Will be coming to Thailand for few months, please advise a city to live

3xpat

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mr Jackson! Lovely to hear from you again at this festive time in Thailand.
Yes I have traveled all over Thailand in fact become " an old pro " at it! I am in touch with the real Thailand.I do live on 6,000 baht a month and I do NOT pay for sex (even though I may live in " Hornets nest " in Pattaya....] Nobody living in Thailand should be paying for sex ( if you are then there is something very wrong somewhere...) Bang Saray is a lovely place to live and the beach is lovely for lovely long walks in the glorious sunshine.I was just pointing out that it can be a little more expensive for accommodation and in Pattaya remember there are still 1 bed condos with pool for 5,000 baht a month!
God Bless You Mr Jacksam ! LOL

• Like 1

6000 minus 5000 = sweet F all.

You my friend are just a troll looking for a bite.

Contribute to OP by all means. Seriously keep your mixed up personal stuff to yourself.....its so boring.

Also where's the gig you can stay in Band Saray.... For 5000/month. The op is talking about 3 month lease.

You talk about this place and that......recently on another post you spoke about train from bkk to hua hin for 44 baht. I've done that trip......get real and stop being up yourself.....are you on page " viewer"

About 6000 Bath/month is the going rate for a modest accommodation in one of the numerous condos in Bangsaree for example Beach and Mountain Condo. The newer condos are just holes in the walls basically like 30 sqm or so I think. They should be much cheaper in my opinion, but do not know about availability or exact rates as most owners are Thai investors from Bangkok that has been duped into buying the crap 30 sqm condo units in the delusion that the value will increase dramatically within a few years and they can sell for a 20% - 50% profit, which will not happen of course.

And it is all borrowed money of course.

In my experience and knowledge, you will find the best deals by walking/driving around the area and pop into this and that condo and ask for manager, then get a price, all condos must have a manager and most well managed condos have their own letting and selling services, no need to go to a real estate shop.

Edited by AlQaholic
  • Like 1

About 6000 Bath/month is the going rate for a modest accommodation in one of the numerous condos in Bangsaree for example Beach and Mountain Condo. The newer condos are just holes in the walls basically like 30 sqm or so I think. They should be much cheaper in my opinion, but do not know about availability or exact rates as most owners are Thai investors from Bangkok that has been duped into buying the crap 30 sqm condo units in the delusion that the value will increase dramatically within a few years and they can sell for a 20% - 50% profit, which will not happen of course.

And it is all borrowed money of course.

In my experience and knowledge, you will find the best deals by walking/driving around the area and pop into this and that condo and ask for manager, then get a price, all condos must have a manager and most well managed condos have their own letting and selling services, no need to go to a real estate shop.

BRAINSTORM...... maybe this is a good idea all over Thailand. Never would of thought of that.

The OP wanted an expat community ...not many xpats there but also look at Sattahip.Navy base and has good facilities

Edited by jacksam

Oh I forgot to mention about Bangsaree;

Unlike many of the best Beaches in the Eastern Seaboard that are inside Navy or Military bases and inaccessible for "Farang", one of the best beaches in Thailand is located inside the Navy prep. base just South adjacent to Bangsaree and its accessible for "Farang" for a slightly higher entrance fee than for Thai people.

Crystal clear water, white sand beach cleaned by Navy staff daily, free showers and toilets.

Lately the food has become a bit expensive so most people bring their own food and booze in their coolers.

• Like 1

Oh I forgot to mention about Bangsaree;

Unlike many of the best Beaches in the Eastern Seaboard that are inside Navy or Military bases and inaccessible for "Farang", one of the best beaches in Thailand is located inside the Navy prep. base just South adjacent to Bangsaree and its accessible for "Farang" for a slightly higher entrance fee than for Thai people.

Crystal clear water, white sand beach cleaned by Navy staff daily, free showers and toilets.

Lately the food has become a bit expensive so most people bring their own food and booze in their coolers.

