Jomtien Beach Rd

bradiston

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

So why are they working a mile up the road when the real problem is a mile down the road?

Oh, my Lord, the amount of curses these people have gathered thus far, will surely ensure their presence in hell for eternity.

Simply unbelievable what they are doing, and why, and where.  Defies belief, honestly!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Darn Man! You live in Pattaya/Jomtien. Just suck it up! there are multiple roadworks like this one all over the city. If it is not the roadwork, then it will be bad drivers. You choose to live there!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bradiston said:

Jomtien Beach Rd

Not a lot to report,

Recently they've put in annoying little speed bumps, every few hundred metres all along the road. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

7 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Recently they've put in annoying little speed bumps, every few hundred metres all along the road. 

Funny you mention that. I was going to include it, but it seems they've flattened most of them out. I think it was the electric company or maybe city hall running lighting cables across the road and just not finishing the job immediately, maybe letting the tarmac set. They were a nightmare on a bike. Black, invisible and quite a nasty jolt. I quite enjoy my 2am trips down to Pu pen and then left up to Sukhumvit past the nasty biting dogs. I'm always amazed at the condos down there, and on the Na Jomtien end of Second Rd. Look like quality.

24 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Pu pen and then left up to Sukhumvit past the nasty biting dogs

Yes, years ago around covid lockdown I'd jog down Jomtien Beach road, I'd jog to the end, then around the corner, but like you say there's a big pack of nasty dogs. 

Good to avoid if jogging or bicycle riding. 

BTW, I liked going past that condo car park on your right heading east (I think it's the only one), I'd see a few Porsche's in there on occasions. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

I came into Pattaya a few days ago wanting to go to Central Mall, came onto Suk via the Pattaya 7.  I always take Pattaya Nua to Beach Rd. That's a bad route now with road construction dividing North bound traffic. Needed fuel. OMG what a cluster f.......

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I came into Pattaya a few days ago wanting to go to Central Mall, came onto Suk via the Pattaya 7.  I always take Pattaya Nua to Beach Rd. That's a bad route now with road construction dividing North bound traffic. Needed fuel. OMG what a cluster f.......

Take a left, then either go to Klang junction or U-Turn just before Siam CC and go down 36/1 alley to Soi Yume. 

42 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Take a left, then either go to Klang junction or U-Turn just before Siam CC and go down 36/1 alley to Soi Yume. 

Yes, you're right. But, not remembering the chaos I took regular way. I used my ninja skills to get from far right outside lane and made left on nua. By this time I've got the yellow fuel warning. make a uturn to fuel at the bangcok whatever gas staion. Now I had to circle to the left to get to beach road. 

Today headed to T21, my plan is to exit hwy 36 to suk, head south to Nua. We'll see.

We who live near Beach Rd. love those speed bumps.  Keeps all the loud racers from disturbing the peace.  Actually, we could use a few more of them.

Edited by LALes
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, LALes said:

We who live near Beach Rd. love those speed bumps.  Keeps all the loud racers from disturbing the peace.  Actually, we could use a few more of them.

Sure, those are the regular large ones I suspect. I think the poster was referring to the recently added narrow ones.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, JimTripper said:

See all those businesses that lay a mat over the metal grill on the sidewalk? (especially massage shops). That's open sewer, not rain drains. They are trying to block the smell.

Agreed. There are a few around Pratamnak too. If the stench doesn't drive tourists away maybe it's just worse back home.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I used my ninja skills to get from far right outside lane and made left on nua.

I could ask why you were in the far right lane knowing you had to turn left..........

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

By this time I've got the yellow fuel warning. make a uturn to fuel at the bangcok whatever gas staion.

I presume you mean Bangchak?

I guess you forgot the petrol station directly opposite where you come off the 7....oh yes, you were in the wrong lane.........:biggrin:

3 hours ago, topt said:

I could ask why you were in the far right lane knowing you had to turn left..........

I presume you mean Bangchak?

I guess you forgot the petrol station directly opposite where you come off the 7....oh yes, you were in the wrong lane.........:biggrin:

Yes that was my plan but the concrete blocks were dividing lanes. Leaving town today saw motorway for suk backed up for kms

2 hours ago, morrobay said:

The last bottom photo is what just has to go. These people just cannot stop screwing this place up.

So according to the first 2 photos, it's started. What's the plan? I never did find out. Uprooting trees not a good sign.

• Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Unless very recent (last few weeks) I wouldn't call them little...more like motorcross "whoops"

21 hours ago, bradiston said:

Not a lot to report, except there seem to be signs of work commencing about half way along. Large sections fenced off in the one way section.

I went all the way down to the Na Jomtien end last night at about 1930. Nightmare! The bottleneck created by the narrow strip of road about half way caused an enormous jam in both directions. I pulled over for a coffee in the 7. The guy serving me said it's the same every night.

So why are they working a mile up the road when the real problem is a mile down the road?

They've started closing both gates at the bottom of Pratamnak Soi 5 onto Dong Tan Beach rd, by the big 7 at 10pm, open again at 0530.  So not even the bikes can get through. Going north you can chance it but it's a tricky Thai style descent over bricks and stones placed on the steps down from sands caff.

The stench of open sewers is everywhere in this hot weather. How in heavens name they can front Pattaya as a 5 * resort town I've no idea. It just stinks.

Walk, problem solved 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, JimTripper said:

See all those businesses that lay a mat over the metal grill on the sidewalk? (especially massage shops). That's open sewer, not rain drains. They are trying to block the smell.

They’ve been doing that since I remember, 1984 , I thought it was to stop the  rats popping out ! 

2 hours ago, johng said:

I think the "pumping station" at the beginning of Walking Street claims top prize...for gut renching smells.

How about the drain near Royal Garden Plaza ( 2nd rd) in front of the big dirty Chinese restaurant selling roast ducks on the corner ! I give that one top marks, I hate to think what’s down there. 

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

So according to the first 2 photos, it's started. What's the plan? I never did find out. Uprooting trees not a good sign.

Looks like they’re getting rid of the road side  parking. Hope they leave the trees. 

• Like 2