Transport from BKK to Khao San Road

Hello5130

Depending on your timing, you can catch the airport train to Pya Thai station. From there, it's either a taxi (about 80~100 baht) or a bus (someone might know the numbers and where to catch it).

Just as easy is the taxi from the airport, which should come to about 300 baht, using the meter, which most taxis in Bangkok now do (except in some high end tourist areas, and outside expensive hotels).

• Like 1

Best you stay home if you cant afford the $7 taxi ride.,

Why ?

And you still do not understand? Youve chosen the wrongest forum-the regular people here, fat, drinkttomuth,always raving about their GFs, bald white expats are even more fiendish to backpackers as they are to the perceived by them inablity of Thai to run this country to their idea of how it should be.

But bertt: get life, there is a very oldfashioned way to solve this: get a guidebook, it lists all detials.

• Like 1

Why ?

And you still do not understand? Youve chosen the wrongest forum-the regular people here, fat, drinkttomuth,always raving about their GFs, bald white expats are even more fiendish to backpackers as they are to the perceived by them inablity of Thai to run this country to their idea of how it should be.

But bertt: get life, there is a very oldfashioned way to solve this: get a guidebook, it lists all detials.

Again why ? Why would I need to get a guidebook to show me where Khao san road is ? maybe if I wanted to go there I would, but being as I don't I wont.

Why ?

Why you ask?....Thailand/BKK is one of the cheapest places on earth to travel around in, Bkk is also hugh and traffic locked half the time, on first vist get a taxi then get a feel for the place, seriously if you cant afford the taxi ride you cant afford to travel, bit like the guys coming on to this forum looking for 500B a night hotels in the centre of downtown, a 3 star hotel in Thailand is a 4 or sometimes 5 star elsewhere and for a fraction of the cost....i mean where in the USA or Australia or Europe would you find a a hotel room of the same standard for $50 or $60 a night?

Why ?

Why you ask?....Thailand/BKK is one of the cheapest places on earth to travel around in, Bkk is also hugh and traffic locked half the time, on first vist get a taxi then get a feel for the place, seriously if you cant afford the taxi ride you cant afford to travel, bit like the guys coming on to this forum looking for 500B a night hotels in the centre of downtown, a 3 star hotel in Thailand is a 4 or sometimes 5 star elsewhere and for a fraction of the cost....i mean where in the USA or Australia or Europe would you find a a hotel room of the same standard for $50 or $60 a night?

I have lived in Bangkok for the last year, I am not a backpacker I have no interest in going to Khao san road. Why I asked was because the idea of backpacking is to travel as cheaply as possible. If you can afford 30-40,000 baht to fly here I'm sure you can afford to pay 7 bucks for a taxi, but that's not how backpackers work. That's why they share rooms rather than stay in hotels.

Why ?

I have lived in Bangkok for the last year, I am not a backpacker I have no interest in going to Khao san road. Why I asked was because the idea of backpacking is to travel as cheaply as possible. If you can afford 30-40,000 baht to fly here I'm sure you can afford to pay 7 bucks for a taxi, but that's not how backpackers work. That's why they share rooms rather than stay in hotels.

The idea of backpacking is to see the world after you finish Uni/Year-out and to share the experience with like minded people, I believe. Wouldn't be much fun stuck in a hotel room by yourself would it. Its for the experience a bit like College/Uni life abroad.

Edited by thai20144

Why ?

The cheapest guidebook on Amazon cost $8.95... coffee1.gif

Te best way is to take Airport LInk to Payathai station... BTS to Thaksin Station on river then take a riverboat up the river to Phra Ahthit then hoof it with your backpack from there... This gives you a wonderful tour thru the city for your firs time visit... But as you are arriving after 6pm the river boat will be closed by the time you get there...

Check out this link (Yes the internet is FREE and your friend)

http://www.langeasy.com/cities/bangkok/khaosan2.html

Edited by sfokevin