Which CM hospital for colonscopy?

giibaht

At Ram you get excellent digital copy of the taken pictures as well as print out in good quality. At Rajavej you get a print out unless they have changed lately. English communication is better at Ram >Stiphat> Rajavej if that matters. Equipment Ram=Sripaht > Rajavej. No experience with Bangkok chiangmai yet.

You get an excellent digital copy ? And what use is this to you? Perhaps emailed to friends and family ?

Certain condition like ulcerative colitis , Crohn's disease, tropical sprue, polyps or even diverticulosis needed a frequent follow up colonoscopy thus having a digital copy or a print out pictures is crucial for future comparison to evaluate dr's treatment and so on. Using self experiences to judge others isn't make you a better person I am afraid.

At Ram you get excellent digital copy of the taken pictures as well as print out in good quality. At Rajavej you get a print out unless they have changed lately. English communication is better at Ram >Stiphat> Rajavej if that matters. Equipment Ram=Sripaht > Rajavej. No experience with Bangkok chiangmai yet.

You get an excellent digital copy ? And what use is this to you? Perhaps emailed to friends and family ?

Certain condition like ulcerative colitis , Crohn's disease, tropical sprue, polyps or even diverticulosis needed a frequent follow up colonoscopy thus having a digital copy or a print out pictures is crucial for future comparison to evaluate dr's treatment and so on. Using self experiences to judge others isn't make you a better person I am afraid.

Does not the doctor keep a file of them?

Yes they do apparently, but what happens if you are international traveller-move around several states / provinces/countries? If you unfortunately need another endoscopist to look at the same issue at different institution? Having your own medical record, at least lab work and imaging, is always do you good in my opinion.

• Like 1

Search "colonoscopy frequency guidelines". US, Canadian, German, and more studies recommend at least a ten year interval between screenings for people who test negatively.

I went back to Rajavej not remembering it had just been four years since the last one. The doctor asked me why I wanted it and gently told me to go away. smile.png