Need Small, Light Item Bringing From The US. Anyone Help?

Greenside

Before you ask...

• It's a couple of bags of small but expensive plastic irrigation spray nozzles
  • The supplier won't ship outside the US
  • Less than a kilo (actually about 30oz)
  • Packed in a clear plastic bag so no security concerns
  • No chance of customs issues (they'd never believe the price if you told them!)
  • Pricey in the US to begin with, but double here

If you are coming to CM in the next three weeks or have a friend who might help me out, I'd be really grateful to hear from you in a PM.

Many thanks.

Edited by Greenside

Find someone to repackage it for you in the States, and call it a gift. About 20 usd to ship. I just had an American Standard shower head sent over, and that was 10.85 usd.....You can open a free account with USPS online, fill out the label, with the customs form built in, call it a gift, calculate postage and get a PDF of the label to email to the sender. My 80 yo parents managed it fine.

These nozzles have to match the ones I already have so other sources won't work.

ShipItTo looks like a good option if I can't hook up with someone coming over, but it would have to come USPS and be repacked without the paperwork so that the "gift" declaration is believable - paying the full customs, VAT and handling would run to almost $100 which I'd obviously like to avoid if possible. I don't know if they are up to that level of detail. Thanks for the suggestion.

I will be leaving for Chiang Mai on the 15th. If you can get it to me by then, I can just mix it in with the rest of my various items I bring back with me. Only thing is, my wife will be coming down to Bangkok to meet me and then we will spend a week in Vietnam before going back up to Chiang Mai on the 24th. I usually bring back hard to get food for Thaivisa members. P.M. if you are interested. I live along the Canal Road and also have a business in the city center.

If the value is under 1000 Baht then you can sent it through registered mail with tracking number. No customs issues. I buy lots of stuff abroad now and have it shipped over via regualr mail service. Just avoid FedEx et al.

Or, you could look at the actual duty tariffs for agricultural equipment, irrigation supplies, whatever it's called. Might not be so bad.

These nozzles have to match the ones I already have so other sources won't work.

ShipItTo looks like a good option if I can't hook up with someone coming over, but it would have to come USPS and be repacked without the paperwork so that the "gift" declaration is believable - paying the full customs, VAT and handling would run to almost $100 which I'd obviously like to avoid if possible. I don't know if they are up to that level of detail. Thanks for the suggestion.

ShipiTo will not assist you in filling out a fraudulent customs declaration.

It sounds like your sole motive in this thread is to avoid paying legally required customs duties.

No, my main purpose is to avoid paying 395 baht each for 60 small plastic items that sell in the US for $6.00 a throw. Minimizing shipping, handling and other charges is helpful too.

I deduce from your holier than thou post that you don't shop abroad for anything and declare every dutiable item when entering the Kingdom after a trip home. I can only hope that contributing to the Department Of Seemingly Arbitrary Import Tariffs gives you the warm glow inside that you undoubtedly deserve.

Good for you and shame on the rest of us more normal people. wink.png

I use Shipito quite a bit which is why I know they won't assist you in your proposed fraud. Thaivisa is a much better place for that.

If you use Shipito YOU create and fill out the customs form online. They do nothing but put your completed customs form on the package and send it out

attachicon.gifShipTo Customs.png

Source:

http://www.shipito.com/usa-address-mail-forwarding

Except when the value on the customs form does not match the value on the invoice. Then they adjust the value on the customs form to reflect the true value.

https://forum.shipito.com/en/693/limitation-difference-between-package-value-declaration

Here's what Shipito told one customer who'd been playing it fast and loose. "It is illegal to provide false information on the customs declaration as you are evading customs taxes and duties. Client's are responsible for providing accurate information on the customs declaration, and if we do find that the information does not match the actual invoices we cannot ship your package."

So Shipito will not work for the OP's purpose. The only way to weasel out of paying customs duty is to get someone else to bring it in as luggage, and if the OP doesn't know anyone personally, posting on TV seems to be the way to go.

Edited by mesquite

What's the total cost of your items? I use Shipito often and have only been charged customs duties once because the package, a backpack, was large. All the other deliveries, many with declared value up to $150, have never had additional charges. I send USPS Priority and arrival usually takes about 10 days.

I don't understand the OP's concern of the item being labeled as a gift. It is a gift to himself and not obviously for resale, so there should be no problems. Declare a reasonable value and all Shipito will do will slap a new address label on it and affix a customs declaration that he prepares online and send it out. Don't make a problem with Shipito that doesn't exist. It is not Shipito return address on the package, it is the address the Shipito assigns to the customer and no where is Shipito mentioned on the package

Rarely do I buy things online that include a price receipt in the box, usually just a shipping label that states the item name and quantity, not the price. The price is usually listed on the emailed receipt that most vendors send after the credit card charge have cleared so the fear that Shipito is going to think the OP is playing it fast and loose is unwarranted