Atm 20 000 Baht Limit : Help!

fanciman

Hello!

I need to get out about a thousand dollars from SCB Siam Commercial Bank.

I tried at one ATM, it let me get 20,000 baht. I tried it again and it said the limit was exceeded. A different SCB machine said the same thing.

What must i do? I have a v early flight in the morning and need it before then.

Will they let me have more at midnight? Should i try a different location or even bank?!

Is it an SCB card? If so, you may have the wrong sort of ATM card for your needs ... my SCB mastercard electron ATM card allows up to 50,000 baht withdrawal in one day. A regular ATM card only allows up to 20,000 baht a day.

There is a default limit on SCB ATM cards. You can call their hotline and have them increase the limit.

No need to do that. Just go to an ATMmachine fromSCB, and find the change limit option from there "Others" button. Submit your passport number and you can change it up to 200.000 THB/day.

Is it an SCB card? If so, you may have the wrong sort of ATM card for your needs ... my SCB mastercard electron ATM card allows up to 50,000 baht withdrawal in one day. A regular ATM card only allows up to 20,000 baht a day.

It has a mastercard logo on it, but it is not a credit card afaiu. It says Cirrus on the back.

The next important questions are going to be:

1) will i be able to get money at midnight, and if not when

2) would this card work abroad?

what stress i have today!

Edited by fanciman

I think hes trying to use an overseas ATM card, where the limit is 20000 baht otherwise he would go into the bank and withdraw as much as he wants with the passbook.

You could try at the airport before you go. It depends on which country the ac. is at and at what time their new day (bank wise) begins.

You people are amazing! So much good info, so fast! :o

It is a thai scb card in thailand trying to get money out of a thai scb atm, at the moment. After flying, i suppose any atm would be as good as the next. Am i right?

Thank you very much everyone!

I am going to try that increase the limit trick!

It has a mastercard logo on it...It says Cirrus on the back.

I went to look at the local ATM around the corner and I can tell you that your card would definitely work in Switzerland. I do not know about Tajikistan and Lesotho, though.

---------------

Maestro

I went to look at the local ATM around the corner and I can tell you that your card would definitely work in Switzerland. I do not know about Tajikistan and Lesotho, though.

---------------

Maestro

Just in case the increase limit trick doesn't work, will the card be ready for action again at midnight?

If so, i can go out this evening!

---------------

Maestro

Just in case the increase limit trick doesn't work, will the card be ready for action again at midnight?

Yes.

The limit is 20,000B / day.

New day , new limit.

Group: Members

Member No.: 4,817

QUOTE(fanciman @ 2006-07-31 18:23:23) *

QUOTE(maestro @ 2006-07-31 18:20:04) *

QUOTE(fanciman @ 2006-07-31 13:02:12) *

---------------

Maestro

Yes.

New day , new limit.

Sorry, fumblebum on the keyboard.

---------------

Maestro

Yes.

New day , new limit.

I think the limit is whatever is your card is limited to but not day by day but 24 hour to 24 hour. Therefore, if your credit/debit card is limited to , say 20,000 baht per day, you will have to wait 24 hours after a withdrawal until you can make the next one.

It has a mastercard logo on it, but it is not a credit card afaiu. It says Cirrus on the back.

The next important questions are going to be:

1) will i be able to get money at midnight, and if not when

what stress i have today!

When I lived in Thailand and used my US ATM card, the limit was $500, not 20,000 baht, per day. And the day changed at midnight of the US address of my account. So it was not midnight in Thailand, it was around 3pm. Many times I used this knowledge to get more than 20,000 baht per Thai day. Of course, this meant I couldn't use the ATM until 3pm the next day.

Sorry, fumblebum on the keyboard.

---------------

Maestro

Yes.

New day , new limit.

I think the limit is whatever is your card is limited to but not day by day but 24 hour to 24 hour. Therefore, if your credit/debit card is limited to , say 20,000 baht per day, you will have to wait 24 hours after a withdrawal until you can make the next one.

I've actually done it.