Chaweng Noi Beach Access for Thai National

Hoping someone can help me.

A member of my wife's family works on Chaweng Noi and the hotel staff at the foot bridge at the north end have denied her access to cross. They have denied her and her two Thai female co-workers.

I recall from an old thread that Thai Nationals are supposed to have a legal right to passage through hotel properties to access a Public Beach.

Any assistance appreciated. She works at one of those beach massage stands and I wonder if its simply a power play by the hotel guard at First Resort. I would like to contact the manager with the Rule if anyone is aware of its existence.

After all, these ladies who earn a hard living at those beach stands are a benefit to all the hotel guests so denying access seems counter-intuitive.

Thanks

AFAIK only the beach itself is for all, not necessarily access through a hotel (private property). That´s how 5star hotels like 4 Seasons try to keep the riff-raff out from their secluded bays.

Personally I find that despicable.

But using the beach for a massage place (with a bamboo structure) is another thing, that´s actually also illegal.

She can have access to the beach if she go down on a just a small passage opposite Tara hotel. Many beach vendors go that way

Thank's for this info, been trying to find a way onto that beach without going through a hotel :)

As for the OP, are think the hotel are allowed to stop anyone regardless of nationality from walking through their private property to get access to the beach.

• Like 1

These access points are not easy to find, I had the same problem in the past.... the only one I know of on Chawang beach, is perhaps the one mentioned above, ^ but I would have said just north of Centura Grand Hotel. Where they take the jet skis in and out...

Have a nice day Dahling!

IMG_8479.JPG

AFAIK only the beach itself is for all, not necessarily access through a hotel (private property). That´s how 5star hotels like 4 Seasons try to keep the riff-raff out from their secluded bays.

Personally I find that despicable.

But using the beach for a massage place (with a bamboo structure) is another thing, that´s actually also illegal.

Yes, it really is quite despicable, isn't it? I recall the same thing happening in Hawaii in the 80's. I can appreciate it if the issue were one of crime (and its entirely possible that has been the case on occasion) but I have to wonder how much of it is the guests wish? After all, they pay alot of money for one week to feel like they are rich and special and to do that you have to deny the privilege to somebody.

Exclusive means some people aren't invited.

Edited by ClutchClark

Falang can walk to beach no problem but Thai cannot

20 yrs ago the locals just had to worry about cocunuts falling on their heads when they went to the beach areas.... now they have to worry about a total lack of face by being told they do not have right of entry

I think they would prefer a coconut on the head

Progress eh?

• Like 2

Falang can walk to beach no problem but Thai cannot

20 yrs ago the locals just had to worry about cocunuts falling on their heads when they went to the beach areas.... now they have to worry about a total lack of face by being told they do not have right of entry

I think they would prefer a coconut on the head

Progress eh?

That sums it up well.

Whats the point of having a public beach open to all Thai if there is no public access?

I would prefer the risk of a coconut headached.

The public rules are regarding the beach area, not the private land which may lead to the beach.

Technically, you can access any beach or shoreline by swimming to it, so there is always ability to have public access to it, albeit not necessary by walking to it.

Private land is up to the discretion of the land owner to allow people on their property or not.

Post removed.

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com
In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

The law says all beaches and shorelines are public places, but it doesn't mandate that access to a particular beach must be through foot.

So in a way, the closest thing to a "private beach" is when a property is completely surrounding a particular beach, thus the landowner can for example erect a wall around his property, and if there happen to be cliffs on each end of the beach, you will effectively be prevented to walk to that beach.

But nobody can prevent you from swimming to this beach though, and neither can anyone prevent you from hanging out on this beach.

• Like 1