Whilst you are " on the pulse " with Bang Saray,Isn't there also a small remote island that way called " Monkey Island " You can get across by boat ( obviously ) but I have heard the monkeys on this island to be constantly in a " Very Bad Mood " ..........

F.J x

Monkey Island is restricted, nobody is allowed on that Island. It just outside the Bay of the Navy Beach that I am promoting. No idea why it is restricted. As a diving Instructor I tried to go there before but we got shot at.

That Beach that I mention inside the Navy base just south of Bangsaree by the way is always full of Russians, dunno what the pay for it but the always come by boat so I think they have been duped into thinking this is special Island and they pay like 1000 Bath/person or so, but this is just speculation on my part of course.

Beach chairs are for rent by the Navy, a lot of shade under the trees. Sand is pristine and clean, water is clear to the bottom at any depth. A number of Restaurants cater to western cuisine (never tried them too damn expensive, I bring my own food and booze). Sea Kayaks for rent. No Jet skies.

Put your contact lenses in because the Russian Girls are stunning. In the weekends you will see droves of Thais coming and video recording sexy Russians on their phones.

In the weekends if you arrive after around 09:00 in the morning you will probably be forced to stop at the Checkpoint and use a taxi service because parking is full at the Beach, during weekdays no problem usually, pay and drive in and park at the beach.

And that beach has very cheap bungalows for rent as well. I do not remember the price exactly, I did check a while back and remember it as very cheap. They are very spacey but I tried to make a reservation and it was booked to like the end of eternity, dunno how to solve that problem.

I didn't read every post, but I think money is an issue here. So it's my experience CM is cheaper than BKK and everywhere south of BKK. I would guess that 20k outside of CM might be cheaper than in the old city, and I would imagine there are many places (issan) that have even cheaper places to live. But you need internet, so that might eliminate some cheap spots. I would guess better internet outside of mountains, so that cancels all places west of CM and NW of the city. Start at Lampang. CR is also cheaper than CM, but Lampang is close to CM and near a big highway that can take you to many other cities. My thoughts.

I think Chiang Mai is probably the best value place for accommodation! On my travels across Thailand it's the only place i have found rooms for rent from a little as 1000 baht a month! It's always a good idea to try and find somewhere that has free wifi included and that will save you a huge 700 baht a month! ( ridiculous! ) I quite enjoy Chiang Mai.The City is very busy and not a place i would want to live in but the surrounding villages are fabulous! Great outdoor lifestyle and perfect for bike rides ( getting around on a bicycle is a great way and cheap! ) The things i didn't like about it are the amount of " Mosquitoes " that invade at around 18.00 and of course the other thing is " No Beach " I do like to spend my days outside taking lovely strolls or bike rides and when getting a bit hot " jumping in the river ( or canal ) in my " David Hasselhoff " Shorts is not quite the same thing as a refreshing dip in the sea......But in the villages the people are much more friendly and more interested in " who you are " rather than what is in your wallet ! ( " bugger all " in my case ....)

Well i bid you all a lovely day viewers! for myself i am off on a little train journey ( 6 baht ) followed by a swim in the sea.......

Are you feeling " a bit hot under the collar " viewers..?

Farang Jaidee wai2.gif

• Like 1

Monkey Island is restricted, nobody is allowed on that Island. It just outside the Bay of the Navy Beach that I am promoting. No idea why it is restricted. As a diving Instructor I tried to go there before but we got shot at.

That Beach that I mention inside the Navy base just south of Bangsaree by the way is always full of Russians, dunno what the pay for it but the always come by boat so I think they have been duped into thinking this is special Island and they pay like 1000 Bath/person or so, but this is just speculation on my part of course.

Beach chairs are for rent by the Navy, a lot of shade under the trees. Sand is pristine and clean, water is clear to the bottom at any depth. A number of Restaurants cater to western cuisine (never tried them too damn expensive, I bring my own food and booze). Sea Kayaks for rent. No Jet skies.

