Xbox 360 Copy Games Now Available!

richb2004

I have been toying with the idea of buying a 360 for a while now. The copy games are now available at 400 Baht. Should I give in and buy one? One thing that I am not sure of is if the old Xbox games will play on the 360? It seems that only some Xbox games will playon it. The machine is priced at 18500 Bath for the chipped unit with a wireless controller and headphones. What are your experiences with the 360?

I have been toying with the idea of buying a 360 for a while now. The copy games are now available at 400 Baht. Should I give in and buy one? One thing that I am not sure of is if the old Xbox games will play on the 360? It seems that only some Xbox games will playon it. The machine is priced at 18500 Bath for the chipped unit with a wireless controller and headphones. What are your experiences with the 360?

Were can you get the copy games? I love my 360 but the games are expensive. A great way to kill some time. My machine isnt chipped, can I buy the chipps too? what does the chip do??

Thanks

Have heard about these copies, it flashes the bios of the dvd drive

With the original Xbox, the copied games would not be playable online

Is this the case with the copied games? If so I will not bother getting my 360 chipped as more than half my playing time is spent in online matches

Were can you get the copy games? I love my 360 but the games are expensive. A great way to kill some time. My machine isnt chipped, can I buy the chipps too? what does the chip do??

Thanks

You can only backup games on a dual layer DVD-R, game region must be the same as the xbox 360 region. No need for a modchip if you do the DVD player firmware flashing by yourself, plenty tutorials on the net.

Firmware flashing is possible for Hitachi-LG GDR-3120L and for the Toshiba-Samsung TS-H943 Xbox 360 DVD drive but not possible if you have a Philips DVD drive.

A modchip for the Xbox 360 is the NME 360 $42 wich patches the firmware of the DVD drive so you don't need to change the original firmware in the DVD player and is available for the LG drive or the Toshiba-Samsung drive.

Another is the Globe 360 53$ and is usable for both drives.

Already patched DVD drives are also available for around 70$.

If M$ can detect patched firmware in the future, the modchips have a sleepmode so playing Xbox Live is possible without being blacklisted.

Another thing, yesterday I connected for the first time Xbox live with my 'old" xbox and found out that creating an account in Thailand was not possible, it was not suported in this region.

Thanks

You can only backup games on a dual layer DVD-R, game region must be the same as the xbox 360 region. No need for a modchip if you do the DVD player firmware flashing by yourself, plenty tutorials on the net.

Firmware flashing is possible for Hitachi-LG GDR-3120L and for the Toshiba-Samsung TS-H943 Xbox 360 DVD drive but not possible if you have a Philips DVD drive.

A modchip for the Xbox 360 is the NME 360 $42 wich patches the firmware of the DVD drive so you don't need to change the original firmware in the DVD player and is available for the LG drive or the Toshiba-Samsung drive.

Another is the Globe 360 53$ and is usable for both drives.

Already patched DVD drives are also available for around 70$.

If M$ can detect patched firmware in the future, the modchips have a sleepmode so playing Xbox Live is possible without being blacklisted.

Another thing, yesterday I connected for the first time Xbox live with my 'old" xbox and found out that creating an account in Thailand was not possible, it was not suported in this region.

So If someone flashed the firmware they could play the copy games???

Sorry, I don't know the details. My local gaming store offers the 360 ready to play copy games at 18500Baht, and sells the games for 400 Baht. I don't know how they do it. When I was in the shop there was a customers machine being modified. The machine had originaly been purchased in UK.

I am going to MBK in Bangkok tomorrow. This seems to be the place for all things gaming as far as I know. I will enquire there to find out more.