Hotel Booking In Bkk Next Month

tutsiwarrior

please see the above...I can't figure out which is the cheapest...looking at high end Rembrandt, Landmark, etc for 2 nights early next month...something that has a pool for the kids...

Hotel booking SHOULD always be cheaper by an internet booking agent than either booking direct to the hotel, or through the hotel's own website.

This is becuase hotels give discounted "Contract Rates" to agents, including web based agents, so that they can get more customers. Many agents, particularly websites, put only low margins on their prices so that they can get more business.

Try sawasdee.com or latestays.com (for <2weeks ahead) or just google the hotel name and you'll get plenty of choices.

A reputable hotel (4 or 5 star) should never discount at the door or on the phone, to a lesser price than you'll get on a decent website.

(I work in Hotel industry)

please see the above...I can't figure out which is the cheapest...looking at high end Rembrandt, Landmark, etc for 2 nights early next month...something that has a pool for the kids...

You could also check with asiarooms.com or excelloz.com . I've used them almost all the time and everything was good and had great rates. Good luck!

I have been told that some hotels do deals for Thai nationals and have also seen offers in the Bkk Post and Nation that state they are for Thai Nationals/Residents only so it could be worth doing both to check the prices before booking

When I stayed at D2 in CM I searched a load of websites on the internet and then decided to phone them to see what price they would offer and the price over the phone was about 15% cheaper (I'm English) but that may have been because the hotel was fairly new at the time.

Online booking is almost always cheaper. It's no secret that hotels charge different rates from guests that arrive from different channels. Hotels do not compete with their agents, but their agents compete with each other.

I have used both thaihotelsbooking.com and sawadee.com, good service and quick response in both.

yeah...I always thought that internet booking was cheapest. But I went to Penang on a visa run one time and elected to stay an extra night and what the hotel reception charged for the extra night was about 2/3 of the internet rate...

go figure...

The Dynasty Inn on soi 6 was excellent for my brother and his girlfriend. It was on special until August i think. 1800 baht a night. Big rooms and great pool. I'd suggest to anyone to stay here. All can be done over the phone i believe. No need to use an agent as this is a hotel special only. No need tp pay the Landmark prices when this place beats it hands down. Not my opinion(i've never stayed at either) but many friends and families opinions.