Ladyboy Robbed At Knife Point

bulzit

Police were called to the front of Soi 13 on Pattaya Beach Road in the early hours of Saturday Morning by a transsexual, Khun Sompot aged 22. He claimed that he had been assaulted and robbed at knife point. At the scene, the visibly shaken Khun Sompot explained that he was using an ATM when a Thai man approached from behind and placed a knife in his side. He demanded he withdraw all the cash from his account. In fear of his life, Khun Sompot withdrew 50,000 Baht in cash. He was then led to a nearby construction site where a further three men proceeded to strip the victim of all his valuables which included a mobile phone and a further amount of cash. The men fled the scene leaving Khun Sompot to count the cost of his visit to the ATM machine. A Police report was later made at Pattaya Police Station however descriptions of the men were vague. Despite this Police are investigating and will attempt to locate the attackers.

What's Pattaya coming to when they openly rob LB'S?

"Pattaya City News"

Edited by bulzit

Bulzit

Sad if this is true - but I'm very suprised that he/she had a 50k limit on his/her ATM :o

Johnb

Yes, my 'farang' limit is 20K per day: and a special application would have been needed to increase it.

I am not surprised that a ladyman was robbed 'in the early' hours. I would not use an ATM in the 'early hours' plus robberies/muggings are common at that time. (Even my local motorcycle taxi driver was mugged!)

I would hope that the victim might remember the faces and check with mugshots at the police station.

There are many desperate Thai men now, deeply in debt after world cup gambling, if they don't mug some easy target, they will get knee-capped. Plus there are the drug users, who are desperate.

I say more CCTV's.........What do you think?

Bulzit

Sad if this is true - but I'm very suprised that he/she had a 50k limit on his/her ATM :D

Johnb

Yes, my 'farang' limit is 20K per day: and a special application would have been needed to increase it.

I am not surprised that a ladyman was robbed 'in the early' hours. I would not use an ATM in the 'early hours' plus robberies/muggings are common at that time. (Even my local motorcycle taxi driver was mugged!)

I would hope that the victim might remember the faces and check with mugshots at the police station.

There are many desperate Thai men now, deeply in debt after world cup gambling, if they don't mug some easy target, they will get knee-capped. Plus there are the drug users, who are desperate.

I say more CCTV's.........What do you think?

CCTV's??? You're up for a long and relaxing waiting time...but maybe that police helicopter might have spotted something :o:D

Bulzit

Sad if this is true - but I'm very suprised that he/she had a 50k limit on his/her ATM :o

Johnb

Probably depends on the bank.

My Kbank daily limit was always 100K, but a few months ago when I opened a new account it was set at 50K. A simple phone call could increase that to 100K.