US money transfer K-Bank, paperwork?

Tiger7Moth

I use a K-Bank office in Naklua. But, when I wanted to send money to my US bank account, I had to go to the office on Pattaya Klang to do it.

This time, I would like to transfer an amount of about 1.5 million baht from bank in US to K-Bank. Is there any paperwork required - have to say something like I am intending to buy a condo, for example? Would I have to use the Pattaya Klang office again?

Thanks very much for any info. biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Lots, If you don't have a work permit or pretty much the kings permission (what SBC on 2nd road told me) you are limited to amounts way under $10,000 USD. Or us western union for up to 20 % to ship. Getting money in no problem getting it out is hell. I tried 3 banks & wound up muling just under $10,000 back to the U.S. so I wouldn't have to file the over $10,000 limit without extra paperwork & inevitably paying taxes on the same money for the 3rd time.

Good luck after 11 years of trying to get money home I gave up. I think Paypal may be a better option but still have to work out the Thai to American pay pal accts. It did come out cheaper than banks or western union.

Maybe someone has had better luck & knows a way around the redtape. After hearing Krungsakorn bank say no way & SBC telling me a note from his majesty(I shit you not) I just gave up.Seems ridiculous but so far I have never heard anyone successful getting money back to the U.S.without a work permit.

Money inbound no problem. Just write "living-expenses or condo-purchase". Occasionally need to sign a simple declaration. Not, if you have already email-signed up with KK Int. Dept. on Klang, upstairs. Then they will SMS and email you to accept exchange rate or ask you to stop by for a moment to sign ready paperwork. No cost or tax involved.

I use KK to send our money, never a problem, declare as family expenses or living expenses abroad. A friend just sent 1.5 Mio from BKK Bank, opp. Soi 6 to Europe. No problem at all. Hope it goes as easy for you. MS>

Money inbound no problem. Just write "living-expenses or condo-purchase". Occasionally need to sign a simple declaration. Not, if you have already email-signed up with KK Int. Dept. on Klang, upstairs. Then they will SMS and email you to accept exchange rate or ask you to stop by for a moment to sign ready paperwork. No cost or tax involved.

I use KK to send our money, never a problem, declare as family expenses or living expenses abroad. A friend just sent 1.5 Mio from BKK Bank, opp. Soi 6 to Europe. No problem at all. Hope it goes as easy for you. MS>

Thank you. I will stop at Pattaya Klang, tell them I will be transferring from US bank and fill out whatever forms they need. biggrin.png

You will be doing SWIFT wire transfers to K-Bank. Yes, you state on your wire transfer from your home bank the reason for the transfer (buy a car, condo, medical expenses, etc.). Be sure to transfer the funds in your home currency not THB. K-Bank will issue a FET form when necessary should you have to repatriate your money. This has been discussed on the Banking forum. Search there for more details

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thank you. I will stop at Pattaya Klang, tell them I will be transferring from US bank and fill out whatever forms they need. alt=biggrin.png>

For money coming in, you really don't need to advise them. Just note down what ThaiBob said, check with your branch approx. 48 hours after transfer initiated, often they will then call to BKK or Klang and ask for the exchange rate approval for/by you, then an hour later the funds are in your account. If you intend to send money from here, well worth setting up all details only 1 time in Klang Int. Dpt.. Much easier than many say. MS>

• Like 1

As MS says it is not difficult. There are details on the K-Bank website.

http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/Personal/OtherProducts/KMoneyTransfer/InternationalMoneyTransfer/Pages/GlobalInward1.aspx

Just one caution, be sure your name on your US bank wire transfer form matches exactly your K-Bank account name and account number. Do not let your US bank try to do the exchange rate conversion to THB, transfer USD only(important). Looks like you are just under the $50,000 threshold so you won't need an FET form, although if you are buying a condo I recommend it.

Works all the time, no local branch contact needed. Just a Bangkok Bank Account and IBanking.

I have several other accounts are other banks, all a pain to transfer funds, Bangkok Bank, no problem.

Below is the instruction from the Main Branch in Bangkok.

Thank you for using Bualuang iBanking.

Regarding your inquiry, we would like to inform that you can transfer money to abroad by contact any of the banks in your country and kindly mention as the followings:
1. The beneficial Account Name: in full name as appear on his/her passbook.
2. The beneficial Account Number: 10 digits.
3. Beneficiary's Bank Details:
- Bank Name: Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited.
- Branch Name: Beneficiary's Branch name
- Address: 333 Silom Road Bangkok 10500.
- SWIFT Code: BKKBTHBK

Our charge to the beneficiary's account is only 0.25 percent from the remittance amount (min THB200.- and max THB500.-).

For more information, please contact us at Bualuang Phone Tel. 1333 or 0-2645-5555 press 2-0 or send a message to us via Bank Mail.

Yours sincerely,
Bualuang iBanking