Visual Basic 6, and sending emails in Thai

briley

I have a program in Visual Basic 6 (Not in .net).

I can get the program to send emails via Gmail (using microsoft - schemas.microsoft.com), but any Thai text sometimes gets mangled - not always but sometimes it comes through as those funny symbols and letters.

I did try saving the text as a text file that did open in Notepad correctly and attaching it to the email, but again it gets mangled. Looking at the text file on the Gmail website it is OK, but download it and it all falls apart.

I tried to save the file as an .html file and attaching it, but that never worked properly.

I wanted to save it as a .pdf file but can not find any .pdf maker that will automatically save the file - all call for user intervention to give it a file name.

I did find a free pdf converter, but that wouldn't open in Adobe or Foxit.

I tried converting to .net but my knowledge is not good enough to make it work.

Anyone find a solution to my problem?

Anyone find a solution to my problem?

Realistically, you're running ancient software which was never designed to be multilingual. It would be better for you to find a more modern solution for whatever you're trying to achieve. And if you state here what you are trying to achieve, possibly someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

Yes agreed - VB6 is very old but it does do quick and easy jobs very nicely! And I enjoy playing with it.

I half heartedly tried using .net but failed to get started so gave up.

The problem is this is a program that started out small some 15 years ago and has grown and grown - along with what I want it to do. It works fine in English and Thai, even if the Thai on the code pages doesn't come out properly but on a form it is fine.

I have used a few programs to produce a pdf file by using print commands - ie print to a .pdf. All produce the file that is fine, but then need user intervention to give it a file name to save. If one of the pdf printers would automatically save the file I produce that would be fine as I can then attach the pdf file to an email, job done.

I have tried acrobat XI, Debanu, Foxit, pdfFactory and pdfCreator but all suffer from the same problem - it needs user intervention for a filename!

Thanks for all the comments

I have used a few programs to produce a pdf file by using print commands - ie print to a .pdf. All produce the file that is fine, but then need user intervention to give it a file name to save. If one of the pdf printers would automatically save the file I produce that would be fine as I can then attach the pdf file to an email, job done.

I have tried acrobat XI, Debanu, Foxit, pdfFactory and pdfCreator but all suffer from the same problem - it needs user intervention for a filename!

As we are stuck in a time vortex, perhaps this would do the trick: http://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator/manual/command-line-parameters