ESOL Level 3 English

Because my wife's A1 BULATS English test pass may now be invalid she might have to do another English test before her FLR. She is progressing quite well with her English so it may be best for her to go for the ESOL Level 3 sooner rather than later as she will need that for ILR eventually anyway.

My understanding is that she only needs ESOL Level 3 English Speaking and Listening (for both FLR and ILR) and therefore she does not need to take Reading and Writing.

When she did her English test in Thailand (both TOEIC and BULATS) she was forced to take Reading & Writing although it did not matter if she scored zero in these 2 disciplines.

Therefore my question about ESOL Level 3 is can she just take Speaking & Listening only?

We live in North Devon. Can anyone recommend a test centre that is not too far away?

By the way, I've done some internet searches on this and it is not clear. There seem to be a plethora of companies offering courses and exams including Reading & Writing for ESOL Level 3. My wife is getting good English tuition but the college she goes to doesn't offer the examination and can't tell me if she can just take Speaking & Listening!

Many thanks.

Trinity college London are reputable.

http://www.trinitycollege.com/findacentre/

This link will help you find an exam centre.

http://www.trinitycollege.com/site/?id=2094

here is a link to see which exams are necessary for citizenship and visas.

I am sure a quick call will verify exactly what you need.

Hope this helps.

Quick edit on reading further down the second link page it states the test is speaking and listening only and this meets Home Office requirements. :)

Edited by fozzy58uk

As far as my wife's situation , the school will test her and then tell you what level she starts at.

My wife has just got her FLR last month,

I wanted her to go for levell 3 this year, as last two years she did A1, reading,listening ,writing, etc.

The school said she could not jump a level, as the government has stopped people doing this