True to AIS.. how about DTAC?

RT85

side note: What mobile phone provider are you guys using?

hey guys,

so i've been using True as my mobile provider for over a year now... and i finally decided to switch to AIS.

the reception where i'm living is terrible with TRUE...

so i've been ding donging between calling AIS to TRUE over switching while keeping my number the same.

there was a bit of a silly tussle..

if you ever want to change operators, make sure your address and name is EXACTLY the same when you apply at the new one.

the first switch over was rejected by TRUE, because... my name in the AIS application did not say "Mr."

everything else was the same except my name.. how silly is that?

anyway, a few phone calls away, and TRUE called me back again.. this time.. asking for the main reason why i wanted to terminate and switch.. i said bad reception i can't use TRUE...

the guy actually offered me a 50% off my yearly subscription if i stayed on...

That's pretty insane right? well i still said no... and my line should be switching to AIS any day now.

for the application itself, it was really simple. just walked into AIS, said i wanted to switch, they made a copy of my ID/WP, issued me a new sim card, and i signed a transfer document. They gave me a new sim card and told me to switch once AIS smsed me the successful transfer. no fees, nothing. plus my plan in AIS is cheaper.

sorry i'm not a big fan of planning my posts, i just like to write it as it comes to mind.. so forgive my long windedness..

good day :)

I've been with AIS for many years. I've heard these carriers offer significant discounts if you threaten to eave. I never had a single problem in many years, but my last bill was 100 baht higher than usual and I can't figure out why just yet. I just got an SMS telling me ow much they were charging me for this cycle. DTac has a plan that's cheaper and suits my needs. I might give AIS a call and tell them about the deal. I wonder if they might offer me a similar deal. It's wortha shot if the discounts can be that significant! Is this really normal when you call and tell them you're considering switching carriers?

• Like 2

I went into AIS to move from DTAC and they told me its too much trouble,if that's their attitude I'll stay with DTAC

that is really weird..

was something lost in translation?

my transfer was really quick...drop by AIS, just photo copy id, they fill up a form, i sign, they issue me new sim card.. and ask me to wait..

no fees whatsoever... TRUE to AIS.