'Billions' of Baht worth of assets found at Thai CIB chief's home

webfact

So what has this guy done to get caught with his hand in the cookie jar? He has been nailed to the cross for something?

Will he have a lot to tell? If not why not? Will he keep some of his spoils as they turn out to be his wife', children, mum and dad, housekeepers, gardeners, the dogs monies that they had forgotten they lent Dad?

What they need to do these guys is get them to come clean and tell how they have invested their weekly officers wage to turn into millions and in this case billions of baht. Could solve GDP for this year?

By use of lese-majeste charge, no details will be made public (conveniently) and as usual for high-level purges in Asia.

Is Prem involved in this?

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They may have been caught and confessed, but lets see if they ever get to a court, or stay on bail for ever like the never ending story, People like this seem to have nothing happen to them, just all talk and wind from the government, like many other people that should be in prison,

Well well well - i guess most of us was wrong, looks like there are going to be some cleanup after all, good!

It will set a good example down the ranks. About time some of the big boys got named....

Let's hope the boys in green have the courage to clean up a bit in their own camp, as well rolleyes.gif

Yes, but is it a coincidence that (unless I'm mistaken) so far ALL of these transfers arrests etc are for pro-Thaksin/PTP supporters/lackeys?

. Most of the police support Taskin so it is not just a co-incidence

Ah right, of course - easier to bark up the tree of paranoia and continued conspiracies. I forgot. Thanks for reminding me of that (rolls eyes)

God, and some of you call the Thai populace f#cking stupid. Google may be your friend, but Bing is better thumbsup.gif

Hats of the the powers that be on this one.

Lets hope this case is pursued properly and appropriate custodial sentences dished out.

Its a tiny tip of a huge iceberg, but its a start.

I expect these guys have stepped on the wrong toes, or pinned their flags on the wrong ship.

Hopefully its a sign of things to come, not just a purge of a few wrongly aligned ones.

It's a purge of those that have the wrong political affiliations, friends or paymasters, nothing more, nothing less and it won't go any deeper than that.
Yes, It's a good thing for corruption to be rooted out, just a shame that it's politically motivated and therefore targeted. No problem vis a vis slinging these guys in jail, that's surely a good thing, but because it's politically motivated, it means others get away.

And if the other guys ever get back in power, they'll do the same right back.

Does the overall level of corruption ever decrease? I'm not sure. Perhaps yes in terms of large abuses as the last elected government seemed to tolerate high levels of corruption. But year on year, I'm not sure there's much in the way of a decrease and definitely low level "way of life" bribes never change.

Why the assumption this is politically motivated. Given this guys family connections it might not be.

The Pm is doing some awesome job. However, I don't think he will ever get to the end of the line of millions of corrupt people in here.

He deserves credit for trying hard - so far, he is far more effective than the last 10 administrations put together.

Also, a convenient side effect is that by clearing out the corruptions, he's also clearing out all the political acolytes of Thaksin, who rose to the top via corruptions - so yes, removing corrupt officials serves both purposes, both of which benefit Thailand positively.

<snip>

And all the coups before his own dog and pony show came to what, exactly. Oh, yeah. Where they are NOW w00t.gif

The Pm is doing some awesome job. However, I don't think he will ever get to the end of the line of millions of corrupt people in here.

He deserves credit for trying hard - so far, he is far more effective than the last 10 administrations put together.

Also, a convenient side effect is that by clearing out the corruptions, he's also clearing out all the political acolytes of Thaksin, who rose to the top via corruptions - so yes, removing corrupt officials serves both purposes, both of which benefit Thailand positively.

And all the coups before his own dog and pony show came to what, exactly. Oh, yeah. Where they are NOW w00t.gif

For some reason I feel the need to be a bit pedantic. It was not a coup as the Parliament had been dissolved before he took over. As has happened here for many years time will tell if it is good or bad. Thai democracy is still in its youth, I was a kid when America still had segregation. Give it time, I will probably not live to see it.

How good would it be if all the corrupt thai's amassing huge wealth was caught stripped of all their assets and given hard labour, and the money used to help the poor.

