Food on Thai Airways

DogNo1

I just flew in from Tokyo on TG 677 yesterday. The food on the flight was really excellent. I wpuld grade the comfort of flying on the A380 as an A, the in-flight entertainment as an A (really enjoyed watching Jersey Boys) and the service as an A-. I would grade my flight on United's 787 to Tokyo from LA in September C, D and B respectively. United gets a combined grade of C compared to Thai's A. The seat in United's Business/First was too narrow and short. The plane, for all its newness, is cramped and uncomfortable. The 747 flight over connecting in SFO was nice though.

I am 5'11" and 188 lbs. With all of the overweight older people flying these days, you have to wonder what Boeing was thinking. Economy at any cost, I guess.

I intentionally don’t fly on United’s 787 due to the configuration of Business/First. It was #fail in my opinion for them to not have staggered seating in that cabin so everyone has aisle access. I really hate to crawl over someone to get to the restroom in the middle of the night or simply to go and stretch my legs (and they don’t have pajamas). I would have to grade Thais food an A and an A + for the pre-order meal service option, the service onboard has been consistently amazing and the A380 has great entertainment and I like the wifi as well. Thais ground game is really nice as well, with the departure massage and golf cart ride as well as the attendants that greet the plane and take you via cart to immigrations and customs and the handoff to the attendant past customs to get your luggage.

You're right forgetit. I should be blaming United, not Boeing. I'm trying to use up my United Mileage Plus miles (they're not good for much anymore) and switch my loyalty program to a different carrier. I've had good service on American so their program is a possibility. I'm avoiding Thai because I've had their miles expire at inconvenient times and have had to accept vouchers for things I really didn't want.

Flew twice both a fricken nightmare Had a HISO flying free demanding this and that so much that when I asked for some water the attendant had this nasty look. The second time the food was disgusting told her to take it back. Both times was to and from US. After that switched to China airlines it was refreshing they actually treat everyone as being important. There food was way better And even offered extra dessert if you wanted it. Hand you a juice as you board was great. suggest business class plenty of room. And priced right too.

I guess that was business class food?

Last time I flew Thai long range was business class may 2000, a really lousy flight it was, at 135k to Europe with Thai I will stick with Middle Eastern airlines fully lie flat beds at 85K.

The 2 or 3 hours extra walking/lounge drinks/food come in handy, I hate 12 hour long flights.

Edited by tartempion

Food on Thai used to be excellent in economy. That was in the past. Only once have I ever sent food back because it both looked and tasted disgusting and that was on the Thai BKK-HKG A380 flight. The seats were ridiculously tight as well. Thai economy? Never again at any price.

• Like 1