Soymilk machine

sapalor

We have one. Wife bought it at Robinson Department Store in Chiang Mai. I'm sure they'd have them in BKK as well.

All automatic and does an excellent job.

Hi Torrens54, do you add some sweetener or extra flavor, or do you use only soy beans?

Thanks.

We have one. Wife bought it at Robinson Department Store in Chiang Mai. I'm sure they'd have them in BKK as well.

Hi Torrens54, do you add some sweetener or extra flavor, or do you use only soy beans?

Thanks.

Wow, interesting to make it yourself.

Just curious: why would you want to make it yourself?

Is it cheaper, tastier, less preservatives, what?

(i drink soy milk regularly, the sugar free one for 50 baht a liter, but would be interested in making my own if that would have additional benefits)

• Like 1

Thanks.

(i drink soy milk regularly, the sugar free one for 50 baht a liter, but would be interested in making my own if that would have additional benefits)

Which brand is sugar free ? having diabetes sure would be a goer for me. Sanitarium brand is up around 80 baht

Soak the soy beans in water until you can easily remove the outer skin (in cold water, rub the beans between your hands - you'll get the hang of it while doing so).

Place the skinned beans in a blender, add water and turn to high speed for about 3-4 minutes.

Pour the content in a sauce pan, bring to boil and simmer for about 10 - 15 minutes (careful for boil-overs).

Let it cool and place in a fridge, the milk should be okay to consume for about a week or so.

Soy beans are inexpensive, the more beans you are using the richer the taste.

Practice and you'll find the right bean/water ratio suitable to your taste.

I found the longer you blend and simmer the bean/water mixture the richer the taste!

Don't use sugar or chemical sweeteners!

Instead add over-ripe bananas (very mushy ones with dark-brown skin) and oats (or boiled kdney beans) in a blender for a hearty porridge. Add strawberries, blue berries or whatever for a great healthy breakfast. I'll add a shot of home-made coconut oil for extra taste and richness. (Inform yourself before concluding that coconut oil is detrimental to your health).

Good luck.

• Like 1

Thanks.

I buy organic soy beans to make mine. I have a soy milk maker that I purchased online through Aliexpress. It works quickly and makes delicious soy milk, almond milk, rice milk, bean milk, etc.

• Like 1

Thanks.

Which brand is sugar free ? having diabetes sure would be a goer for me. Sanitarium brand is up around 80 baht

I always buy the brand "Ohayo" which is available at Tops supermarket in the normal version and a "sugar free" version (with some blue on label).

• Like 1

I don't consume cow milk so I have 2 x 330ml of Vitomilk double black with breakfast or as a rushed breakfast on its own if I'm running late.

There is a lot of (potential) misinformation online making many claims that it is detrimental to your health, but these are often funded by the dairy industry.

One of the claims is that fermented soy (such as miso) is much healthier than unfermented. The reasoning is that it can sometimes have a defense mechanism within the bean that prevents the body from absorbing nutrients that are consumed with it. I'm willing to give it a try and ferment my own if possible.

Anyone know much about fermenting soya and if there's a machine that does that too? (I'm lazy when it comes to prepping and cooking).

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I don't believe that soy milk lends itself to a "maker" as there are several steps to the process.

I stand corrected.

Is everyone just ignoring this guy? clap2.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thanks.

I buy organic soy beans to make mine. I have a soy milk maker that I purchased online through Aliexpress. It works quickly and makes delicious soy milk, almond milk, rice milk, bean milk, etc.

maderaroja

Do you mind letting us know how you make the almond milk and the rice milk? Very interested in these two. And the rice milk, would you use brown rice with it for a richer smell?

Where did you buy organic soy beans? Can you buy other organic products there too?

Thanks.

I always buy the brand "Ohayo" which is available at Tops supermarket in the normal version and a "sugar free" version (with some blue on label).

Is that the brand that expires in something like 48 hours?

Soy products wreak havoc with the male hormones..

Consumption of soy products in Asia lends to a preponderance of gays and ladyboys.

I heard that too but then I thought about Brazil and asfaik not much soy milk is consumed there.

Also what about China too? They consume more soy than any nation and they don't seem to have that sort of wonder...

Thanks.

Is that the brand that expires in something like 48 hours?

No, it lasts for 2-3 weeks at least.

Turnover might be low at some places, so always check the dates.