Bakery Discovery in Northwest CM

sante

There's a fantastic bakery, for bread at least, in soi 8 Moonmuang. Walk past Somphet Market which will be on your left and it's about 50 meters further on the right hand side, by the turning into Eurana Hotel, opposite Nice Kitchen restaurant. They make excellent wholemeal bread for 50 baht for an 800g loaf.

I presume (and dearly hope) it's still there. Last seen April 2014 but I know how quickly things change in CM!

MrBrad, yes that's the street but it looks somewhat different now. And you're right about the turns--it isn't the first left but the third. I'm still driving mentally on the right side of the road and the bakery shop is on the first street that goes over the canal.

Are you sure my map has north at the bottom? I thought it was on top with west on the left and east, the right. Whew, I'm confused....

Sante your original directions are completely wrong from your map...

Coming from the Moat turn RIGHT on canal and the the 3rd LEFT...

Then look for someone selling Bananas xwacko.png.pagespeed.ic.jGW10VtQsI.png

coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif

I do believe his original directions are effective if you're looking for the See Man Pub....

And that place sells kuuai not glûuai out front...

Do you mean soi 6 Moonmuang - the soi that runs through Somphet Market ? I am pretty sure that is where Nice Kitchen restaurant is.

Yes. Good old Tripadvisor, you can always rely on them to foul up a map! It is the soi that runs through Somphet market.