PM Prayut: Foreign leaders concerned about Thailand

webfact

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pathetic -

The rhetoric is disgraceful-

Obama is asking for the hostages (Thai Public ) to be released back to democracy-

This Guy is banned By Australia and Tony Abbott was heard to call him a "disappointment ""

Obama?

No the Thai PM and his unelected Government

You are wrong.

Prayuth was elected with a winner of 98% of all the votes.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Prayuth-elected-as-the-29th-PM-30241419.html

Order has been restored in Thailand?

Tell that to the people in the south!

Or does he mean order in that the criminals who took over Bangkok earlier this year are now facing charges?

What a sad state of affairs this country is in!

A new recruit for the fabie / robespierre gang?

If this gang you talk about is for people who think clearly, logically and are not brainwashed then I must be a new recruit.

Better than other people on here who only accept their point of view and can't accept others who make very good points that actually make sense.

On forum majority are against the Shins style democracy----the minority are for it.

There are some that did not like it, but do not like the military.

There is a minority on TVF that oppose the PM because they intervened and slung out a lousy governing regime.

Others are going with the rough flow in hope of a better future Military or not.

Order has been restored in Thailand?

Tell that to the people in the south!

Or does he mean order in that the criminals who took over Bangkok earlier this year are now facing charges?

What a sad state of affairs this country is in!

A new recruit for the fabie / robespierre gang?

If this gang you talk about is for people who think clearly, logically and are not brainwashed then I must be a new recruit.

Better than other people on here who only accept their point of view and can't accept others who make very good points that actually make sense.

On forum majority are against the Shins style democracy----the minority are for it.

There is a minority on TVF that oppose the PM because they intervened and slung out a lousy governing regime.

Others are going with the rough flow in hope of a better future Military or not.

I agree, I hope the army does provide a better future, history shows this will not be the case.

I do not agree with a lot the General has done including the coup. You don't see the US army taking over because Obama can't govern properly.

I totally dislike the way all opposition voice has been outlawed.

I think the rules of this forum give you a distorted view on what the majority opinion is.

Time will tell, I hope I'm wrong, wouldn't be the first time!

• Like 2

Pathetic -

Obama is asking for the hostages (Thai Public ) to be released back to democracy-

This Guy is banned By Australia and Tony Abbott was heard to call him a "disappointment ""

What do you mean "banned by Australia?"

Wow - I didn't know that!

Hmm... interesting!

On what grounds? Do you know?

Cheers.

He (the good general) is NOT permitted to enter Australia. BANNED FROM ENTERING

Australia does not like Military COUPS and automatically bans the leaders of that Military coup. Also there is a travel warning to Thailand so that is making mum dad and the kids stay away and they are getting is single back packers now. AMAZING Thailand. Amazing it is still favoured by many

Foreigners are also concerned about Thailand , not only leaders , this prancing around China is not making Thailand a welcome country for Nato or ANZUs allies nor their citizens , Thailand's Prayuth must remember that Thailand needs friends the Allies don't need Thailand. bah.gif

This is so true. Some forget that CHINA need sth west too otherwise they would be a basket case with 100 million workers with pitch forks marching on Beijing asking where is our food?

Thailand is not far heading down that path pissing off all their major business sponsors

I agree, I hope the army does provide a better future, history shows this will not be the case.

I do not agree with a lot the General has done including the coup. You don't see the US army taking over because Obama can't govern properly.

I think the rules of this forum give you a distorted view on what the majority opinion is.

In the US the army takes care of it's defense etc. Here it has to intervene because the Shin run Thai police as was ran off and left the army to do it'e work.

The opposition was equally quietened during Shin rule.

Before the PM the overwhelming majority was anti Shin. Time is what Thailand has to have to recover, Minority on TVF do not want that because it will prove them wrong.

Pathetic -

This guy was NOT pathetic but is heading that way and YES Australia will not give him the time of day so you are right. Australia has not lifted travel warnings and NO ONE at home believes the TOURIST situation has improved thank you to the botched Kao Tao or whatever it is called, investigation. People are stayuong away in droves and I mean planes that are normally full are half full .... that is a lot of people with changed pland and many others are travelling on not staying.

And do you really think Prauth spoke DIRECTLY to Putin or Obama? NO WAY! Maybe a nod here and ther ean his little address to the crowd as they are all permitted to do.

"I told all the leaders that Thailand was relatively peaceful now, he said.

The Thai premier said he told all the foreign leaders that the atmosphere for tourism in Thailand had improved and invited people from their countries to visit." And this is the same CRAP that every PM of Thailand says. OF COURSE everyone is invited to visit. Just that maybe a lot NO LONGER want to visit and people like me are getting peed off by the rhetoric when there was such a great chance for REAL POSITIVE innovative change.

The shine has worn off and I feel speaking to people and businesses and Embassy staff ...my own that is ... and reading between the lines of business news.. that the golden days Of THAILAND the HUB is now over

It has been on the downward spiral for years, but the problem with some TVF posters is ---they actually believe it started when the PM took over. and they insist everyday it is his fault---scams, tourists-south problems-infrastructure- killings- He is at the helm now so he is having to carry the can, the same as Yingluck should for most of this mess. He is definitely not the best by a long shot, but the deflections off Yinglucks woes are the only thing that some posters post about.

