Jihadists steal commercial jets, raise 9/11 fears: reports

webfact

Silly question but apart from The Nation , Fox News, and the UKs DM. Are there any other believable sources to this?

Take your pick.

Just google "libya aircraft missing".

"Al Jazeera reported that the planes are being held by a group called the Masked Men Brigade, and it plans to use them in terror attacks."

Edited by Chicog

Silly question but apart from The Nation , Fox News, and the UKs DM. Are there any other believable sources to this?

Take your pick.

Just google "libya aircraft missing".

"Al Jazeera reported that the planes are being held by a group called the Masked Men Brigade, and it plans to use them in terror attacks."

Silly me I googled the tirle. Thanks

zaphod reborn post # 3

They already have MH Flight 370 tucked away. We won't see it until it is delivering a dirty bomb to some metropolitan area.

Sadly you theory may well be somewhat nearer the truth than some people care to think. These terrorist commanders are not ignorant peasants they are clever skillful players in the international terrorist field.

that field is cloaked in a mist of duplicity and deceit that defies any chance of seeing the truth and who is who or what is what.

The current situation in Libya proves that fact.

How can two planes just vanish into thin air without it seems nary a trace from any of those orbiting surveillance systems that are claimed to be able spot any thing that moves.?

The truth is out there somewhere, but what is the truth one asks?

The terrorist commanders may not be ignorant but you clearly are. Do you think there is a satellite in orbit for every plane on the planet watching every movement? Has any carrier come forward to confirm they are missing any planes? The OP clearly says that the Algerian intel is likely incorrect but that doesn't stop the head cases coming out with their BS theories with no evidence to back them up.

Sent from my KFTT using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I would like to see the evidence that 'jihadists' have stolen the aircraft, rather than say an entrepreneur, who has help himself to a few hundred million dollars worth of aircraft from a country at war.

Okay, I will provide evidence that 'jihadists' have stolen the aircraft (Since most cannot link to DailyMail I excerpt photos from this site via vpn).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2741428/Officials-warn-ELEVEN-missing-airplanes-Libya-used-carry-terrorist-attack-9-11-anniversary.html

Ansar al sharia= jihadists- http://www.trackingterrorism.org/group/ansar-al-sharia-libya-asl

Libyan Dawn, al queda, IS, ansar al sharia affiliate- http://english.alarabiya.net/en/perspective/alarabiya-studies/2014/08/25/Libyan-Dawn-Map-of-allies-and-enemies.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/terror-threat-911-anniversary-after-4155703

post-201392-0-19410500-1409835073_thumb.

post-201392-0-53905300-1409835075_thumb.

post-201392-0-10208800-1409835078_thumb.

post-201392-0-62093200-1409835080_thumb.

I would like to see the evidence that 'jihadists' have stolen the aircraft, rather than say an entrepreneur, who has help himself to a few hundred million dollars worth of aircraft from a country at war.

Okay, I will provide evidence that 'jihadists' have stolen the aircraft (Since most cannot link to DailyMail I excerpt photos from this site via vpn).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2741428/Officials-warn-ELEVEN-missing-airplanes-Libya-used-carry-terrorist-attack-9-11-anniversary.html

Ansar al sharia= jihadists- http://www.trackingterrorism.org/group/ansar-al-sharia-libya-asl

Libyan Dawn, al queda, IS, ansar al sharia affiliate- http://english.alarabiya.net/en/perspective/alarabiya-studies/2014/08/25/Libyan-Dawn-Map-of-allies-and-enemies.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/terror-threat-911-anniversary-after-4155703

The damage done by all those clowns standing on the things will likely have rendered them inoperable.

• Like 1

"entrepreneur" is that a new name for thief? And do you really think that your suggestion that an "entrepreneur" just mooching about a war zone nicked a couple o' planes to hock spare parts off is more plausible than "jihadists"?

