Receiving Digital TV with HD Computer Monitor?

fire69water

So I've got an old 24" HD Dell computer monitor with composite video, s-video, dvi connections. I have a wall antenna outlet. What do I need to buy to receive at least the free-to-air Thai HD channels? Can I just get a DVB-T2 digital tv tuner (is this the same as a digital Tv setup box)? Yes, I would also need a pair of speakers. What else?

Can you confirm that the 'wall antenna outlet' is actually connected to an actual antenna? If you are in a condo you may need to ask a neighbor or management WHAT the cable delivers and if it works. Could be an amplified antenna signal, or a fixed channel rebroadcast system, or a C-Band / Ku-Band satellite signal feed.

But let's say it's an outdoor antenna capable of receiving the digital TV broadcasts.

You will need:

a DVB-T2 / Digital TV Set Top Box with Composite Video Out or S-Video Out, Stereo Audio L/R Out

an external amplifier and speakers ( Stereo Audio L/R In )

RCA/RCA L/R audio cable

RCA/RCA Composite Video cable

It's possible that you could use the DVI connector with an HDMI/DVI adapter, but the Digital TV Set Top Box might not recognize the 24" HD Dell computer monitor specs (resolution, video sync rate, etc, etc)

• Like 1

I have the Analog version of that, a USB stick tuner for the 'puter. Though using it is just not the same as siting my ass down on the couch and pushing buttons on a remote.

Years ago in the US I had a Multi-Tuner Ethernet Network Interface that could receive multiple program streams directly off Cable TV that my media server autorecorded. That was fun, until the cable company encrypted all but 6 basic channels.