Put your contact lenses in because the Russian Girls are stunning. In the weekends you will see droves of Thais coming and video recording sexy Russians on their phones.

In the weekends if you arrive after around 09:00 in the morning you will probably be forced to stop at the Checkpoint and use a taxi service because parking is full at the Beach, during weekdays no problem usually, pay and drive in and park at the beach.

I don't know which i would find more unpleasant " being attacked by vicious Monkeys " or " being shot at by a Navy Seal looking like " Casey Ryback " ( Steven Segal ) .....

F.J ( feeling scared..) w00t.gif

"i never pay for sex or gfe" , but you do my friend, we all do. it must be intoxicating to be in love with yourself so deeply. anyway a lot of good advice here. :-)

If you are living here in Thailand there is absolutely " no reason " why you need to pay for sex! lol If you actually meet a nice Thai lady who actually really " likes you for being you " then money shouldn't enter the equation! There are far too many farang that pay ladies to live with them because they cannot find a nice normal lady and don't want to be alone.All my friends who live with Thai ladies split all the bills 50/50 and they have great loving relationships.NOT all ladies want money for sex even in Pattaya where i live there are a few ladies who enjoy sex ( without money )

Would you really want a lady living with you or has absolutely no interest in you apart from " The Payment " of cash you give her every month just to stay with you...? ( i certainly wouldn't ! )

There are lots of nice Thai ladies you can enjoy a bit of "Horizontal refreshment " with for free but many of you are not looking in the right places!!!

God Bless You all Viewers!

F.J x

post-193254-0-72663700-1415357347_thumb.

• Like 1

"i never pay for sex or gfe" , but you do my friend, we all do. it must be intoxicating to be in love with yourself so deeply. anyway a lot of good advice here. :-)

If you are living here in Thailand there is absolutely " no reason " why you need to pay for sex! lol If you actually meet a nice Thai lady who actually really " likes you for being you " then money shouldn't enter the equation! There are far too many farang that pay ladies to live with them because they cannot find a nice normal lady and don't want to be alone.All my friends who live with Thai ladies split all the bills 50/50 and they have great loving relationships.NOT all ladies want money for sex even in Pattaya where i live there are a few ladies who enjoy sex ( without money )

Would you really want a lady living with you or has absolutely no interest in you apart from " The Payment " of cash you give her every month just to stay with you...? ( i certainly wouldn't ! )

There are lots of nice Thai ladies you can enjoy a bit of "Horizontal refreshment " with for free but many of you are not looking in the right places!!!

F.J x

How much did you pay for the photo?

• Like 2

To the OP, try chumphon town and Thung Wua Laen beach first: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/509800-maats-guide-to-living-near-chumphon-town/ pm for questions.

I have always thought about the entire coastline all down this area.The beaches must be fab and clean on that coast.There is a train that runs down that line too.There must be some basic Thai accommodation almost on the beach to rent for about 2000 baht a month if you look in the more remote areas! Obviously i wouldn't want to be living a " Swiss Family Robinson " lifestyle and feel completely isolated But are there any farang reading Thai Visa who live on this coastline in the more quieter areas with less farang about? I wonder if somebody could post some photos of the beaches and cheaper basic Thai accommodation.3,500 is not a bad price as mentioned above for a beach hut style accommodation but that is still expensive in those more remote Thai areas........

Farang Jaidee ( enjoying a morning " Buddy Dean 3 in 1 " coffee........ ) coffee1.gif

To the OP, try chumphon town and Thung Wua Laen beach first: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/509800-maats-guide-to-living-near-chumphon-town/ pm for questions.

Thanks. Funny, but I want to live in a cooler place. I am moving from Singapore where I work currently and I am tired of humidity and heat. May be Ciang Mai is really a way to go....

