Island Restaurant Owner gunned down in South Pattaya

webfact

Island Restaurant Owner gunned down in South Pattaya

murder-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Police were called to South Pattaya on Monday evening to deal with the murder of a Restaurant Owner from Larn Island.

Khun Chalor aged 51, the owner of the Chalor Seafood Restaurant on Samae Beach, sustained a gunshot wound to the head which resulted in his death as his wife looked on in horror.

The incident occurred as the pair parked their pick-up truck close to the Bali Hai Pier after spending the day in Pattaya. As the pair exited the vehicle a Thai man, described as “overweight”, pulled up beside the pair and produced a gun. Two shots were fired with the first shot hitting the victim in the side of his head.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/152111/island-restaurant-owner-gunned-down-in-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-10-28

Im sure this was not accidental, probably a business deal that went wrong and loss of face etc. Thais do like to carry weapons and use it

If I had to guess, I would say , business bery slow, money borrowed and not repaid.

I am afraid there might be more of those as business still slow and no light in the end of the tunnel . Shop next to me closed down and daily have rather unpleasant looking " gentleman " coming around to find the owners.

Even offered rather large sum to call the number if owner appears in the shop

Seems the Bali Hai Pier has an unusual number of killings and other violent incidents, even for Pattaya. You would think that a real police presence there might make the area a little safer.

Police don't want to go anywhere that are crime spots. They might get injured!

Seems the Bali Hai Pier has an unusual number of killings and other violent incidents, even for Pattaya. You would think that a real police presence there might make the area a little safer.

Police don't want to go anywhere that are crime spots. They might get injured!

I disagree, how else do you think they can get grisly photos for their facebook pages?

OK - laugh if you must, but here goes ....

Farewelled my longtime drinking buddy 'Nok' yesterday - she's back in BKK looking after her kid. Her mother, sister and daughter all came to town last week intent on seeing the sights - her mother was particularly keen on a trip to Koh Larn but the weather refused to play ball. When I asked Nok if her mother ever got to the island she replied that her grandmother had warned her off the trip, saying something 'very bad' would happen. My assumption was that she was concerned about the whole family ending up in the ocean, but Nok just repeated the 'very bad' warning. Between the weather and the warning, they didn't leave the Pattaya shoreline.

OK - not hard to predict 'very bad' outcomes for someone in Pattaya on a weekly basis, but this was specific to Koh Larn. I wonder if the old girl has any lottery numbers she'd like to share with her family and their Farang friend :D

Latest Update Of Businessman Shot Dead In Pattaya

The latest update of the case where a business man was shot dead in a car park in Bali Hai pier is that the police believe he was killed due to a business conflict.

PATTAYA– Recently [Pattaya Daily News]; regarding the case that a Mr.Chalor Tedtong aged 51 a business man who was the Chalor Seafood restaurant’s owner who had been shot dead. He was shot dead in a car park in South Pattaya near Bali Hai pier on 27th of October. Initially the police expected that it might be about a business conflict, personal issue or girl problem.

On the 28th of October Pol.Col.Suppatee Boonkrong revealed that the police officers had intensified their investigation and questioned 6 witnesses

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/latest-update-businessman-shot-dead-pattaya/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-10-29