And the best way to help the poor would be to use the money to increase police salaries to a more liveable level so they didn't need to supplement them through corruption.

That's a joke right ?????

Often stated, but a false and highly unbelievable solution......Doing that would just make them lazier..... they would get a higher salary and still perpetrate the corruption practices..... If you sincerely believe what you stated , you're around to many smokers

What is absolutely clear is that low police pay means that they need to supplement their income. Increasing their base pay is a necessary (but not sufficient) criterion for there to be change. So no, it's not a joke. The challenge is to identify and effect whatever else must change.

With reference to your posts, I have to assume one of two circumstances.

1 You are a policeman yourself

or

2 You are surely living in a dream world.

With the level of , or I should more correctly state complete lack of self discipline by way too many in this country, what could possible make you think that if they received more salary , that they would give up the gravy train voluntarily ?

That is just wishful thinking , not only for the police, but for 90% of people in this country. To many examples in this country of "Me-ism". Its gotten to be a way of life over the decades and the mai pen rai attitude has done naught to even attempt correcting it.

Dream on ....... it only sounds like a good solution.....

What about the minimum wage increase installed by the last gov't...... did production improve any..... NO..... It accomplished vote buying for some and a great deal of lost jobs for many , with many more jobs to be lost .... But YES is sounds good to have it.

• Like 1

1 billion baht in cash

It did not say "1 billion baht in cash"...it said BILLIONS....in baht and US notes,...plus gold, rare artifacts, and land titles.

This should get police and military from around the Country to move their gains to safer locations.

Well, there are plenty of rice warehouses with spare space now.....

Is this for real?

Two Dollar notes?

(rolls eyes) yes, $2 notes are real and legal tender.

Quite aware of that.

facepalm.gif

I'll clear it up for a couple of posters;

What kind of criminal fool would deal in 2 dollar notes?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

A bit bulky I'd say.

Not sure if this is in any way related, but I noticed in Cambodia they like to use US$2 bills a lot. Something about them being good luck?

Maybe this guy had a similar superstition, or maybe some of his money was coming from Cambodia?

Just idle conjecture, obviously, but it is kind of odd.

<snip>

Corruption existed well before the reign of beloved Thaksin. He learnt it from his predecessors. I live in Hatyai which has always been the stronghold of yellows (blues) and the corruption is at gigantic level.

For some reason I feel the need to be a bit pedantic. It was not a coup as the Parliament had been dissolved before he took over. As has happened here for many years time will tell if it is good or bad. Thai democracy is still in its youth, I was a kid when America still had segregation. Give it time, I will probably not live to see it.

Will we ever see it?

As the chances of this money going to where it is needed or where it is deserved.

If they are serious about fighting corruption they should prove it.

Make a big stack at Victory Monument and torch it.

That could be the biggest ever stack torched.

Happy about this including the suicide of one of these &lt;deleted&gt;! On the other side EVERY senior police officer has as much money as this guy unless he spend it on his various mia noi's or actually was clever and put it on an offshore account. So there is a long road in front of us and it will soon be shown if the Army is sincere or has just punished some guys who were not 'cooperative' enough...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

He has already admitted that when he said there would still be lot's of work to do after the elections. do not be taken in by the corruption backers who say he is doing nothing elect some one else.

I would applaud this greatly if I did not having nagging feeling this was not about corruption as much as a political purge. Allay my fears and make some raids on similar level officers homes etc who happen to support the current power brokers. Anyone who thinks only red side has this kind of looted money lying about is naive in the extreme, or just got here.

Since when are police political. They are not a political body. all though obviously they were rewarded by certain politicians for their shall we say special favors. Or relationship.

Edited by northernjohn

As the chances of this money going to where it is needed or where it is deserved.

If they are serious about fighting corruption they should prove it.

Make a big stack at Victory Monument and torch it.

That could be the biggest ever stack torched.

No, it is'nt. Search Chinese Deputy Military. Can't link it here. FOUR ARMY trucks to take it away! Many more tonnes than this. Little wonder Prayut an Xi Jingping have so much in common.