Hillary Clinton a counter-punch to ISIL: Gillard

webfact

Clinton a counter-punch to ISIL: Gillard

MELBOURNE: -- ELECTING Hillary Clinton as US president would send a powerful message to Islamic extremists that mistreating women is wrong, former prime minister Julia Gillard says.

THE former US secretary of state has not yet formally announced her candidacy for president in the 2016 elections but is thinking about it.

Ms Gillard will "loudly barrack from the sidelines" if the former first lady runs for office.

She said it would not only be important for the US but have a "huge global impact", particularly in the context of the rise of Islamic State, also known as ISIL, in Iraq and Syria.

"Of the things that are being fought over in this security situation, pivotal to them is women's rights and women's roles," Ms Gillard told AAP.

"ISIL is a philosophy that has at its core the subjugation of women.

"So to be able, in the world in which we live today with those security challenges, to see a great democracy elect a woman to lead it would be a real statement.

Full story: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/clinton-a-counter-punch-to-isil-gillard/story-fni0xqi4-1227073869087

-- Herald Sun 2014-09-29

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep, Condi was a tool, Bush's lapdog. Did the election/selection of Angela Merkel or Christine Lagarde send "a powerful message to Islamic extremists that mistreating women is wrong?" In the eyes of the Muslim extremists, the election of women into high office is just another symptom of a weak and crumbling political system.

• Like 2

ELECTING Hillary Clinton as US president would send a powerful message to Islamic extremists that mistreating women is wrong

Why would it be a "powerful" message? How much do they care?

They would probably consider it as yet another sign of US degradation while Gallard apparently assumes that Islamic extremists are fixated on empowering their women and so she tells them that they shouldn't mistreat them if they want to achieve their goal.

What next? Teaching them how to properly emigrate to Australia?

• Like 1

Hillary? I wouldn't vote for that lying bitch if she was the only candidate available.

Good. Nobody cares. Most Americans don't vote. Not voting for her is a vote for her. Brilliant.

Yes, I do support Hillary Rodham Clinton for U.S. president in 2016.

She will run. She will win.

Old lady power!

Edited by Jingthing

Hillary supports snooping on people without warrents. She, like Condi, is an authoritarian. If you want to see China out pace the US, vote Hillary.

Well the way U.S. politics works is that choices are limited.

Not saying that's great, it's just the way it is.

Will someone challenge Hillary for the democratic nomination?

Probably.

But it is very unlikely there will be a repeat of history with someone with amazing CHARISMA mixed with the first black president magic challenging her, like last time.

So it seems very unlikely, much more than before, that she would lose the democratic nomination this time if she runs. (She is running.)

Any challenge will be coming from her left.

As far as the republican opposition, that's it, there will be only the two choices in the end.

Any republican to get nominated will have to pander to the insane right wingers in the USA, so chances are quite slim they will nominate someone who can really beat Hillary.

Can Chris Christie beat Hillary? I doubt it. But maybe. But I don't think he can even make it through the nomination.

Edited by Jingthing

Hillary supports snooping on people without warrents. She, like Condi, is an authoritarian. If you want to see China out pace the US, vote Hillary.

Well the way U.S. politics works is that choices are limited.

Not saying that's great, it's just the way it is.

Will someone challenge Hillary for the democratic nomination?

Probably.

But it is very unlikely there will be a repeat of history with someone with amazing CHARISMA mixed with the first black president magic challenging her, like last time.

So it seems very unlikely, much more than before, that she would lose the democratic nomination this time if she runs. (She is running.)

Any challenge will be coming from her left.

As far as the republican opposition, that's it, there will be only the two choices in the end.

Any republican to get nominated will have to pander to the insane right wingers in the USA, so chances are quite slim they will nominate someone who can really beat Hillary.

Can Chris Christie beat Hillary? I doubt it. But maybe. But I don't think he can even make it through the nomination.

Christie ? Please. Hillary will get nominated, but she and McCain always say things to mire their runs for office. Rand Paul has a shot. Hillary will run and she will screw it up.

Christie ? Please. Hillary will get nominated, but she and McCain always say things to mire their runs for office. Rand Paul has a shot. Hillary will run and she will screw it up.

Rand Paul is a "libertarian" and isolationist radical. He has no shot at all. Even less so now, as the war against ISIS has started.

Condi Rice would send an even more powerful message. A smart, black woman with oodles of common sense.

And if memory serves me right as corrupt as hell. I recall an innocent man she sent to prison because she would not back off even when she knew she was wrong.

The current guy was a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma...and he gave stirring speeches.

Combine his soaring rhetoric with nothing public being known about the guy and you have a tragic, for the US, mix of politics and stupidity. He became ABB (anybody but Bush).

Hillary has way too much history to be elected. From her recently released letters to Saul Alinksy through her tenure as Secretary of State there will be unanswerable questions constantly floating around her.

She is damaged goods.

Sure thing. Comfort yourself with that. All she needs is one more electoral vote than the crazed republicans she'll be up against. It's happening.

Condi Rice would send an even more powerful message. A smart, black woman with oodles of common sense.

She's not running and she is damaged goods due to Bush.

If true, she has a lot in common with Hillary. Most voters think Barack Obama is the worst president since World War II

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/07/poll-obama-worst-president-since-wwii-108507.html#ixzz3EhE0GfmN

• Like 1

She's not running and she is damaged goods due to Bush.

If true, she has a lot in common with Hillary. Most voters think Barack Obama is the worst president since World War II

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/07/poll-obama-worst-president-since-wwii-108507.html#ixzz3EhE0GfmN

But Condi isn't running. Hillary is running. She is the one to beat and she won't be beat.

You can't beat a somebody with a nobody.

Hillary is a big arsed somebody.

So far, the republicans have nobody.

Jeb Bush might be able to beat her.

The republicans will never nominate him.

Edited by Jingthing

"... to see a great democracy elect a woman to lead it would be a real statement."

I believe the election of Angela Merkel as the first female chancellor of democratic Germany and one of the architects of the European Union already fits the description. But World History can be such a difficult subject.

Barack Obama is not my definition of a nobody. He was already seen as a rising star with magical charisma and indeed he was. Democrats wanted to go historic and the choice was first black vs. first woman. Now it's first woman's turn. Not saying she should be picked based on gender. Of course not. But she is objectively massively qualified by experience to be president and anyone who doesn't admit that is just not being honest.

I would also say Obama was objectively NOT very qualified by experience to be president ... but clearly that doesn't always matter.

I do realize this must be upsetting to the haters of Hillary. After eight years of Obama now her. Well, again, this is happening.

Edited by Jingthing