Is it possible to change my Tourist Visa to Business without leaving Thailand

It may be possible in some cases, but not all. It may require multiple visits to immigration office and they can raise difficulties about it. Add that your company is not formed yet, and in your case the answer is a sure 'no'.

• Like 1

You can do every thing you need to do without getting a non immigrant B visa. Including a work permit application which will be needed to get a non-b visa application done.

Unless you pay a lawyer, agent or etc a large fee to do a change of visa status to get a non immigrant visa entry you will probably have to go out to get your non-b visa.

• Like 1

Is the large fee larger than the hassle and cost associated with having to travel and spend a few days abroad?

That you would have to find out with a fixer. Some consulates like Savannakhet Laos issue the visa the same day. However you will find that until you have all your company papers the discussion is pretty much pointless.

For me it was quite easy to do it all inside Thailand.

I entered on a "Visa Exempt" status and three weeks later I had a 15 month multiple entry Non-imm B visa in the passport (and a WP) done by a agent. She took care of everything, all I had to do was to meet her at the Labor department to sign the WP. And yes, also sign all copies of the passport for the visa at the same time.

• Like 1

I entered on a "Visa Exempt" status and three weeks later I had a 15 month multiple entry Non-imm B visa in the passport (and a WP) done by a agent. She took care of everything, all I had to do was to meet her at the Labor department to sign the WP. And yes, also sign all copies of the passport for the visa at the same time.

Unless you left the country to get your multiple entry non-b visa it was not legally issued. You cannot get a non-b visa here in Thailand.

You can get extensions of stay and re-entry permits.

Matseng; What were your charged?

Unless you left the country to get your multiple entry non-b visa it was not legally issued. You cannot get a non-b visa here in Thailand.

Well, at least it is valid since I've used the visa number to enter Thailand since then. I'm sure (well.... this being Thailand I might actually not be too sure about that ^_^ ) the immigration computers would detect a fake visa number.

• Like 1

Did you get your visa and work permit through setting up a company? Do you have a referral that you are willing to share? tx

yes

i was told no more under the table jobs as the associated offices in getting this all done are scared for their jobs

There is a lot of confusion here. One has always been able to get a non immigrant visa issue inside Thailand. You only have to pass all the required documentation at the MFA. They are obtainable now and no under table required. You have to deal with the MFA who then instructs the DOI.

There is a lot of confusion here. One has always been able to get a non immigrant visa issue inside Thailand. You only have to pass all the required documentation at the MFA. They are obtainable now and no under table required. You have to deal with the MFA who then instructs the DOI.

Certainly not " always" and not easy. MFA does not have an office open to the public to issue visas. Only allowed interface is Immigration. If you have exact, referenced information post them instead of making vague statements.