Having worked for Colonel Ghadafi in Libya for 6 years prior to the uprising, I agree with gentleman Jim. The Libyans are more than capable of stealing an aircraft and selling it. Firstly, the Aircaft belong to Afriqiyah Airways which belongs to one of Ghadafi's sons. As such they do not see it as stealing what was bought with money belonging to the Libyan people. Secondly Afriqiyah Airways stole several jet engines from a friend's aircraft leasing company and refused to retrun them.

Thirdly they are great entrepreneurs (decendants of the Phoenician traders). I used to go to the car market on fridays and see many cars stolen in Europe one day for sale that are shipped over on the car ferry from Genoa to Tripoli overnight. I don't see any Jihadis in Libya, I see militias that are fighting to get rid of an Islamic Government that is not doing its job in imposing law and order in the country. I am in touch with many Libyan former colleagues on a daily basis.

I think you may be spot on... but I also think those who think the jihadis directly have possession are spot on. How so?

Regardless of the intent some money will change hands. In this environment, considering who has actually stolen the airplanes, and their known affiliations, its highly unlikely another regional buyer will buy the airlines for commercial enterprise. Your background gives you most excellent insight. In a failed state Libya I just see the "buyers" being those we are concerned about. Many tons of Libyan military hardware has already been directly transfered to IS; the relationship is fresh and current. I said elsewhere too, I see this as just one more thing to be highly alarmed about, not the greatest, just a bunch of alarming things.

Really? So without calling you a liar I would really like to see some hard facts about your claims of being in the inner circle. Or do you need your meds again.?

Are you talking about Estrada, the guy who said he worked for Col Qaddafi for 6 years? If so, why would you respond like this to him? Why would you presume a man would be lying, or fudging facts? I presume he is telling the truth. In fact, I think he is!

zaphod reborn post # 3

They already have MH Flight 370 tucked away. We won't see it until it is delivering a dirty bomb to some metropolitan area.

Sadly you theory may well be somewhat nearer the truth than some people care to think. These terrorist commanders are not ignorant peasants they are clever skillful players in the international terrorist field.

that field is cloaked in a mist of duplicity and deceit that defies any chance of seeing the truth and who is who or what is what.

The current situation in Libya proves that fact.

How can two planes just vanish into thin air without it seems nary a trace from any of those orbiting surveillance systems that are claimed to be able spot any thing that moves.?

The truth is out there somewhere, but what is the truth one asks?

The terrorist commanders may not be ignorant but you clearly are. Do you think there is a satellite in orbit for every plane on the planet watching every movement? Has any carrier come forward to confirm they are missing any planes? The OP clearly says that the Algerian intel is likely incorrect but that doesn't stop the head cases coming out with their BS theories with no evidence to back them up.

Sent from my KFTT using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I would imagine that all you need is a gps system to catch everyone on the planet, if it's on the network. MAS are not.

No doubt there are some jihadis out there that probably started drooling over the prospect of trying to re-enact 9/11 but it ain't as easy as hopping into a plane and just flying it into (pick likely target). It's possible, but without some very careful and difficult preparations, it's more likely they'd be blown out of the sky long before getting near any target.

(Stealing/flying a plane is one thing. Spoofing it so it could fly into another country's airspace without arousing suspicion is something different. Especially considering that everyone now knows there are planes missing, and various "authorities" probably have all the details of those missing planes.)

I think you make a great point. However, the civilian air traffic control is curiously dodgy. I personally feel these will fall into disuse rather quickly and those that do not will initially be used to travel/traffic, etc. Just getting airplanes does not make using an airplane a viable target of opportunity tool.

Having noted this, a plane used as a missile but that gets shot down before it gets to a target is still a significant coup for the goal of terrorists.

DailyMail

post-201392-0-92286200-1409836778_thumb.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why is it suggested that the next target would be in Bangkok?

Are the Jihadists allied so closely with the the southern muslims and anti Bangkok establishment as to take this so seriously?

