Two Nigerian men arrested in Pattaya for duping Thai women to wire them money

webfact

A few months ago a Thai lady we know who is quite well off but not in the first flush of youth came to see me as an American "gentelman" who she was talking to on facebook was trying to get her to put money into his account ,and she wanted to know if i thought it was genuine, at least she was lucky enough to be friendly with my wife ,so was able to not lose her money.

• Like 1

Whether it is Nigerians scamming Thai ladies or Thai ladies scamming gullible older farang neither

victims deserve to be conned. A fool and his money are soon parted but it does not justify the crime. blink.png

• Like 2

I'm no racist by any means, but only talking about first hand experience. These Nigerians are the scum of the earth....

I'm originally from Cape Town, South Africa and these people had absolutely NO shame or one honest hair on their bodies !!

Thailand Immigration should take a MUCH closer look at these Nigerians entering the Kingdom. They are master con artist and will out-con even the best of the best con-man !!!

If the " typical con bar girl " think their good playing with peoples emotions etc, they have another thing coming !!cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Some of the best in the world at it winning over some of the best in the world at it....

Here's a site that informs you how to scam the scammers...http://www.419eater.com/

I had the pleasure of stringing one clown along for almost 9 months--it was quite amusing and satisfying laugh.png

Yes, did the same, only lasted 6 months though. Congrats!

• Like 1

2 nigerians are to be charged,what about the 2million thai women that have done the same scam.

not true. unless you're a low life. then everything is somebody elses fault.

you have a point or are you just an unhappy bigot.

no, you're one of the small minded two wrongs make it right guy. good luck with that. you'll need it.

Nithisa seems unwilling to recognise or accept the seriously wide amount of scamming that occurs without prosecution in this country.

What about the gem shop scams, the Tuk Tuk drivers, the gold diggers and families preying on stupid old men to name but a few.

This is fact not bigotry.

The fact is that corruption, endemic in this society affords illegality to go unpunished.

• Like 1

Funny that they arrested 2 men who basically have done the same thing as plenty of women here. I guess it becomes a crime when it's a Thai getting scammed.

Not really ,at least the old fools that get scammed here get to roger a nice looking woman for their money , and if your stupid enough to believe that some gorgeous young prostitute has fallen in love with you after just meeting you then ,well you know .

and this does not mean that i have anything against bar girls many are very nice (i know i met quite a few before i got marriedsmile.png ) but i never kidded myself they loved me ,it was a bargain ,i had money they had lovely bodies .

As for these scum Nigerians ,they deserve all they get.

I just received this from some Nigerian scammers:

Dear Friend,

I am Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Al Maktoum, CEO and owner of Al Fajer properties. I am seeking your partnership in going into a multi million dollar investment venture. I am interested in investing in your country, so I will like us to begin our acquaintance through this medium so we can discuss more.

I hope to hear from you soon.

regards,

Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Al Maktoum

The real Sheikh is on wiki:

His Highness Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Maktoum Al Maktoum (Arabic: الشيخ مكتوم حشر مكتوم آل مكتوم‎) is a member of Dubai's ruling family. He is a second cousin once removed ofMohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the current ruler of Dubai.

2014-11-08_101246_zps6bc4ee39.jpg

Sorry sheikh, I'm waiting for an E-Mail from Bill Gates and Tim Cook to ask me to send money because they want to open a software Mall in 'my country'...

Funny that they arrested 2 men who basically have done the same thing as plenty of women here. I guess it becomes a crime when it's a Thai getting scammed.

Not really ,at least the old fools that get scammed here get to roger a nice looking woman for their money , and if your stupid enough to believe that some gorgeous young prostitute has fallen in love with you after just meeting you then ,well you know .

and this does not mean that i have anything against bar girls many are very nice (i know i met quite a few before i got marriedsmile.png ) but i never kidded myself they loved me ,it was a bargain ,i had money they had lovely bodies .

As for these scum Nigerians ,they deserve all they get.

I fail to see the difference. The way I see it, someone said the right stuff, and conned someone else out of their cash. But it seems if it's a Thai woman who has a "sick mom" it's OK, but if it's a farang man with bank issues it's wrong. You don't see the elephant sized hypocrisy?

2 nigerians are to be charged,what about the 2million thai women that have done the same scam.

not true. unless you're a low life. then everything is somebody elses fault.

you have a point or are you just an unhappy bigot.

no, you're one of the small minded two wrongs make it right guy. good luck with that. you'll need it.

Nithisa, it's not bigotry but it's rather the hundreds upon hundreds of stories of many guys getting duped. He's not happy she personally got tricked but rather being symbolic that it happens both ways.

