Where to get passport page printed onto plastic card?

Spouse

I'd like to get my main passport page and visa copied and printed onto a plastic ID-style card to go in my wallet.

Does anyone know of a place that can do it?

I could get it scanned and printed and then laminated, but by the time its been shrunk to fit the borders from the laminate and fit in my wallet, I guess it will be too small to read?

So does anyone know of a place in Bangkok, preferably near a BTS that can do it?

I asked my local copy shop and they have enough trouble working the scanner and photocopier as it is.

Thanks.

Hmmm. This is a great idea I think. Scanning and printing a number of full size copies that are folded might be the best approach. otherwise, the information will become too small as you suggest

I have been carrying around a color image of my passport on my iPhone for a couple of years and everyone accepts that. if in a crunch (like at AIS), they just ask me to email the image right from my iPhone to them

(in fact, we carry copies of all of our important documents an encrypted folder on Dropbox that the iPhone can access)

Another option is to get a " international drivers license" on Khaosan road on which they will put your passport number and all other information. I would not use a fake ID card like this with a policemen, but it comes in handy in almost every other situation such as domestic airport security, building security, motorcycle rentals, and any other time that some of you want something official.

Just get a bunch of full sized photocopies and keep one in your wallet. If it gets a bit dog-eared just replace it with a new one.

Comes in handy for all sorts of things where a copy of your passport is required but you don't have your passport. They're happy to photocopy your copy. Things like hiring a car/bike, hospital registrations, relicensing vehicles, hotel check ins etc.

EDIT: Write your Thai and Overseas emergency contact details and emergency instructions (in Thai and English) on the reverse. I also keep a copy of my medical insurance certificate with it in my wallet.

Edited by Gsxrnz

I made a good photo of it. Copy did not work because of reflection. Then printed it out on presentation type paper and laminated it to a size that fits my wallet. It remained perfectly readable and strangely enough is accepted to check in hotels etc. .

Local copy Shops do the lamination. You may have to use a full A4 page, but could laminate 3-4 prints at the same time and then just cut them afterwards. (Keep one in the wallet, one in the car, one at home...)

The latest immigration stamp is just a pic on the cellphone. Never needed it.

I got mine at the small copy shop at the foot of the sala dang BTS station. You walk down the stairs on the side opposite patpong, They were able to laminate the info page of my passport. you can see the yellow sign from the BTS station. I want to say Canon, but it is a major company logo sign.

Edited by danmarnj

to shrink it all is a pain but what i noticed is if you copy the one page of your passport, it equals ID size when folded in half. I wrapped a photocopy in clear wide scotch tape and folded it in half and put it in my wallet with other cards. It worked awesome and never had ANY problems with it, and this includes a many run ins with police, travel, hotel bookings, purchases, rentals, returns, shake downs, club entry, etc. I know having it on a plastic card would be a bit tidier but in reality the tape job lasted longer. Although most copy shops will laminate for you. try to fold in half and cut off excess borders, that way you maintain the credibility of it (one shrunk page is lame)