I can think of many more "logical" targets particularly anything in the US who are the "natural" enemy, and if not, the new skyscrapers in Madrid after the recent Jihadist calls on social media to re-take Al Andalus.

Do you take seriously the idiotic and often sarcastic comments posted on TV? This whole thread has consisted of nothing but inane comments.

Inane comments eh, well there is a major NATO conference being held in Newport Wales to deal with this security threat of stolen planes in Libya.

Some of the key players who helped the free Libyan army, by bombing Gaddafi body guards, must be chuffed by the successful outcome.

I think Newport was chosen because it is the first time an acting President of the U.S.A has visited Wales, that is making history.

Your idiotic conspiracy theories are not helping anyone. When it is finally found, or at least never appears again, will you admit you are wrong?

To be completely fair, faced with the evidence, of which there is very little, the theory from zaphod is just as valid as any other theory out there.. I find it interesting psychologically that our Governments have been shown to be capable of very bad things, yet if we blame them for any occurrence it is immediately labelled a conspiracy theory. Why would the concept that MH 370 may have been stolen by terrorists have you label it a 'conspiracy'? Is it too far fetched for you? Too unlikely?How can zaphod admit he is wrong if it (MH 370 ) is never found?

If zaphod lives to the end of time...

11 planes went missing? They've simply disappeared? The producers of 'Now You See It' would be impressed. But one assumes they would need to find a way to enter foreign airspace in a commercial guise, without any legitimate pilots or passengers onboard from start to their hoped-for finish, in order to replicate 9/11.

Why do people instantly blame "Jihadists" or Muslims on just about anything?
Well, suppose our Western governments and media did quite a good job on
breathing a new generation of Islamophobics.

Couldn't it just as well be some South American Drug barons new investment?
They did try to buy a Russian Submarine form the Russian Mafia and nearly
managed it as well, - if it wouldn't have been discovered by the American
authorities.

It's well known South American drug lords already have all kinds of commercial
airliners to transport drugs from South America to Africa, then over land to Europe.
The long search for the crashed Airfrance plane showed how little surveillance
there is over the Center and Southern Atlantic. Most West African Nations are
pretty corrupt and flying over one of those countries "undetected" wouldn't be
much of a problem I guess.

So I suppose, my guess is as good as any other one.

• Like 1

Your idiotic conspiracy theories are not helping anyone. When it is finally found, or at least never appears again, will you admit you are wrong?

Conspiricy Theorists are never wrong,they just dream up another stupid angle. Most of them are so backward they still believe the Americans didn't land on the moon,it was all done in the Studio,it must be true the Russians told them!

Conspiricy Theorists are never wrong,they just dream up another stupid angle. Most of them are so backward they still believe the Americans didn't land on the moon,it was all done in the Studio,it must be true the Russians told them!

All the "news" stories about this seem to be based on an article in the Washington Free Beacon, a right-leaning website created in 2012, not famous for rigorous journalism. Their story does not name a single official or any actual reporting by the author other than reference anonymous officials.
If you Google "Libyan plane missing" you will get several hits, almost all from other conservative-leaning web/news sites such as World Net Daily, etc. whose news reporting basically consists of reprinting each others' stories. Conspicuously missing is any coverage by the major news organizations (BBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, Al Jazeera).

I suppose one could say there is a conspiracy by the world's mainstream media to keep a major terrorist threat secret. A more plausible explanation is that the Washington Free Beacon has published a rumor as news and it can't be confirmed by any reputable news organization.

Given the heightened attention to security around the world now, and the political climate in which any attack will immediately be followed by blaming public officials for not taking threats seriously, don't you think, if there was any confirmation that any planes were in the hands of terrorists, that governments everywhere would be issuing public security warnings?
Until trustworthy news organizations start confirming this, it's a rumor. If true, Washington Free Beacon gets credit for a scoop.

----
“A lie will go round the world while truth is pulling its boots on.” --Charles Haddon Spurgeon