Fastest way to drive back to Bkk? Chonburi or motorway

samran

Coming back from utapo way and noticed there was a bit of roadworks happening once you got off the motorway headed into Pattaya with traffic banked up quite a way going towards BKK.

Was wondering people's opinion of using the coast road to chonburi and then the chonburi expressway as an alternative on a Sunday when lots of people are headed back to BKK

I've done this several times recently. It is a bit of a mess. But not too bad. I did it at pretty much rush hour and it only took me an extra 15 minutes or so to navigate through these construction sites. There seem to be more than one, at least on the side heading towards Bangkok.

The coastal route is also a mess. I go to Sri Racha quite often. I've quit using Sukhumvit. I use the motorway as much as I can.

But, there is also some repaving going on near Swampy. Makes another mess, but again, not too bad.

• Like 1

The general consensus is that the motorway is the quickest, with one member (mod? whistling.gif ) claiming sub 60 minute trips to Swampy. However on a given day your mileage may vary considerably given the local conditions.

It is the weekend and the locals do like to go for a drive, so pack a lunch and water bag.

• Like 1

post commenting on moderator action removed. see this forum rule

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

• Like 1

The general consensus is that the motorway is the quickest, with one member (mod? whistling.gif ) claiming sub 60 minute trips to Swampy. However on a given day your mileage may vary considerably given the local conditions.

It is the weekend and the locals do like to go for a drive, so pack a lunch and water bag.

Excellent point. Weekends are terrible. Especially if you are going in the direction of Bangkok traffic!!!!

• Like 1

I have also found the motorway best for Bangkok bound as I live close to the Pong connection to the route to it but coming back from certain parts of Bangkok my GPS always prefers the expressway option. Sometimes I ignore it but not sure why the machine would opt for that.

• Like 1

Made it back in good time, 2 hours to downtown mid sukhumvit from the big Buddha mountain. The construction area with the 'safety firt' signage was okay. Been stuck there for an hour before on the way back from rayong which was the big worry.

Thanks for all the tips.

And to me fans, I loves ya.