Students hold protest march against violence in Deep South

Lite Beer

Students hold protest march against violence in Deep South

11-11-2557-12-38-00-wpcf_728x408.jpg

NARATHIWAT: -- About 4,000 students of Princess of Naradhiwas University in Narathiwat province staged a symbolic protest against violence perpetrated against innocent people in the restive region.

Led by Mr Chongrak Palasai, the university’s rector, the students, several of them holding posters denouncing the use of violence against innocent people, students in particular, converged on the campus before they marched peacefully through several streets in the provincial townseat.

The protesters also appealed to all armed elements to refrain from harming innocent people, students in particular.

The protest march followed last week’s fatal shooting of a second-year female student of the university, Ms Suthida Tangjai, by suspected militants as she was riding on the pillion of a motorcycle with two other students on another motorbike on their way to their dormitory.

The gunman, riding the pillion of a motorbike, fired one shot into her head from behind.

Police suspected that the shooting was aimed to drive a wedge among Thai Buddhists and Malay Muslims in the region because the victim was the only Buddhist among the four female students.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/students-hold-protest-march-violence-deep-south/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-11-11

"The protesters also appealed to all armed elements to refrain from harming innocent people, students in particular."

The people they are appealing to are terrorists. That's their "job"; to create chaos by harming innocent people. The protest is a humanitarian gesture, but most likely useless in eliminating any of the violence. If history serves as a lesson, the only way the violence will cease is if those on both sides of the terrorists converge to wipe them out. That would mean some sort of agreement with Malaysia for joint military action, which I doubt will ever come to being.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The BiB assessment of the motive for the female student murder, doesn't make a lot of sense.

It makes perfect sense to me. The Terrorists have no desire to create a peaceful relationship with the Buddhists. Quite the contrary.

"The protesters also appealed to all armed elements to refrain from harming innocent people, students in particular."

The people they are appealing to are terrorists. That's their "job"; to create chaos by harming innocent people. The protest is a humanitarian gesture, but most likely useless in eliminating any of the violence. If history serves as a lesson, the only way the violence will cease is if those on both sides of the terrorists converge to wipe them out. That would mean some sort of agreement with Malaysia for joint military action, which I doubt will ever come to being.

I hate to have to agree with you it is almost indeed quite uselesssad.png . It is a start soon to peter out but hopefully the next time it will last longer and attract more supporters. What is needed is for all non terrorists to rise up and object to the terrorists. Instead they silently cover up for them. If they were to all rise up and speak out they would easily reveal who the terrorists were and where they were hiding out. But that is not going to happen. They will continue to cover up for them.

Remember a year or so back when they told the officials where to find some and the police arrested I believe 3 of them. That is the result of public support.thumbsup.gif

Another problem and I am not that familiar with it is that once arrested most of them are freed or receive a slap on the hand. The courts need to recognize the depth of the problem and sentence accordingly.sad.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The BiB assessment of the motive for the female student murder, doesn't make a lot of sense.

It makes perfect sense to me. The Terrorists have no desire to create a peaceful relationship with the Buddhists. Quite the contrary.

Yes, I get that, you are correct and I didn't say correctly what I was actually thinking before slagging off the BiB.

Why ??? 4 Students, 3 with headscarves 1 without.

Every year hundreds killed by these animals. The Thai government have tried a number of actions over the years to no avail. time to declare war

on Islamists.

Did people see the pictures of the 9 year old decapitated by these a**holes. They are not part of the human race and something needs to be done.

Why ??? 4 Students, 3 with headscarves 1 without.

Every year hundreds killed by these animals. The Thai government have tried a number of actions over the years to no avail. time to declare war

on Islamists.

Did people see the pictures of the 9 year old decapitated by these a**holes. They are not part of the human race and something needs to be done.

BiB, not the murderers.

See post 5.