Legal intoxicants in Thailand and some thoughts.

infinity11

Besides alcohol and caffeine, what do thais (and farnag use legally?)

Nada?

I will try to keep this within the guidelines.

Please let us know if something is NOT ok, mods, before closing please.

I read on THAIVISA that Kratom is now legal.

Bath salts used to be and may be in other countries, but here?

I am sure there are other herbs and things but you have to find or dig or research.

Fell free to PM me.

(This is an aside but affects millions: will grass ever become decriminalized in Thailand for medical or other purposes?

Why should people get busted for weed?

A big corrupt money maker?)

Please keep it civil and open, for intelligent discussion. wai2.gif

I am sure many people would like to know.

Thanks.

"This is an aside but affects millions: will grass ever become decriminalized in Thailand for medical or other purposes"

Can't see it happening for recreational or medical purposes. The way they are prohibiting the sale of even mild painkillers, doesn't suggest to me there's much chance of ever letting the public make an informed choice on this subject.

Edited by uptheos

Kratom is not legal but has been under consideration (first in 2010 then 2013) to reduce its narcotic drug list category. The history of Kratom was it was made illegal as it cut into the opium trade & taxes (1943). Not sure where this topic is going to head.

• Like 1

Kratom is not legal but has been under consideration (first in 2010 then 2013) to reduce its narcotic drug list category. The history of Kratom was it was made illegal as it cut into the opium trade & taxes (1943). Not sure where this topic is going to head.

Kratom was illegal but tolerated since somewhen Thaksin time. Problem on it is: To chew Kratom leaves is a mild drug. But they somehow extract the chemicals with coke and get some way stronger liquid version of it. Which is an alternative to Ya Baa.

Areca nut wrapped in betel leaf with lime and occasionally other ingredients added., is chewed here. Legal as far as I know, it was outlawed for a brief period in the 1940s.

Long-term use turns your lips red/orange and your teeth a shiny black like lacquer.

On the plus side, it is said to increase alertness, stamina, and a sense of well-being... sounds like ganja.

I've never tried it, I have enough bad habits.

• Like 1

There is guajarana but i 've never seen it. I guess it's legal to grow.

betelnut but that's awfull. Froglicking, we have loads of poisonous frogs here but don't know if they are the right ones to lick.

Mushrooms but again don't know if they grow here and if so are legal.

For me the sun, my wife and fruit are enough to keep me happy. Even alcohol can't bother me anymore.

• Like 1