Soi 8

ryro88

Dont know what you mean by, "is there much happening"

Been to Pattaya twice in the last month, dead is the adjective I would use.

I know soi 8 very well, after getting off a baht bus on second rd and walking down the soi, full of bars with no customers.

Popped into a personal favourite of mine, Sailor Bar, a few couples in, mostly eating.

Then down to We Are The World bar, another favourite, lets just say I have seen it busier.

There were still a few Russian types mainly couples walking around, didnt see too many Arabs, Indians or Chinese tourists.

Soi BK and LK appeared to be busier, probably coz thats where the local expats I know tend to go drinking.

As for WS, cant comment havent set foot in a bar there in years.

• Like 1

I was down there the other night for the first time.

After hearing about the famous Soi 8 (and 7) "traditionally the cheep, fun and naughty soi" or so I was told. surprised to find a handful of bars all empty not many girls and no customers to talk to.

Sat and had a couple of beers and then went home

For all the bad things people say about it and the ever increasing prices at least Waking Street still has people there.

I was down there the other night for the first time.

After hearing about the famous Soi 8 (and 7) "traditionally the cheep, fun and naughty soi" or so I was told. surprised to find a handful of bars all empty not many girls and no customers to talk to.

Sat and had a couple of beers and then went home

For all the bad things people say about it and the ever increasing prices at least Waking Street still has people there.

Was in Patty last week. Very quiet, except for "walking street".

Pattaya stands and falls with the "Punters" from Europe/USA. So the quality of service, provided by the "hostesses" is the pillar of it all. While other prices have remained fairly stable, the price of "hostess-sevices" have risen substantially over a relatively short period of time, while at the same time the quality of service has declined.

A sure-fire way to kill the Goose that lays the golden eggs.

Nevermind. I am happy to read, that the TAT is making great efforts to fill the void by recruiting from outside (western)-Europe / USA, a new generation of "Punters" that will keep the place going.

Cheers.

To know the difference between busy and quiet you hyave to be here for 15 year or more. During that time Soi 8 had at least 3 times the amount of bars it has today, and it was a struggle to pass through on a moped.

Today you drive through it with a tourist bus at high speed and you don't have to worry about hitting any pedestrians.

To know the difference between busy and quiet you hyave to be here for 15 year or more. During that time Soi 8 had at least 3 times the amount of bars it has today, and it was a struggle to pass through on a moped.

Today you drive through it with a tourist bus at high speed and you don't have to worry about hitting any pedestrians.

Spoken like a true Soi Yodsak regular. ( Soi 6 )

Edited by unclesiberia