Well, to be fair, he did put himself in the firing line, so to speak. It's not like he was elected.

Actually, I have no problem with his deciding a coup was the best thing for the country. Given the chaos caused by the politicians, it probably WAS for the best. But the BS he has since given out, coupled with such obvious bias in targeting political offenders AND a lack of real reform, mean he pretty much deserves what he gets.

In the US the army takes care of it's defense etc. Here it has to intervene because the Shin run Thai police as was ran off and left the army to do it'e work.

Before the PM the overwhelming majority was anti Shin. Time is what Thailand has to have to recover, Minority on TVF do not want that because it will prove them wrong.

Nobody by the name of 'Shin' has ever ruled Thailand. I think you will find the King and Queen do that.

Just because you are anti coup does not make you pro shin.

I was in total support of the protesters this year, until I gradually realised that they had no plan.

Reform before election, great slogan but what were the reforms, no one ever said apart from to get rid of the government. It seems their plan all along was to protest until the army intervened.

The General has had a great chance to effect change, I know it wouldn't be easy or quick but it seems a lot of history repeating and he doesn't seem to be accomplishing much as yet apart from quashing opposition voice.

Allowing differing views has to be part of the solution.

• Like 1

It has been on the downward spiral for years, but the problem with some TVF posters is ---they actually believe it started when the PM took over. and they insist everyday it is his fault---scams, tourists-south problems-infrastructure- killings- He is at the helm now so he is having to carry the can, the same as Yingluck should for most of this mess. He is definitely not the best by a long shot, but the deflections off Yinglucks woes are the only thing that some posters post about.

ginjag about Prayuth:

"He is definitely not the best by a long shot"

Bless the Lord, I never thought I should live to see that day!!wai2.gifwai2.gif

• Like 2

Pathetic -

This guy was NOT pathetic but is heading that way and YES Australia will not give him the time of day so you are right. Australia has not lifted travel warnings and NO ONE at home believes the TOURIST situation has improved thank you to the botched Kao Tao or whatever it is called, investigation. People are stayuong away in droves and I mean planes that are normally full are half full .... that is a lot of people with changed pland and many others are travelling on not staying.

And do you really think Prauth spoke DIRECTLY to Putin or Obama? NO WAY! Maybe a nod here and ther ean his little address to the crowd as they are all permitted to do.

"“I told all the leaders that Thailand was relatively peaceful now,” he said.

The Thai premier said he told all the foreign leaders that the atmosphere for tourism in Thailand had improved and invited people from their countries to visit." And this is the same CRAP that every PM of Thailand says. OF COURSE everyone is invited to visit. Just that maybe a lot NO LONGER want to visit and people like me are getting peed off by the rhetoric when there was such a great chance for REAL POSITIVE innovative change.

The shine has worn off and I feel speaking to people and businesses and Embassy staff ...my own that is ... and reading between the lines of business news.. that the golden days Of THAILAND the HUB is now over

Ginny DO NOT put me in the group of believing this only happened NOW when Gen Prayuth came in. I was all for him. I am in business here and deal with areas I really do not want to every day and it is same same nothing changed despite all the promises, media interviews, hype to world leaders.

My own Embassy is avoiding doing business here because they see it as in a downward spiral and yes it has been for years.

The years Since yingluck took over and this guy is NOT fixing anything

Do not give me crappola about Thais are doing better.

No jobs for them = no money for anything

Foreign business accounts for over 80% of every baht produced in Thailand so without pandering to foreigners they are broke. And the good general is stuffing us all around saying he will do this and that and even small issues raised by the Japanese who represent 60% of foreign investment her e were told to bugger off. So things are still all hot air and nothing being done. the rice scam is still a scam with just more piles of rotting debris.

No one has been charged and all the pandering and switching rooms and beds is delaying everything.

the Koh Tao murder investigation a sham and all he can do is say World Leaders understand???? What a joke. No need to defend fools.

I am not giving you any crappa mate---this PM has not fixed much yet but you should have noticed there are years to complete that, so I am not along with you for any quick fixes.

Thais are doing better--contentment wise maybe not so much monetary, Neither is the countries coffers due to diabolical handling of readies+ corruption.

The world is DOWN--Russian money---China problems-25% less coming--the world is not on a spending spree. Events here mega of late and of 3 years have not helped the scams to be killed off.

I am not here to defend but I am not here just to let a minority slag off and blame a PM for all.

• Like 1

He looks like a simpleton... blink.pngwacko.pngsaai.gif

Right except simpletons don`t carefully plan and implement well thought out coups. These look like men on a mission to save their warped idea of a `fatherland`.Whatever doublespeak, newspeak, lies (the bigger the better) they feel the need of are being used blatantly in attempt to misrepresent world leaders views on the regime. They are not fools, more like missionary zealots whose end justifies whatever means it takes.

