diving boards at the stadium

thaivisa63

Hello

Today I went to the stadium swimming pool with the diving boards but they said I can't use them. I told them I'm used to diving boards, I know how to jump, I practised diving from high boards a lot but they didn't want to know, they said with authority NO YOU CAN'T too many accidents... It seems obvious to me that it's dangerous to thai people as most of them don't even learn how to swim but if I tell them I know what I'm doing it doesnt make any difference.

Are you people able to use those boards ?

The Thai kids use them unsafely all the time, and no one says anything. This seems to happen in spite of the large sign on them that says in Thai and "perfect Thai English" ........ "Don't Jumping."

I've noticed the concrete pedestals on two are falling away, and no way to tell how bad of condition the others are. But listen to the staff - the lifeguards who don't go near the pool - if you can pry them away from Facebook, Line, Thai TV, and their laptops.

Along canal road I see kids jumping all the time.

This spot is just south Huay Tung Thao and North of 700 year complex.

That water will probably boost the immune system if it doesn't pummel you first.

Probably good to practice shallow water landings for those future motorbike crashes into canals, moats or just big puddles.

post-27132-0-82257400-1414835055_thumb.j

Or who can forget the ever popular Chiang Mai Grand Canyon for cliff diving.

http://f.ptcdn.info/146/005/000/1368529139-2013051110-o.jpg

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

How can they be unsafe if I know how to jump I don't get it ? It the water not deep enough ? are those concrete boards about to collapse if I climb up ??

I know the canyon but got bored a little bit by having to swim, climb and walk barefoot on rocks so much for every jump. But defenetly a very nice spot. Do you know if there are other spots similar to the canyon here or near Chiang Mai ?

Edited by thaivisa63

How can they be unsafe if I know how to jump I don't get it ? It the water not deep enough ? are those concrete boards about to collapse if I climb up ??

I know the canyon but got bored a little bit by having to swim, climb and walk barefoot on rocks so much for every jump. But defenetly a very nice spot. Do you know if there are other spots similar to the canyon here or near Chiang Mai ?

Because Thailand is the hub of unsafe contraptions.