How did you find your staff

Find people who are related to someone else with who you have business so that it is not just themselves that are affected if they perform badly - got my maid through my caddy at the golf club and the gardner through the maid - no problems for years.

My suggestion would be do it yourself.

As of 2012, the Thailand automotive industry was the largest in Southeast Asia and the 9th largest in the World. The Thailand industry has an annual output of near 1.5 million vehicles, more than countries such as Belgium, the United Kingdom, Italy, Czech Republic, and Turkey. That would be quite a chore to do yourself eh?

I'm not sure anymore if this is a serious post....either that or I'm missing something. When it was suggested you and your wife do the work yourselves seeing as you cannot find suitable staff. your reply is to quote facts and figures about the car industry......what's the connection?

Stop trying to hire pairs. Hire them as individuals.

It is invariably a good idea to get a Thai person to supervise a Thai person. Your wife or someone you can trust to oversee the Thai workers.

Some recommend to hire women who are past the usual child-bearing age. I don't think that this is meant in a discriminatory way but it stops the unwanted male attention and women in the post menopause are often good workers.

Use the expat network, if it exists in your area. As people die off or move back to Falangland, pick up their staff.

Unless you find a real exception, never hire a man. No matter what age.

. I don't think that this is meant in a discriminatory way but never hire a man. No matter what age.????

Unless you find a real exception

As time goes on I find that in addition to providing a fun atmosphere to work in, paying well works very well.

Somewhere around 15,000+ per month outside of Bangkok. Inside Bangkok 20,000+

Typically, you can't work for less than the above amounts in Thailand with a family and have enough money for a good life.

Carefully screening

Probation period.

You are paying double the rate and that is why people like you make it hard for others to find laborers. If you can afford those rates you probably pay a driver as well. How many staff do you have and do they spy on you and steal from you?

As time goes on I find that in addition to providing a fun atmosphere to work in, paying well works very well.

Typically, you can't work for less than the above amounts in Thailand with a family and have enough money for a good life.

Carefully screening

Probation period.

You are paying double the rate and that is why people like you make it hard for others to find laborers. If you can afford those rates you probably pay a driver as well. How many staff do you have and do they spy on you and steal from you?

Just to add that labor = 6000-7000 per month, bachelor degree= 17,000 & master degree= 28000 per month

'' we even asked him to dump her and stay on''

I wouldn't want to work for you.

he dumped her he knew she was no good when he found out about "the other mans baby shed had"

Seems you know nothing.........to be expected

Find people who are related to someone else with who you have business so that it is not just themselves that are affected if they perform badly - got my maid through my caddy at the golf club and the gardner through the maid - no problems for years.

ask them if they have two friends who dont mind living 25km past Hua Hin..........seriously

Carefully screening

Probation period.

Just to add that labor = 6000-7000 per month, bachelor degree= 17,000 & master degree= 28000 per month

Most Myanmar/Hill Tribe People are now looking for 8k each a month but some still ask for 7k, also you have to include usually free accommodation free rice.

Thais just wont do this work round here, had an advert on the front of the land for over a month and not one call.

Put the word out to the local community and put a sign on your gate in Thai, quite often you will have someone apply and normally know someone else.

It's not like 10 + years ago when there was plenty Thai labour and wanted to work.Now they just want a high salary and take it easy.Now I only use Burmese.

Carefully screening

Probation period.

1) Please reread my post a key point is that with a family you simply can't live well with 9,000 baht as a salary - so there is little incentive to stay for a long time, and you can't recruit the best - this is business 101... Also it is not morally right - for me - everyone has their own lifestyle and beliefs.

2) Yes, I have a driver and he can speak some English and is cheerful and always wants to help and is reliable - he will get a nice year end bonus.

3) Once I had a gardener borrow money to buy a scooter he did not finish paying back the money and vanished one day - so if that counts as theft then there was that one time, at that time I paid about 10,000 per month. Note I am not retired and very busy 7 days a week so a good driver is important to me.

4) No spying as the staff tend to eat or talk non-stop or sleep during break times - also I can't think what would be interesting to spy on.

5) We have a business so a number of staff doing different jobs all live off-site. So only sometimes do we give out free rice but we do give out lots of fruit from our land and have parties inviting their family.

Carefully screening

Probation period.

Most Myanmar/Hill Tribe People are now looking for 8k each a month but some still ask for 7k, also you have to include usually free accommodation free rice.

Thais just wont do this work round here, had an advert on the front of the land for over a month and not one call.

Actually, everyone we hire have Thai nationality - none from Burma. Some have a family background from the mountains but I don't know why that should matter.

Free accommodation and food have a value so is a good thing to do. so perhaps you are paying 10,000 per month after factoring in the food and cottage etc.

Why not pay 15,000 (in the countryside) plus social security and a bonus and good working conditions? You might find someone who stays for 20 years and does not steal etc.. I know that for us the time we save by not having to keep hiring and training plus better performance make it a bargain to pay above market salaries.

Someone mentioned hotels getting the best staff - why not hire their staff and pay more?