Flying from BKk to LHR Businessclass with Qatar

Franky Bear

I am booked up to fly from Bkk to Heathrow then up to Glasgow with businessclass with Qatar airlines. It's my first time with them on businessclass and also my first time through the new Doha Airport. Has anyone else flown this route recently?

I also need to transfer from Terminal 4 to 5 at Heathrow, i have roughly 2:10 mins to transfer, that's more than enough right?

Plenty of time, everything about QatarAirlines plane,services,Doha airport, duty free is 5Stars smile.png

just love spending money at their dutyfree

I flew normal class with them many times through the old airport. No complaints. I want the new Iphone, do you reckon i will get a better deal in Doha duty free than in Thailand or the UK?

As said Qatar business class is one of the best out there.....as to the Iphone all I can say is shove your head in a bucket of ice cold water.

There....that's better isn't it....I just saved you several hundred quid....now don't make a habit of it! tongue.png

• Like 1

As said Qatar business class is one of the best out there.....as to the Iphone all I can say is shove your head in a bucket of ice cold water.

There....that's better isn't it....I just saved you several hundred quid....now don't make a habit of it! tongue.png

I was hoping this would be a post with no snide remarks....hopefully one day TV will have a post with out the trolls....one day

Edited by Franky Bear

I was hoping this would be a post with no snide remarks....hopefully one day TV will have a post with out the trolls....one day

I was being totally honest Franky....anyway enjoy your flight. thumbsup.gif

Edit: Just to say....you could try asking Chicog on the footy forum...I think he is in the cloud......and the sandpit.

Edited by smokie36

There is always one troll on every thread.

You can't go wrong with QR business or an iPhone mate. Enjoy

I say that Smokie's comment involving an ice bucket is spot on especially when it involves an iphone or any other smart phone for that matter. What makes the introduction of a new smart phone and the ridiculous price tag cause such a stir. More money than sense or maybe something else?

• Like 2

No such thing as duty free. Prices are still marked up excessively in airports, and exceed in many cases UK high street prices. The sweet innocence of a traveller bent on spending his hard earned cash. Up to you.

• Like 1

Cheers mate.

I've flown all other ME airlines business class, and tbh there isn't much between them. QA was about 20,000 baht cheaper than Emirates and good arrival time in Glasgow. I'll check the iphone prices in UK before i travel.

Thanks

No such thing as duty free. Prices are still marked up excessively in airports, and exceed in many cases UK high street prices. The sweet innocence of a traveller bent on spending his hard earned cash. Up to you.

Your life must be horrific

• Like 1

Trams I have a window seat booked. I'll be out like a light with Xanax

I did too, but when you need a peee, you need a peee......smile.png

The second time I booked an isle seat, nooooooooooo probs....thumbsup.gif

Edited by transam

I'll be fine. I am not a drinker on flights. I don't mean to sound an A-hole but I fly long haul at least twice a month for the last 10 years so I am very set in my ays when I travel.

I will pee as soon as I get on. Have my IPad and own ear phones stowed in a pocket in the seat. Get the belt on, swallow a Xanax. Take off, as soon as I can I'll have th seat flat. Next thing I know we'll be approaching Doha :)

I went business once with them. Seat and food OK, but didn't like climbing over the bloke asleep next to me. Didn't much like getting off the plane at Doha at night. Would rather book a direct night flight and sleep..

Agree that the seat configuration in QR business class is not ideal. I used to use them regularly between Cairo and Bkk as well as Cairo/India.

Now tend to stick with Etihad as the single seats give greater freedom as well as allowing for much easier pit stops! Or maybe I'm just anti-social!

• Like 1

I went business once with them. Seat and food OK, but didn't like climbing over the bloke asleep next to me. Didn't much like getting off the plane at Doha at night. Would rather book a direct night flight and sleep..

Agree that the seat configuration in QR business class is not ideal. I used to use them regularly between Cairo and Bkk as well as Cairo/India.

Now tend to stick with Etihad as the single seats give greater freedom as well as allowing for much easier pit stops! Or maybe I'm just anti-social!

I know what you mean gents. The price and times suited me perfectly so not too fussed.

If you aren't interested in any of the amenities of business class, why not just fly business with BA and avoid the tedious stopover in the Middle East altogether? BA's prices are usually about the same, or sometimes cheaper.

I pay for my own tickets and so I am looking for good value, and this makes me choose airlines that dont fly direct and who charge a lot less than either BA or Qatar. But even so I enjoy the business class flight and I enjoy drinking free champagne whilst listening to an audio-book on my (non-Apple) tablet on a comfy reclined seat.

But if someone else was paying and I just wanted to get where I was going then it would be BA every time, for the non-stop flight.

• Like 1

If you aren't interested in any of the amenities of business class, why not just fly business with BA and avoid the tedious stopover in the Middle East altogether? BA's prices are usually about the same, or sometimes cheaper.

I pay for my own tickets and so I am looking for good value, and this makes me choose airlines that dont fly direct and who charge a lot less than either BA or Qatar. But even so I enjoy the business class flight and I enjoy drinking free champagne whilst listening to an audio-book on my (non-Apple) tablet on a comfy reclined seat.

But if someone else was paying and I just wanted to get where I was going then it would be BA every time, for the non-stop flight.

Too many problems in the past with BA long haul and they were more expensive on that route and I'd arrive in Glasgow at 10 in the evening.

I travel as much as anyone on here long haul so more than aware of how to fly thanks [emoji106]

837 and 007

They're both B777s - pretty decent 2-2-2 layouts and quite spacious compared to the likes of BA's herringbone. Personally, I always opt for an aisle seat on QR's B777s and A330s. The two transfers would piss me off though ... I'd probably choose to fly to Edinburgh on QR and give the Heathrow 'experience' a miss.

Cheers mate.

I've flown all other ME airlines business class, and tbh there isn't much between them. QA was about 20,000 baht cheaper than Emirates and good arrival time in Glasgow. I'll check the iphone prices in UK before i travel.

Thanks

Hope you have a great flight Franky. I reckon Qatar are much better in business class than Etihad, followed by Emirates then Gulf. But it's all down to personal choice. I think Qatar have better seats and layout, better food choice and a fantastic wine selection.

The worse bit will be Heathrow!

Safe trip.

Cheers mate.

Thanks

Hope you have a great flight Franky. I reckon Qatar are much better in business class than Etihad, followed by Emirates then Gulf. But it's all down to personal choice. I think Qatar have better seats and layout, better food choice and a fantastic wine selection.

Safe trip.

As weird as this may sound to many......I have never had a problem in Heathrow itself. Getting there from Central London is a ball breaker but FiFo has never been a problem. Or once I am in the compound

Cheers mate.

Thanks

Safe trip.

Cheers mate. Never had a problem with LHR myself. As I have said I'll be asleep with in an hour of take off