get-iplayer got a bit more difficult to use

Digitalbanana

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I too just download radio shows. If I choose a show on the Web PVR not all of the latest shows (within past 24 hours or more) are displayed, sometimes just older ones.

I don't have that problem with the command line prompt.

I usually just download from Radio 3 or Radio 6, so not sure on others.

Yes, it was blank but if I changed it to zero made no difference. For e.g. if I select a radio program such as http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00c72y1 which is currently only a few hours old, the web PVR doesn't list it, but lists the older versions (previous day plus older). The command line version however has it listed and can download it.

Note- back to original profile ID (from that above) as using another computer to answer, sorry for confusion.

Edited by Digitalbanana

I have the PVR hold-off set to 6 hours because I find that occasionally PIDs are in the cache but are not yet available to download for an hour or three, even via the iPlayer website. I've never actually tried to download them via the command line.

Running the PVR a couple of times a day with a 6-hour hold-off seems to do the trick for me. I'm not normally in much of a hurry to get the programmes as I always have many old ones still to listen to.

• Like 1