People actually let there wife control all the finances?

Ok so I was out a few nights ago talking to another expat and he was saying that he knows a few people that let there wives control all there money.

So its your money and you have to ask your wife if you can have beer money or gas money for your motorcycle?

This is the craziest thing ever I can't imagine anyone ever doing this.

This is like playing Russian roulette! Oh my God! Who does this?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only reason why i have a (Thai)wife is to avoid paying tax and to manage the wealth

Nothing like companionship, being together, building a life, possibly bringing up children, and dare I say love, hopdiggitty, I just said it!!!!

the only reason why i have a (Thai)wife is to avoid paying tax and to manage the wealth

Nothing like companionship, being together, building a life, possibly bringing up children, and dare I say love, hopdiggitty, I just said it!!!!
... real men dont need money - real men need love, companionship, children, music, beer...

Maybe the word trust is missing from your vocabulary.

Your right I wouldn't trust a woman with all my hard earned money.

I earned it why would I give up all my power to control my own finances.

If she has a falling out with me I have nothing doesn't seems like a smart decision.

I think i must be the only Man whos Thai wife has Money in the bank, land and a house In Thailand, and gold. all bought by herself working in the UK. She never asks for one penny/baht never has. so how can i not trust her, i would not have married her , trust is the basis of any relationship.

Op, there are lots of chaps like that here that need mummying. I find it all rather sad for these guys and for those that have to seek permission to go out, even though they are the breadwinner and their wives do nothing. These blokes need to grow up and grow a pair of bolllocks.

Edited by daveAustin

Op, there are lots of chaps like that here that need mummying. I find it all rather sad for these guys and for those that have to seek permission to go out, even though they are the breadwinner and their wives do nothing. These blokes need to grow up and grow a pair of bolllocks.

They did but the wife confiscated them and keeps them in her handbag.

How about instead of think of it as a permission seeking, think of it as a form of respect. Maybe they want to give their wife a respect and let the wife know where they are going so that the wife does not need to be worried. "Happy wife is a happy life."

Found it convenient to let her pay for the bills in Thailand. I keep a spreadsheet of upcoming bills, travel and purchase plans for the year. That money is sent directly to her account here. Our savings (emergency funds) remain in my home country..accessible only to me. We are not married, but lived together for 4 years.

I show her the spending plan for the upcoming month, and just ask for receipts for the rent, car payment, and utilities. Her allowance is tied in with the food money....so she shops wisely. As long as the money left in her account is the same as we predicted, I do not worry about things. Best part, all bills are paid during the first 3 days of the month.

This setup suits me fine, as it does her. She is able to show a steady income (from bank deposits), should she apply for a visa. Another thing...I have freedom. If I need to leave Thailand for more than a few months, there is no worry or argument about money or bills. It just carries on.

She gets a big smile on her face, when she is notified of a bank deposit. (Even the the majority of the money is for necessities). I think it is the feeling of security/control, or perhaps her "face" of going to the bank and having more then 400 baht in her account. For me, I do not stress out about the next month or two. There have been times, in the past, where I could not get hold of my money in the states for weeks. That is all being handled. And, should I wind up in a hospital, she can put some cash up front.

This might not work in every single relationship. It works fine for us. My girl was a manager at a Handbag/shoe outlet in bangkok, with several employees under her....and a Chinese boss micromanaging her purchases and receipts. I do not micromanage, but just insist that the bottom line match our plans.

Maybe the word trust is missing from your vocabulary.

Your right I wouldn't trust a woman with all my hard earned money.

I earned it why would I give up all my power to control my own finances.

If she has a falling out with me I have nothing doesn't seems like a smart decision.

I think i must be the only Man whos Thai wife has Money in the bank, land and a house In Thailand, and gold. all bought by herself working in the UK. She never asks for one penny/baht never has. so how can i not trust her, i would not have married her , trust is the basis of any relationship.

Nope, same same, she earns it I spend it ,she says " its her job to do this" my job to take care of the house and land.