cannot provide any proof or link too.

I agree lads , the "sticker" cc of bikes is often rounded up. In the case of the Kawasaki 250 (which this thread is about) the engine is 249.2cc , and as i said in my post No 50 , this would look silly as a sticker - hence the 250 sticker.As the Honda engine is closer to 275cc than 300 (which i also agree , and said that it would look betterwith a 275 sticker in post 50) it could be re-stickerd. I think (apart from peoples personal emotions) that the issue here ,is with Honda , as they keep claiming in their advertisement blurb and videos (see above) that its 300cc . Its not. And i dont mean the questionable specs sheet , but the above video. EDIT - lets not mention the "Honda" 500 (473 cc) ??.

Edited by ktm jeff

I agree lads , the "sticker" cc of bikes is often rounded up. In the case of the Kawasaki 250 (which this thread is about) the engine is 249.2cc , and as i said in my post No 50 , this would look silly as a sticker - hence the 250 sticker.As the Honda engine is closer to 275cc than 300 (which i also agree , and said that it would look betterwith a 275 sticker in post 50) it could be re-stickerd. I think (apart from peoples personal emotions) that the issue here ,is with Honda , as they keep claiming in their advertisement blurb and videos (see above) that its 300cc . Its not. And i dont mean the questionable specs sheet , but the above video.

yeah yeah yeah.

what about KTM Duke 390 as 373 cc? Duke is much more closer to 375!laugh.png

as your username is KTMJeff maybe you know it better than us?

jeff, with every post as above, you are losing some credibility here.

I am sure you are not a bad guy and has knowledge so why dont you play fair here and just contribute to this forum nicely?

nearly all of your posts are a 'honda hate fest' man!

Edited by ll2

Yes the KTM is also a strange one and i agree it would look nice with a 375 sticker. I dont know the true cc,s of all bikes , but a slight rounding up (IMO) is fine . KTM do some strange sizes - 200 Duke , 390 (373cc) Duke , Enduro 350 (349.7cc) , 450 (449.3cc) , 500 (510.4cc) !!!. There is also a 660 or 690 , a 950 etc. What is wrong is not with an "ODD" size , but lying about it it the above video , if you care to watch it , where Honda says it (the 286) is 300cc. Hope this helps.

Yes the KTM is also a strange one and i agree it would look nice with a 375 sticker. I dont know the true cc,s of all bikes , but a slight rounding up (IMO) is fine . KTM do some strange sizes - 200 Duke , 390 (373cc) Duke , Enduro 350 (349.7cc) , 450 (449.3cc) , 500 (510.4cc) !!!. There is also a 660 or 690 , a 950 etc. What is wrong is not with an "ODD" size , but lying about it it the above video , if you care to watch it , where Honda says it (the 286) is 300cc. Hope this helps.

yes, no good for honda about that video. but it is a thai video so maybe the producers missed it or no problems in Thailand.

also in the video it says engine power 300 cc, yes misleading a bit. but do we care anyway? we are guys buying our bikes checking spec sheets in advance.

they cannot show such a video in a western country, they sue honda hard for that and get the underwear of Mr. Honda.

just let it go man and let us get benefit from your informative or experience based contribution here. why not?

Edited by ll2

Not really surprising regarding the video.

If you ask the sales girls in a Thai bike shop (they are always girls for some reason) about the cc on a bike and HP you are getting blank stares back, they don't have a clue.

So a CBR 300 is a 300 cc bike to them.

Only in the big bike shops do they have a mix of both genders, and the males are normally bike enthusiast and some of them know their stuff.

• Like 1

"CBR 300" is just the model name. Noone is expecting a bike with this name to have exactly 300cc or 299cc. Of course in the specs the number should be correct.

But i do not understand all this excitement about "300cc is better than 250cc". Why? Why not buy a 400cc then? Or (better) a 500cc? Or (much better) a supersport? All nonsense imo. A 250cc is as good as a 300cc, even if it has less power. Its just a bike with less cc and less power.