why can't I find qualified office worker for 30,000 baht

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You already hitting the right places, the fact that you not getting employees has little to do with where you been advertising.

This is a problem nationwide.

I advertise for staff 365 days per year and always short staffed.

I advertise for ability to speak some English, they show up and can not speak any.

I advertise people with experience ONLY, but they show up with no experience at all.

I advertise for the night shift, they show up wanting to work ONLY morning.

Just keep on advertising, but to make you feel better, i am so short staffed, that i have been working 20 hour per day for the past 3 weeks and no prospect

of stopping, as no one is showing up for interview, and the ones who do show up, are beyond useless.

• Like 2

What about hiring a foreigner? Is that an option? There's gotta be a few qualified English teachers that could use a break from the classroom. It might cost you a little more to hire one, but could be worth it given your inability to find good Thai staff.

• Like 1

The labor market is a market, which means the market sets the price. If no one accepts the OP's offer it must therefore be too low, assuming that his adertising is effective at reaching his target group. Thailand claims to have close to full employment, which stories like this encourage me to believe may actually be true. The Thai economy is slowing down, but not contracting yet. So, it is apparently still the case that workers are choosy.

You may just be facing a timing problem. Most Thai employers have some sort of annual bonus program. Those that do tend to either pay bonus at end of year (late December, or early January), or at Chinese New Year (which - in 2015 - will be around 15 February). A typical bonus might be an extra month's pay.

So - it is often hard to recruit anyone who is already working, near the end of the year. That leaves candidates that are presently not employed - and that is often not a very attractive population from which to draw compelling candidates.

MS

• Like 2

The labor market is a market, which means the market sets the price. If no one accepts the OP's offer it must therefore be too low, assuming that his adertising is effective at reaching his target group. Thailand claims to have close to full employment, which stories like this encourage me to believe may actually be true. The Thai economy is slowing down, but not contracting yet. So, it is apparently still the case that workers are choosy.

Sorry but you make me laugh.

Bank employees are on 15 k per month .

Hotel managers are on 30k per month

Office staff are on 15-20k per month , but in your baseless opinion OP does not offer enough.

If OP offered 100k per month , rest assured he will have same unqualified people coming for interview.

I once ran an experiment offering 40k per month for a 9k per month job.

The same type applied , I chose the best one and guess how long she lasted ? 1 day is the answer.

Why? Because lazy ass thought learning company rules was too hard

Silly me. Couldn't possibly be a rational explanation like current demand in the labor market. Must be either a witch put a curse on the OP or, that old TV favorite, the general stupidity of Thai people.

• Like 1

Office staff are on 15-20k per month , but in your baseless opinion OP does not offer enough.

If OP offered 100k per month , rest assured he will have same unqualified people coming for interview.

The same type applied , I chose the best one and guess how long she lasted ? 1 day is the answer.

Silly me. Couldn't possibly be a rational explanation like current demand in the labor market. Must be either a witch put a curse on the OP or, that old TV favorite, the general stupidity of Thai people.

You are correct in saying silly you.

Current or non current, is has been the same for years, and if you actually lived and owned a business in Thailand, you might have known this

I see many Filipino staff in hotels and other businesses requiring English speaking office teams these days. Maybe you should try to locate a Filipino employment agency.

Some of the Thai people I know in high profile office positions are earning 45K up plus bonuses so they don't get head-hunted.

• Like 1

This must be guesthouse managers with a few rooms only.

F&B Manager: Around 65-80,000B per month

Sales & Marketing Manager 70-120,000B per month

Residence Manager: 120,000B per month

General Manager: 150-450,000B per month

I am talking about 4-5 star hotels, both Thai or foreign brands.

A three star hotel would be minus 25%.

Also I disagree, not all Thais are lazy.

I am a consultant to many companies (all farang owned) and they have a work force of between 150 - 3000 staffs.

They pay premium and most of their staffs are on average 10 years already at the company.

Thais want to work for large companies and the best of the pack ends up in those companies.

• Like 1

I see many Filipino staff in hotels and other businesses requiring English speaking office teams these days. Maybe you should try to locate a Filipino employment agency.

Some of the Thai people I know in high profile office positions are earning 45K up plus bonuses so they don't get head-hunted.

Illegal or same conditions as employing a foreigner, with minimum wage of 35K