Most Foreign Leaders Agree

Thaiquila

Much has been made about Kerry's comment about foreign leaders supporting him versus Bush. Well, it appears that it is true. Does that make any difference to you?

Richard C. Holbrooke, President Bill Clinton's delegate to the United Nations, told Jodi Wilgoren of the New York Times: "It's so obviously the truth what Kerry said, and the Republicans are just having fun with it -- everybody knows it's true. . . . In the last six or seven months, I've been in Africa, the Middle East, Asia and Europe. I've met with leaders in all of those regions, and they have overwhelmingly -- not unanimously but overwhelmingly -- said that they hope that there's a change in leadership."

No, you!  :o

It's always hard to tell, to be sure, but thank you for your concern. I am glad to hear that you are not mentally challenged. However, I am always comforted when I think that in America, even a simple minded person who clearly hasn't read a book in decades can become leader of the free world. And when I also consider that I wouldn't ever vote for such a man, that is also comforting.

Often there is wisdom to be had from the opinions of peoples in different countries.

To wit:

"Majorities in Germany, Turkey and France -- and half of the British and Russians -- believe the conflict in Iraq undermined the war on terrorism," the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press said in a summary of the findings. "At least half the respondents in the eight other countries view the U.S. as less trustworthy as a consequence of the war."

The results of the survey, which was conducted from Feb. 19 to March 3 in nine nations, appear likely to fuel debate in the U.S. presidential campaign. The Bush administration has challenged the presumptive Democratic nominee, Sen. John F. Kerry of Massachusetts, on his assertion last week that foreign leaders want him to defeat Bush in the November election.

The Pew survey found that "large majorities in every country, except for the U.S., hold an unfavorable opinion of Bush." The survey was carried out in Britain, France, Germany, Russia, Turkey, Pakistan, Jordan and Morocco, in addition to the United States. It has a margin of error ranging from 3.5 percent to 5 percent.

Oh Thaiquila, you are SO clever, so witty.. yawn...

...and you never tire of beating your anti-Bush drum. With the world, more and more, going up in flames--in Jakarta, in Madrid--you never focus on the real bad guys. The people who would gladly slit your American throat. The people who dispise you solely because you were born (or claim to be born) an American AND--AND--a JEW!! Whoa.... what a combination they'd love to get ahold of there!! (Remember Daniel Pearl)??

Yeah, you are so apparently confident that the terrorists will come to the negotiating table, that we can somehow find what they want, somehow appease them, somehow make them happy. You are so confident in your thinking that "all we have to do is get rid of Bush"... and you are SO COMPLETELY WRONG, my misguided friend.

The terrorists WANT YOU DEAD. Got it?? The terrorists want to DESTROY WESTERN SOCIETY. Understand? The terrorists want an ENTIRE PLANET FOR ALLAH. And if you disagree--then you DIE.

So WAKE UP Thaiqila! And all the others out there who are not focussing on the real issue. America is NOT the bad guy. Even Bush, with his flaws, is NOT THE BAD GUY. Don't be so naive as to think you can negotiate with OBL. He wants you dead and your throat slit.

Oh Thaiquila, you are SO clever, so witty.. yawn...

...and you never tire of beating your anti-Bush drum.  With the world, more and more, going up in flames--in Jakarta, in Madrid--you never focus on the real bad guys.  The people who would gladly slit your American throat.  The people who dispise you solely because you were born (or claim to be born) an American AND--AND--a JEW!!  Whoa.... what a combination they'd love to get ahold of there!!  (Remember Daniel Pearl)??

Yeah, you are so apparently confident that the terrorists will come to the negotiating table, that we can somehow find what they want, somehow appease them, somehow make them happy.  You are so confident in your thinking that "all we have to do is get rid of Bush"... and you are SO COMPLETELY WRONG, my misguided friend.

The terrorists WANT YOU DEAD.  Got it??  The terrorists want to DESTROY WESTERN SOCIETY.  Understand?  The terrorists want an ENTIRE PLANET FOR ALLAH.  And if you disagree--then you DIE.

So WAKE UP Thaiqila!  And all the others out there who are not focussing on the real issue.  America is NOT the bad guy.  Even Bush, with his flaws, is NOT THE BAD GUY.  Don't be so naive as to think you can negotiate with OBL.  He wants you dead and your throat slit.

Some people need to see the world in black and white and follow a leader that panders to such simple mindedness.

Bin Laden and the thousands of terrorist leaders who can and will take his place are the bad guys, I agree.

Bush is ALSO the bad guy.

The US needs a president who will BOTH focus on fighting international terrorism AND take care of US domestic concerns: health care, jobs, and turning back some of the outrageous civil rights abuses in the "patriot" act.

Bush really blew it going to Iraq. He should have focused on Al Queda. He deserves to be booted out.

Much has been made about Kerry's comment about foreign leaders supporting him versus Bush. Well, it appears that it is true. Does that make any difference to you?

Richard C. Holbrooke, President Bill Clinton's delegate to the United Nations, told Jodi Wilgoren of the New York Times: "It's so obviously the truth what Kerry said, and the Republicans are just having fun with it -- everybody knows it's true. . . . In the last six or seven months, I've been in Africa, the Middle East, Asia and Europe. I've met with leaders in all of those regions, and they have overwhelmingly -- not unanimously but overwhelmingly -- said that they hope that there's a change in leadership."

It's enlightening to see that some people can not even get close to Bush’s intelligence; the stupidity of this post beats all previous posts. I assumed that logical thinking skills are prerequisites when one wants to post in a political forum, posts about unspecified foreign leaders who ‘overwhelmingly said...’ do not confirm my assumption.

Dutchy

PS I am not a Bush fan but disrespect stupidity even more....

It's enlightening to see that some people can not even get close to Bush’s intelligence; the stupidity of this post beats all previous posts. I assumed that logical thinking skills are prerequisites when one wants to post in a political forum, posts about unspecified foreign leaders who ‘overwhelmingly said...’ do not confirm my assumption.

Dutchy

If this post has such a strong ignorace effect on you, stay away from posts by the clown calling himself, "the gentleman". He is the leader of the America-bashers, and could never get this logical in a million years. Thaiquila is only one of his disciples. :o

Dutchy

Your post is completely illogical. The quote speaks for itself. Be clear that the names of the foreign leaders will NOT be mentioned by anyone for obvious political reasons.

I don't get your objection to the wording in the post. If you are so intelligent, please clarify what the *^(*^(*^ you are talking about. Note that the text you are criticizing (the quotes from Mr. Holbrooker) was written by a professional journalist.

Methinks you just do not like the MESSAGE of the post and are grasping at straws.

...the stupidity of this post beats all previous posts. I assumed that logical thinking skills are prerequisites when one wants to post in a political forum, posts about unspecified foreign leaders who ‘overwhelmingly said...’ do not confirm my assumption.

Dutchy

Dutchy thinks that anyone with half a brain would be giggling so hard at this sentence, "posts about unspecified foreign leaders who ‘overwhelmingly said...", that they would never dare to post this on a public forum. :o

You know, Judas thought that he was a good guy, and much more clever than everyone else too. Jesus was spending too much money on balms, frankincense and suntan oil, while the poor were going hungry. He was hanging around with whores. He was a right-wing Zionist. He wasn't all that bright either.

Judas just thought that perhaps a little scare, a word in the right ear might help rectify the situation...

Dutchy

Dutchy,

Guess we're not all that "High-Falutin" enough for you in this forum?

It's called the Bear Pit 'cause we ain't real pretentious around here. But, we do know some sh1t. chew..spit, spit... :o