Thailand to sign G to G deal with China on 2.2 million tons of rice and rubber

webfact

Thailand to sign G to G deal with China on 2.2 million tons of rice and rubber

BANGKOK, 14 November 2014 (NNT) -- Thailand will sign a government-to-government (G-to-G) deal with China on the selling of two million tons of rice and 200,000 tons of rubber.

Minister of Commerce Gen. Chatchai Sarikallaya has expressed his hope that the two countries will be able to sign the deal on December. He said China, during the meeting between leaders of Thailand and China in APEC meeting in Beijing which was concluded several day ago, expressed interest in buying rice and rubber from Thailand when asked by the Thai leader.

The purchased rice and rubber would be delivered between 2015 and 2016, said Gen. Chatchai, adding that China's COSCO Holdings would handle shipping procedures to guarantee the transparency of the project.

Moreover, , representatives from China's state enterprises will visit Thailand on November 19 to discuss investment in the Thai rubber industry, which is part of the master plan to help shore up sagging rubber prices in the long run.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-11-14 footer_n.gif

Moreover, , representatives from China's state enterprises will visit Thailand on November 19 to discuss investment in the Thai rubber industry, which is part of the master plan to help shore up sagging rubber prices in the long run.

And China is really going to pay above market value! I don't think so.

When your competitor comes bearing gifts be prepared to give something in return, spoiled rice and degraded rubber from pre2013 are good to go. Doubt if the Chinese are looking for animal feed nor fuel for supplementing petrol at market price of either commidity so new crop may be involved. Just thinking to myself, why not give us '' the rest of the story''.

And China is really going to pay above market value! I don't think so.

I am not sure how bringing Chinese specifically sures up the price.

They already buy what they need from the market. They will also have to give away 51% of the business as have the Japanese rubber buyers.

Edited by Thai at Heart