The rain does drain mainly on the BTS train (VIDEO)

webfact

The rain does drain mainly on the train (VIDEO)
By Coconuts Bangkok

btsleak.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Hopping aboard the BTS didn’t get some commuter’s out of last night’s downpour.

A commuter captured this video of rainfall entering through the roof of two connected cars into the passenger compartment and posted it online.

He did not state whether the incident caused everyone to lift their eyes from smartphones or not.

The rainfall reportedly happened inside BTS No. 23 as the train approached On Nut station.

Dr. Anat Apapiron, president of the Bangkok Mass Transit Authority, said [read more...]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34EoXxKav8E

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/09/03/rain-does-drain-mainly-train-video

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-09-03

laurentbkk, on 03 Sept 2014 - 17:39, said:

Those are Siemens train no ???? usually German technology is good ...and waterpoof

But who maintains them...

I actually heard a Japanese firm came to introduce and advice upon Train Maintenance here in Bkk.. Before troll posts come.. I said 'that's what I had heard'.

Also, the Drive Systems are Siemens.. Nothing to say the seals come from the same manufacturer and most probably they didn't!

Those are Siemens train no ???? usually German technology is good ...and waterpoof

Look to me like the Chinese made cars they added a few years ago.( cheaper than Siemens).

You can recognise the round halogen lamps on the c eiling where the car connects. The Siemens does not have them if I remember correctly.

And "usually" on the On Nut line they use a 4 cars Chinese train ( Siemens have 3 cars trains )