One Day Layover in Manila

I will be arriving in LOS after a one day layover in Manila. I want to see a bit of Manila and have night in a hotel until the next morning flight. Will I have any problem at Thai airport immigration because of that one day visit? I am entering with a long-stay multi O-A. I don't know if they will say I have to come direct from america with no other visa stamp in between or if it will be a non-issue.

Non-issue, do it.

But, you should be aware that by breaking up your direct connecting flights you will go back to the more normal non-U.S. baggage limit of ONE BAG of 20 kg.

So, if you're bringing two bags be prepared to pay a surcharge for you flight from Manila to Bangkok.

Mac

this is incorrect as long as you do not know the circumstances of OP:

1. There is no such thing as "non-U.S. baggage limit of ONE BAG of 20 kg" - Every airline makes up their own rules what is allowed and what is not allowed. Either in total weight and in amount of pieces

2. OP might be on a stop-over ticket or even just a normal ticket were the layover (hence the difference) is less than 24 hours. - As long as his flights are on the same ticket the MSC (most significant carrier) rule published by IATA applies.