The 3.2 Dilemma. Ranger or BT-50?

Skyboogie

I think the difference is in the ECU mapping. The BT is allegedly slightly quicker off the line. The 5 cyclinder engines sound pretty sweet when you put the boot in too.

I think you'll find it's because the BT-50 is measurably lighter.

Like to know how the weight savings were achieved...........ie:..Chassis, panel thickness etc..

• Like 1

Rumour has it that Toyota are bringing out a brand new model early 2015, something to rival Ford and Mazda. Might just be worth waiting.

coffee1.gif

I considered that. One: We aren't even sure what it looks like yet. Two: Once we do know what it looks like, expect delays similar to the Ranger.

So we are looking at around twelve months minimum before you drive one off the lot.

Rumour has it that Toyota are bringing out a brand new model early 2015, something to rival Ford and Mazda. Might just be worth waiting.

coffee1.gif

Rumour had it the new Hilux was coming at the end of 2012, then 2013, then for sure, 2014. Now it's coming at the end of 2015. I think you can see the pattern wink.png

Edited by IMHO

According to the specs shown in their websites the Mazda has a ground clearance of 237mm

Whereas the Ford has 201mm.

If this is in fact the case, then it should play a part in to your consideration regarding driving through

flooded roads, and off coarse when you venture deep into the jungle and through ravines. biggrin.png

Bt50 for me, wouldn't want ace calling me silly names all the time. Plus 100k is also a nice incentive for a better equipped, slightly faster version of the same truck.

How is the BT-50 "slightly faster" than the Ranger ?

Faster or quicker........?

Hope they ain't skimped on the chassis to make it lighter.....laugh.png

Zoom Zoom. Will find you the YouTube link later tonight when home where they race them head to head.

• Like 1

Bt50 for me, wouldn't want ace calling me silly names all the time. Plus 100k is also a nice incentive for a better equipped, slightly faster version of the same truck.

How is the BT-50 "slightly faster" than the Ranger ?

Faster or quicker........?

Hope they ain't skimped on the chassis to make it lighter.....laugh.png

Zoom Zoom. Will find you the YouTube link later tonight when home where they race them head to head.

zoom ahead to 24 mins thereabouts

brake test on dirt follows from what I can tell. But not much in it between the two. I think much depends who reacts faster off the line.
  • Like 1

I was in ford pattaya on sukhumvit 2 weeks ago. My turn off is all bays in the shop were full. I asked the sales lady and you need to get in queue for a appointment.

Never a wait at the isuzu garage.

There's no wait at Isuzu (Pattaya) if you get there at 7.30 am, but try coming at 10.00 and you probably won't get seen. So I don't agree there's never a wait at Isuzu.

According to the specs shown in their websites the Mazda has a ground clearance of 237mm

Whereas the Ford has 201mm.

If this is in fact the case, then it should play a part in to your consideration regarding driving through

flooded roads, and off coarse when you venture deep into the jungle and through ravines. biggrin.png

What are the tyre sizes?

I bought the Ford 3.2 a year ago and it's still the best small truck I've ever owned. As a testimonial I would buy another one just like if shopping around today given whats out there.

Getting onto 20K kms on it and problem free

Didn't consider the Mazda, don't like the looks of it.

I bought the Ford 3.2 a year ago and it's still the best small truck I've ever owned. As a testimonial I would buy another one just like if shopping around today given whats out there.

Will take your word for it.

Is it auto trans...?

Is it auto trans...?

Yes, no problems with it.

And I have as they say, a heavy foot. Love the power on this truck.

As a comparison it has way more get up and go than my race chipped 08 Toyota Hilux

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, last Monday (24 Nov) I went into Mazda at Sukhumvit 65. My interpreter and I met with Tisco Finance and the Sales manager. They told me that I did not need a Thai Guarantor on a two year loan. The deal we agreed to was a 600,000 down payment and a 399,000 balance to be financed at 2.8% over two years. I signed the paperwork, handed over my WP, salary slip, bank statements, copy of employment contract and a copy of my passport. Well today, one week later, I went into Mazda to speak with the sales manager and he told me that TISCO now wants a Thai Guarantor before they will approve the loan.

Is this standard practice?

What type of authority would a Thai Guarantor have?

Lastly, Mazda said if I cancel the order even if finance denied the loan, it would be three weeks before they refunded my 5000 booking fee.

Out of the Two , Ford and Mazda , I would have the Toyota . I had a Toyota pick up in one form or another for 15 years .

No problems , usual wear and tear.

I have had my Ford Wildtrak 3.2 20 months , it has been recalled once to replace a hose , and the a/c packed in on it a month ago and I was told by the mech / tech that you have to turn the a/c off before stopping the engine.

Overall the after sales service at Ford has been very poor .

I will run it for another year and go back to Toyota.

P.S. aren't Mazda made by Ford.

• Like 1

Alright, last Monday (24 Nov) I went into Mazda at Sukhumvit 65. My interpreter and I met with Tisco Finance and the Sales manager. They told me that I did not need a Thai Guarantor on a two year loan. The deal we agreed to was a 600,000 down payment and a 399,000 balance to be financed at 2.8% over two years. I signed the paperwork, handed over my WP, salary slip, bank statements, copy of employment contract and a copy of my passport. Well today, one week later, I went into Mazda to speak with the sales manager and he told me that TISCO now wants a Thai Guarantor before they will approve the loan.

Lastly, Mazda said if I cancel the order even if finance denied the loan, it would be three weeks before they refunded my 5000 booking fee.

A Chanote..................whistling.gif .................smile.png

Take your biz elsewhere. You are putting 70% down and have all the other boxes checked. Tell the dealer to look into other finance companies or take a hike.

Worst case is get your Mrs, assuming you have one to be your garanteur.

Better yet go to talad rod. Com and find a one that is a year or two old and pay cash,

• Like 1

Out of the Two , Ford and Mazda , I would have the Toyota . I had a Toyota pick up in one form or another for 15 years .

No problems , usual wear and tear.

I have had my Ford Wildtrak 3.2 20 months , it has been recalled once to replace a hose , and the a/c packed in on it a month ago and I was told by the mech / tech that you have to turn the a/c off before stopping the engine.

Overall the after sales service at Ford has been very poor .

I will run it for another year and go back to Toyota.

P.S. aren't Mazda made by Ford.

Auto Alliance see above

With 600 000฿ down payment you dont need a guarantor. Try Tanachard Bank.

Edit: Your guarantor has no authority at all. His only duty would be to pay if you cannot...

Edited by Chonburiram