PEA contractor takes easy way around power-pole problem in Jomtien

Rimmer

PEA contractor takes easy way around power-pole problem in Jomtien

n2Electric-1.jpg
PATTAYA:--When drainage pipes made installation of utility poles in Jomtien Beach complicated, Provincial Electrical Authority workers decided to take the easy way around the problem by just putting the poles in the middle of the sidewalk.

Top PEA officials said they were never consulted by an outside contractor sent to Jomtien Second Road to install 40 poles along the 7.5-kilometer roadway. Drainage pipes on both sides of the street blocked workers from installing the poles in the normal location. So they simply dug up the sidewalk and planted them were they’d be obstacles to pedestrians and bicyclists.

Full story:http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/pea-contractor-takes-easy-way-around-power-pole-problem-in-jomtien-41802

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2014-10-10 footer_n.gif

Yeah, light poles for a stretch of road that dead ends at Sukumvit, that was obviously built only to increase the land prices along that section of the "new" Second road, along with ruining one of the last remaining sections of wet lands in Pattaya

How could anything possibly go wrong with a well thought out plan like that thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

I used to enjoy a quite drive through there & on towards NaJomtien with those wetlands either side with all sorts of bird life & the odd local fishing.

It's a true crime against that enviroment to see those empty monstrous blocks there with more planned.

I see the Cambodians workers fishing there now amoungst the rubbish that has been dumped in the little bits of the wetlands that remain & I feel truely saddened.

I used to enjoy a quite drive through there & on towards NaJomtien with those wetlands either side with all sorts of bird life & the odd local fishing.

It's a true crime against that enviroment to see those empty monstrous blocks there with more planned.

I see the Cambodians workers fishing there now amoungst the rubbish that has been dumped in the little bits of the wetlands that remain & I feel truely saddened.

Yeah I used take my daughter with me for a drive through there when she was 5 or 6. She got all excited to see a horse or cow or elephant.

Sad to see it go.....

I wonder if the contractors ever get engineer's drawing and specifications when the are given these jobs or is it just a address scribbled on the back of the envelope that contained the money that changed hands. Rhetorical question - we all know the answer.

They did !

Sent from my V370 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Is that in Sukhumvit Road in Pattaya ?

If so ,Pattaya Municipal Council does it again.

The photos are from where Jomtien second road meets Sukhumvit road, when it first opened for use.

After a while the poles where removed.

Sent from my V370 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by johng
  • Like 1