Sym Italjet Formula 125

ttakata

A taxi bike passed me on one of these today and it looked cool/expensive but turns out they are only 45000 baht.

Pretty sweet looking as far as scooters go.

Too bad more bikes don't copy Italian bigbike styling.

http://www.checkraka.com/price/motorcycle-15-157/เอสวายเอ็ม-SYM-Italjet-Formula-125-Standard-ปี-2014-1442999/

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hxX9ZhObZ4

Your post is a bit confusing, Sym and Italjet are two completely independent and in Italy very competitive companies. Sym is from Taiwan and Italjet is from Italy....

As I said both compete on the European market, Italjet has no export to Southeast Asia so it's very unlikely you see a scooter from them in Thailand legally registered as a motorcycle Taxi....

Also the Italjet Formula 125 being a two-stroke scooter it's very unlikely that it would ever received a import permit and if it did would have passed Thai exhaust emission tests.... The import of motorcycles/scooters with a two-stroke engines is prohibited for a good amount of time....

I know I saw this bike since nothing other than a Paningale looks like it.

The driver had a taxi vest on and a girl side saddle as his fare.

Mocyc wouldn't make a 20 minute video and say how much it costs if it wasn't sold here.

The Thai link lists the bike as a Sym and some other online articles suggest Sym makes this bike.

Another article calls this a Lamsport made in Vietnam.

I am just throwing it out there as a bike for people to research and talk about.

I am not an expert on this bike so for those interested do your research.

Hopefully someone will buy one and let us know how it is.

I see 1 fault; no front pockets to put small stuff in.

Edited by ttakata

While it's very possible that the Italjet Formula 125 is made in Vietnam, it would still be not possible to import this scooter into Thailand. As it's impossible to get a import permit for anything that says two-stroke, companies bigger than Italjet tried and failed....

While it's very possible that the Italjet Formula 125 is made in Vietnam, it would still be not possible to import this scooter into Thailand. As it's impossible to get a import permit for anything that says two-stroke, companies bigger than Italjet tried and failed....

Shows you don't read any Thai motorbike magazines. They have been advertising this bike for months.

yep, seeing it siting on an independent dealer close to my house.

not sure about the quality but looks good.

if SYM, of course OK quality, not like Chinese but not like Japanese as well.

original old model Italjet was also looking good and still looks good IMO.

26918_0_1_2_dragster%20180_Image%20credi

Italjet-Dragster-180-08.jpg

• Like 1

Tires have cool tread pattern but wonder if the rubber is any good.

Doubt you can get good rubber at this bike's price since even 250cc bikes are known to have low grip tires.

For that price which you can barely buy a fino, better dont expect much from consumables.

But cheap to get a set of michelin or pirelli anyway.

And it looks like, it is not related with sym.

Edited by ll2