And to all those who saying you can't have sex without paying in Thailand, I would suggest get realistic girlfriend, 5-10 years younger, not a beauty queen for a start. Because if you are 50-60 and you want to <deleted> 18 y.o. beauty for free or for morning tips, well it's not impossible, but probability is low. Read posts on stickmanbangkok.com how to pick up normal girls, don't perpetuate the prostitution it backfires against all of us :)

And learn good Thai <deleted> stop circle jerking how hard it is, just do it

Thanks. Funny, but I want to live in a cooler place. I am moving from Singapore where I work currently and I am tired of humidity and heat. May be Ciang Mai is really a way to go....

And to all those who saying you can't have sex without paying in Thailand, I would suggest get realistic girlfriend, 5-10 years younger, not a beauty queen for a start. Because if you are 50-60 and you want to <deleted> 18 y.o. beauty for free or for morning tips, well it's not impossible, but probability is low. Read posts on stickmanbangkok.com how to pick up normal girls, don't perpetuate the prostitution it backfires against all of us smile.png

And learn good Thai <deleted> stop circle jerking how hard it is, just do it

Hello!

Yes Chiang Mai would be a good choice! and cooler sometimes throughout the year but it should be noted that when i went up there for a month earlier in the year i found it even hotter! lol

and some lovely ladies in the City which i met just randomly " strolling and chatting to " all in a normal day here in Thailand.( " fabulous " )

F.J wub.png Are you the " romantic type " viewers...?giggle.gif

F.J x

All people are different. I pay my common law wife a monthly sallery. Not because she could not pay her4 half but because I enjoy the freedom it gives me. I am not constrained by her working time. We enjoy each other and both have a circle of friends that are not the same. If I want to go to Cha-Am tomorrow off we go. No rescheduling to do. Purchase transportation means, pack, lock the door, and go.

I realize maybe some can not afford this way of life and need the extra income or do not care for the freedom to move about that I do so it would not appeal to them Sex is a minor thing in a long term relationship. Respect, honesty and allowing each to partake in their culture (to a point) also their own religion are far more important.

In my case the culture was a problem. My wife is old school Thai and to deny her the right to put on and take off my shoes would offend her. I admit I did draw the line at pulling up my pants. In the west it would be called abuse here I find it being called abuse to deny her would be to hurt her. I was lucky I say lucky because I had not been here long enough to hear all the doom and gloom stories that I believe are just a few compared to all the successful ones such as mine. I did not get the you hansome man kind.

This topic has been sidetracked and posts are now being removed -

Forum rule 17) You will not discuss the specifics of prostitution. Though Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgement of that fact is not forbidden, ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.

I have always thought about the entire coastline all down this area.The beaches must be fab and clean on that coast.There is a train that runs down that line too.There must be some basic Thai accommodation almost on the beach to rent for about 2000 baht a month if you look in the more remote areas! Obviously i wouldn't want to be living a " Swiss Family Robinson " lifestyle and feel completely isolated But are there any farang reading Thai Visa who live on this coastline in the more quieter areas with less farang about? I wonder if somebody could post some photos of the beaches and cheaper basic Thai accommodation.3,500 is not a bad price as mentioned above for a beach hut style accommodation but that is still expensive in those more remote Thai areas........

Farang Jaidee ( enjoying a morning " Buddy Dean 3 in 1 " coffee........ ) coffee1.gif

You are unlikely to get anything on directly on the beach for that little. off the beach, there are places from 1500-4000, no air cond. Maybe in pathio town near the airport, but there isnt much out there. Your more likely to get a foreiger pricing without the service. Chumphon town or Sapli, Pathio is a better bet to ease your transition into the area. Pathio town has NO public transport into Chumphon town or in the area as far as i am aware.

It is kitesurf season now and it will be windy most days until jan. Not as much as last year, but its strong enough to catch a few waves most days.

Thung wua laen isnt spoiled or overrun by foreigners yet. But its not a dirt road either.

• Like 1