Waxy chain lube in Thailand

Beardog

Hey I take back what great things I was saying about wax based chain lubes for the chain & sprockets. I bought a case of small cans of the waxy chain lube in BKK & I have to say it is NOTHING at all like the chain lubes you can buy in America ,England ,Europe,Australia or Mexico & Spain.

From what I can tell the oil has no wax in it to keep dirt off the chain. Unfortunately you can't put the chain oil (legally) in your baggage check in in the U.S. as it states highly flammable on the label.

The only upside was due to TSA stealing the chain lubes Vicodin & a power commander unit I went to the Federal building & had them verify & pack my check in. I was compensated for 4 of 5 items as they were caught on a data chip from 3 pen cameras I bought in Thailand. So the Vicodin is why the feds got involved on my theft case.2 people in San Fransisco were arrested & charged & 1 of the thieves didn't even work any dept of the airport.he just was a dweeb loading the backpack with ill gotten goods. Mainly motorcycle goodies that were most likely fenced through EBAY.

The Feds got through a ton of items that TSA would have kept but I think having everything itemized & descriptions along with contact numbers from the FBI to get a hold of them if anything was removed kept the sticky fingers out of my box this time. Sadly the Chain oil is not legally acceptable on the plane unless it is shipped as hazardous material separate from the check in........So it is back to the goopy Bel Ray available in Thailand at 300% of what it sells for in the states.

Unless you are looking for a Sonax type WD-40 I would give wax chain oil a miss.The cans I picked up & got through 3 years ago were from Mexico & were excellent at lubing & sealing the lube in a light layer of paraffin.Here they just conveniently forgot the wax & the lube barely makes it 2 weeks & needs to be re-lubed.

Edited by Beardog
  • Like 1

even 80 thb thai chain lube works if needed.

last time bought thai made two big bottle of chain cleaner and oil spray - and a room refresher spray as a bonus! - for 250 thb from a track day stand. all work good but you need to apply them more frequently than quality products. still good value. i clean/oil my chain every 1000 km. lazy i am.

sometime buy motul products from bigwing. with my member discount, it also becomes a good value.

anyway, i mostly change chain and sprockets at 25 k km.