Sure it sounds like many are piling on Thai's but it's just because it's a Thai site and I'm sure it's similar on phil, Brazil or similar.

Listen, I remember the time many years ago when I used to type emails for women to send to their bf/husbands that they love them and send money. It was funny at first but when I was copy/pasting dozens at a time it was hurtful knowing what a sham they were as there were probably many men taken.

claimed they had fortune worth Bt15 million in their bank account. They asked their preys to wire them Bt100,000 so that they could withdraw their money

Usually Nigerians bait with 10s to 100s Million of US Dollars, not around $450,000. They are adapting and learning subtleties. Oh well, if viruses can evolve, why not scammers.

I'm sorry but if you are dumb enough to send money like this, you deserve to lose it.

Preying on the naivety of Thai women! Two sacks of shit, whether Nigerian, Russian, Western or whatever. I do not think the Thai women deserve this. Not at all.

I hope these guys do some hard time before being deported.

Criminals should be put to work on a tread mill, to generate electricity, to pay for the cost of their incarceration.

I agree with you 100% This scam has been going on for at least 2 decades. In the early days many gullible people in the UK were duped by it. I brought my children up to understand that if an offer seems to good to be true..then it probably isn't. Avoid these scams like the plague.

I also like your ideas of punishment. I wish this could be introduced where ever individuals are lawfully and fairly imprisoned.

I'm sorry but if you are dumb enough to send money like this, you deserve to lose it.

There are special police units in Oz and I believe the UK.

They advise folk who are being drawn in by Nigerian scammers, of the pitfalls and scams.

I'm guessing the banks must activate some sort of scrutiny alert.

Dear scam experts,

isn't there anything you forgot?

Maybe you're gambling, or doing lottery...

Maybe you worked all your life in Taylorized labour because someone promised you social security when you're old...

Maybe you voted for a candidate that never kept his promises...

Maybe you also made promises for a better life to some woman...

Maybe you made investments into an uncertain future.

And here: what is that I read?

Some institution promises me to pay one dollar for a piece of paper?

So, here it is: I cannot eat it, it's not a good f****, now take 32 of them and give me 1 oz. of solid gold in return. That's what it was worth when I bought it.

Thanks for having a good memory, sincerely Yours.

I'm just surprised that the Nigerians were duping women in the same country in which they were based. Isn't that the point of these online scams... to dupe people in other countries so you can't get traced/caught? If they wanted to dupe Thais, they should have stayed in Nigeria. If they wanted to enjoy the 'beaches' of Pattaya, they should have focused on duping Filipinas etc. Guess they didn't read the whole manual.

Dear scam experts,

isn't there anything you forgot?

Maybe you're gambling, or doing lottery...

Maybe you worked all your life in Taylorized labour because someone promised you social security when you're old...

Maybe you voted for a candidate that never kept his promises...

Maybe you also made promises for a better life to some woman...

Maybe you made investments into an uncertain future.

And here: what is that I read?

Some institution promises me to pay one dollar for a piece of paper?

So, here it is: I cannot eat it, it's not a good f****, now take 32 of them and give me 1 oz. of solid gold in return. That's what it was worth when I bought it.

Thanks for having a good memory, sincerely Yours.

You have at least a chance in all the things you mentioned, but offers from Nigeria don't even have a prayer.

One other thing.... I'm not sure it's entirely fair to accuse the victims of 'greed', as some are doing here. Naivete and gullibility, perhaps, but not greed. It's not just about 'blaming the victim' either. I just think these women were driven by the same motive as wanting to win the lottery, except in this case the 'lottery' had no legitimate backing. In fact, these Thai women naively thought that they had won the lottery in a sense... suddenly they had the chance to have more money than they had ever dreamed of. Who wouldn't want that? Wanting to accept an offer of big bucks doesn't necessarily make you greedy any more than taking up an investment opportunity in a new business. Doesn't even make you 'stupid' (I have an American friend with a PhD who was duped out of more than US$200K by a woman he went into business with)... it makes them naive in this particular context.

an argumentative and baiting post removed along with THREE troll posts

- and a racist post was removed along with reply quoting that

- and an empty post with just quotes removed

- and some off topic posts removed which were posted after moderator request to stay on topic

I'm just surprised that the Nigerians were duping women in the same country in which they were based. Isn't that the point of these online scams... to dupe people in other countries so you can't get traced/caught? If they wanted to dupe Thais, they should have stayed in Nigeria. If they wanted to enjoy the 'beaches' of Pattaya, they should have focused on duping Filipinas etc. Guess they didn't read the whole manual.

"The Skeleton Coast" is a good scamming yarn