Hamburg at Think Park

JulieM

This place finally opened. They told me they will open daily at 5:30 PM. I thought the location was a bit weird tucked into the back of Think Park, but once the dividing walls separating Think Park from the new Eastin Hotel came down, I realized it's a great location right outside the hotel.

The place looks tiny but it has additional seating underground in a basement-type setting. Look closely or you might miss it.

I haven't tried it yet but if anyone has, please post a review. I'll try to hit the place up in a day or two.

Give Think Park another week or two to clean up once the Eastin construction is finished and this place is going to look really nice. Whoever owns Think Park continues to pour additional funds into more and more outside seating, landscaping, etc.

Weekend evenings are the best time to visit unless you really hate crowds.

It's across the street from Maya at the intersection of Huay Gaew and Nimmanhaemin (southwest corner.)

I read an article years ago about the history of the place. If memory serves, the guy who owns it turned it over to his daughter to develop as she saw fit. She basically turned it into a manicured grassy lawn with some concrete strips running through it. As I recall she wanted the place to be a site where artists could work and display their work. That didn't work out.

It's been a construction site for the last two years or so but now there is a hotel there (opening maybe Dec. 1) and a bunch of small shops and food outlets.

It seems to be doing well. I have no idea what kind of rent people are paying there, but if the small shops start closing it could turn into a disaster quite fast.

It's a decent place to hang out if you live in the neighborhood. It's really well lit at night and on the weekends it's actually buzzing, at least for now.

It's across the street from Maya at the intersection of Huay Gaew and Nimmanhaemin (southwest corner.)

I read an article years ago about the history of the place. If memory serves, the guy who owns it turned it over to his daughter to develop as she saw fit. She basically turned it into a manicured grassy lawn with some concrete strips running through it. As I recall she wanted the place to be a site where artists could work and display their work. That didn't work out.

It's been a construction site for the last two years or so but now there is a hotel there (opening maybe Dec. 1) and a bunch of small shops and food outlets.

It seems to be doing well. I have no idea what kind of rent people are paying there, but if the small shops start closing it could turn into a disaster quite fast.

It's a decent place to hang out if you live in the neighborhood. It's really well lit at night and on the weekends it's actually buzzing, at least for now.

It seems to "come and go". I remember going to party we were invited to there about 4 or so years ago and it was very nice and comfortable. Some nice restaurants catered, there was live music... There were some small shops in there. One day it was gone...all boarded up. Glad to hear it's back.

electrifried brain, there were no small shops there four years ago. They did allow some people to set up tents about four times a year, selling the usually stuff.

It is now brick and mortar, some of it three stories high. The Eastin hotel is seven stories high. Nothing like what it was four years ago. You should get out more. Or maybe better not...