Advantages and disadvantages to living in jomtien and/or pratumnak:

infinity11

I've lived everywhere in and surrounding Pattaya and now I'm happiest in Naklua.

I like the food courts of Big C and Central but I don't enjoy living there as you're always pegged as a tourist from tailors, bar girls, baht buses, ladies selling wooden frogs, men selling lazer pointers, etc.

Jomtien has a wider beach road but the closest food courts are on Sukhumvit. When I lived there, I found myself always traveling over the hill to get into the city.

Naklua works for me because my goal was always to assimilate and now I truly have. I live in a 100% Thai apartment. Prices are Thai and the respect I receive is somewhat like that of a native. I also speak fluent Thai (I would expect Thai people to speak English in my country) so joking around with the gentle locals is a pleasure. It seems once they get to soi 6 to the end of Jomtien, they're often pretty ruthless. Out here, it's mellow.

The closest shopping center is Tesco Lotus on North Pattaya road which has a food court. There is even a little park near the fish market which has grass to sit on and is used by families of all ages every night for exercise, dance, sitting on the grass, etc.

This is the real Thailand right here in crazy Pattaya. There's also Banglamung hospital. Want to avoid the long waits? Go at 4am. There are doctors just waiting for emergency cases but when there's nothing, they've got you.

Naklua works for me because my goal was always to assimilate and now I truly have. I live in a 100% Thai apartment. Prices are Thai and the respect I receive is somewhat like that of a native. I also speak fluent Thai (I would expect Thai people to speak English in my country) so joking around with the gentle locals is a pleasure. It seems once they get to soi 6 to the end of Jomtien, they're often pretty ruthless. Out here, it's mellow.

From what I've seen of the way Thais respect each other, I don't want any part of it.

"100% Thai apartment"? What is that supposed to mean? A dive? There's plenty of Thais here living in expensive places.

I've lived everywhere in and surrounding Pattaya and now I'm happiest in Naklua.

I like the food courts of Big C and Central but I don't enjoy living there as you're always pegged as a tourist from tailors, bar girls, baht buses, ladies selling wooden frogs, men selling lazer pointers, etc.

Jomtien has a wider beach road but the closest food courts are on Sukhumvit. When I lived there, I found myself always traveling over the hill to get into the city.

The closest shopping center is Tesco Lotus on North Pattaya road which has a food court. There is even a little park near the fish market which has grass to sit on and is used by families of all ages every night for exercise, dance, sitting on the grass, etc.

This is the real Thailand right here in crazy Pattaya. There's also Banglamung hospital. Want to avoid the long waits? Go at 4am. There are doctors just waiting for emergency cases but when there's nothing, they've got you.

Yeesh, I didn't think living near a food court was that important. I live in Jomtien and enjoy cooking as one of my pasttimes. Pattaya is fine if your vacationing for 2 weeks, but no way could I live there on a regular basis. As far living with thai's again I have no problem see them on a daily basis's and am treated accordingly, not as a toutist.