Some of us may have guessed what has them so spooked and of course we wish these honorable men well as it would be illegal to do otherwise,

ginjag about Prayuth:

Because all you lot have been doing is slagging off the PM and any poster that is panning along with things. What I speak is reality from the Shin lot and giving the benefit of the doubt to the PM, does that mean I love him as some of the minority on here suggest ??

Not recognizing the last 3 years of disaster for Thailand that sticks in my throat is the apologists pro Shin. Elections we all know are out for the time being so why are some just shouting everyday for them as they at this moment in time would solve nothing and even lead to street violence.---Choices for Thailand not many . I have said many times I expected things to get changed more quickly but misunderstood the enormity of the tasks.

Pathetic -

What do you mean "banned by Australia?"

Just a wild guess, but maybe that all the regime top brass and their families Have been declared PNG in Oz?

ginjag about Prayuth:

Because all you lot have been doing is slagging off the PM and any poster that is panning along with things. What I speak is reality from the Shin lot and giving the benefit of the doubt to the PM, does that mean I love him as some of the minority on here suggest ??

Not recognizing the last 3 years of disaster for Thailand that sticks in my throat is the apologists pro Shin. Elections we all know are out for the time being so why are some just shouting everyday for them as they at this moment in time would solve nothing and even lead to street violence.---Choices for Thailand not many . I have said many times I expected things to get changed more quickly but misunderstood the enormity of the tasks.

Things should be happening quicker, he has complete control so why aren't they? No messy outdated processes like a democratically elected parliament to pass laws.

Have they learnt from 2006? Doesn't seem so, putting blind faith in them seems illogical.

People act like the Shins invented corruption in Thailand, yeah sure they were good at it, and morally deserved to be punished. But the monk, the RTA and their associates should learn about glass houses.

• Like 2

They are not concerned by Thailand, they ARE CONSDIRED at YOU Mr GREAT LEADER who conducted an illegal coup, imposed martial law, and devlared yourself PM, president and GREATLEADER... That is what everybody is concerned about SIR

• Like 2

Ginny DO NOT put me in the group of believing this only happened NOW when Gen Prayuth came in. I was all for him. I am in business here and deal with areas I really do not want to every day and it is same same nothing changed despite all the promises, media interviews, hype to world leaders.

My own Embassy is avoiding doing business here because they see it as in a downward spiral and yes it has been for years.

Foreign business accounts for over 80% of every baht produced in Thailand so without pandering to foreigners they are broke. And the good general is stuffing us all around saying he will do this and that and even small issues raised by the Japanese who represent 60% of foreign investment her e were told to bugger off. So things are still all hot air and nothing being done. the rice scam is still a scam with just more piles of rotting debris.

No one has been charged and all the pandering and switching rooms and beds is delaying everything.

the Koh Tao murder investigation a sham and all he can do is say World Leaders understand???? What a joke. No need to defend fools.

I am not giving you any crappa mate---this PM has not fixed much yet but you should have noticed there are years to complete that, so I am not along with you for any quick fixes.

Thais are doing better--contentment wise maybe not so much monetary, Neither is the countries coffers due to diabolical handling of readies+ corruption.

The world is DOWN--Russian money---China problems-25% less coming--the world is not on a spending spree. Events here mega of late and of 3 years have not helped the scams to be killed off.

I am not here to defend but I am not here just to let a minority slag off and blame a PM for all.

I'm not here to defend the PM. Unless you slag him off, that is.

attachicon.gifprogselscout.jpg

I'm not here to defend the PM. Unless you slag him off, that is.

You are naughty, I said a minority, and I said do not blame him for all------does that half mean you are telling a little porky pie.???

Nice try apologist.

What the fark are these foreign leaders expressing their concern. Let them all look into their own shity internal affairs first.

Name me one country that one might not be able to point a finger at. So called democracies, hah.

The stuttering parrot, on 11 Nov 2014 - 15:34, said:

How did he keep a straight face when he was spewing out all that BS?

The south is a basket case the koh Tao murders are worldwide news not to mention martial law still in place and the tourism industry in a down hill spiral.The suppression of freedom of speech and trying to wipe the Thaksin name from history and warning media not to mention his name while they pursue his sister while others on the other side of politics are once again given safe passage.

All the known scams are still in place so what has he actually done since seizing power which he denied he was going to do in the first place?

The only people who believe his rhetoric is himself and ginjag, the other world leaders are not that stupid, but know what to say politically, this is another thing the Gen. does not understand... international political speak.

More comments on behalf of other governments and what he said to world leaders.

Plenty of video footage of the real big boys but, other than the ' family ' group photo, the only person I saw him pictured with was the PM of Papua New Guinea who is hardly a world leader.

Now for Myanmar and more official BS on success.

What the fark are these foreign leaders expressing their concern. Let them all look into their own shity internal affairs first.

Name me one country that one might not be able to point a finger at. So called democracies, hah.

Well you stick to your wonderful totalitarian military regimes with all their freedoms, reforms, attitude adjustments, friends in the west, Amnesty, NHRC etc. I can stick to my flawed but vastly better ideal of western democracy, free press and freedoms to question, even criticise if you don`t object.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, exce3pt for all those other forms which have be3en tried from time to time." W Churchill