Family of Brits murdered in Thailand say evidence convincing

Lite Beer

Yes, after being briefed by professional UK investigators that had access to the actual evidence, witnesses and facts of the case.

It takes a lot of hubris for armchair detectives that have access to only conflicting reports and partial information regarding the case to think themselves more informed than them.

Perhaps the UK personnel were professionals. (Can AleG provide certified photocopies of their credentials? ha ha, that's the sort of q which AleG pesters other posters with). Seriously though, The Brits were restricted by being 'OBSERVERS ONLY.' Since they didn't do any investigative work, as far as we know, except ask q's of their RTP brethren for a couple of hours, then it's clear the Brits were only fed the regurgitated pap from the conniving RTP. With that dog vomit, they went and briefed the victims' parents.

Okeydokey... then you certainly also know that the british investigators have been a full 2 TWO hours on the island before they went home again to provide their report?

You also have nothing substancial to add - pal !!! It;s not armchair's detectives' work to list and point out all the errors in the investigation but simple logic. Stop posting, if you can't show more than brainless babble about armchair detectives. Look at the facts and start using your brain, man!

He is using his brain. He's doing/saying all he can to try and shield the Headman's people from any scrutiny.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, after being briefed by professional UK investigators that had access to the actual evidence, witnesses and facts of the case.

It takes a lot of hubris for armchair detectives that have access to only conflicting reports and partial information regarding the case to think themselves more informed than them.

Perhaps the UK personnel were professionals. (Can AleG provide certified photocopies of their credentials? ha ha, that's the sort of q which AleG pesters other posters with). Seriously though, The Brits were restricted by being 'OBSERVERS ONLY.' Since they didn't do any investigative work, as far as we know, except ask q's of their RTP brethren for a couple of hours, then it's clear the Brits were only fed the regurgitated pap from the conniving RTP. With that dog vomit, they went and briefed the victims' parents.

Okeydokey... then you certainly also know that the british investigators have been a full 2 TWO hours on the island before they went home again to provide their report?

You also have nothing substancial to add - pal !!! It;s not armchair's detectives' work to list and point out all the errors in the investigation but simple logic. Stop posting, if you can't show more than brainless babble about armchair detectives. Look at the facts and start using your brain, man!

He is using his brain. He's doing/saying all he can to try and shield the Headman's people from any scrutiny.

You only discredit yourself by repeating the lie that the UK investigators only spent two hours in Koh Tao.

This is a case in which the parents are confident in the police work performed during the investigation? You must be kidding!!!!!

You are just proving my point by claiming that the UK investigators were on the island for only two hours, that is false; don't take my word for it, search for "British authorities at Koh Tao crime scene" and read the article carefully. Your premises are false, any conclusion you derive from them are going to be invalid.

After you find out that you were wrong, perhaps you should show some integrity and apologize for your second paragraph.

Aleg - the Times Magazine article proving my mentioned two hour beach picnic performed by UK investigators has been deleted, but I trust that some of my friends here on TV will post another lead. Until then - NO apology :)

This is a case in which the parents are confident in the police work performed during the investigation? You must be kidding!!!!!

You are just proving my point by claiming that the UK investigators were on the island for only two hours, that is false; don't take my word for it, search for "British authorities at Koh Tao crime scene" and read the article carefully. Your premises are false, any conclusion you derive from them are going to be invalid.

After you find out that you were wrong, perhaps you should show some integrity and apologize for your second paragraph.

Also "and then went home again".. They were in Thailand for quite awhile, and there were UK police on the island already.

But that would mean that the UK police actually had time to review the casework.... Oooops that doesn't fit the conspiracy theories.

Aleg - the Times Magazine article proving my mentioned two hour beach picnic performed by UK investigators has been deleted, but I trust that some of my friends here on TV will post another lead. Until then - NO apology smile.png

I take it from your reply that you didn't actually bother to inform yourself before making it; if you would have done the search I suggested you would have found a Bangkok Post article mentioning how two investigators flew to Koh Tao where they met other investigators that were there since the previous day. The "they were only in Koh Tao for two hours" meme is plain wrong.

Now then, will you inform yourself or will you prefer to stay away from things that would disprove the premises of your beliefs?

So, let's say the Brit experts were on the island for 24 hours. Here's how 24 hours usually breaks down to, particularly for a farang visiting another country on the other side of the world:

introductions to people, and orientation 1 hour

a meal, 1 hour

a shower and rest from jet-lag and a full stomach, 2 hour

some questions asked of the RTP 2 hours

another meal 1 hour

shower and relax, maybe a foot massage after work - for the evening 6 hours

sleep 8 hours

wake, have breakfast 2 hours

some questions for the RTP 2 hours

another meal 1 hour

rest/siesta, check email 2 hours

say goodbys, and leave island 1 hour

...ok, it adds up to over 24 hours (29), but you get the idea. 24 hours on an island, to observe what the RTP have garnered as evidence against the B2, ....doesn't leave much real time to do the observing a person is designated to do.

Even if the Brits were allowed to do any interviewing or pursuance of leads, they wouldn't have any time to do so.

So, let's say the Brit experts were on the island for 24 hours. Here's how 24 hours usually breaks down to, particularly for a farang visiting another country on the other side of the world:

a meal, 1 hour

another meal 1 hour

sleep 8 hours

another meal 1 hour

...ok, it adds up to over 24 hours (29), but you get the idea. 24 hours on an island, to observe what the RTP have garnered as evidence against the B2, ....doesn't leave much real time to do the observing a person is designated to do.

Even if the Brits were allowed to do any interviewing or pursuance of leads, they wouldn't have any time to do so.

Nothing but speculation in that post.

But nothing new there...

I little light relief, but I am very disappointed in the UK police lack of response to this, I know they made it clear they were limited in what they could do and really only take a look and review the evidence presented to them by the RTP but come on boys we did expect a bit more from you.

post-223227-0-84308400-1418713645_thumb.

Edited by thailandchilli

a meal, 1 hour

another meal 1 hour

sleep 8 hours

another meal 1 hour

But nothing new there...

not much content in that one either

that must be baiting post number 2000?

Edited by AGareth2

This link below was originally posted by catsanddogs.

The email, from an official in the South-East Asia department, passed to the Guardian by Chomphuchat, says they could only pass on information with the permission of Thai authorities or the trial judge.

The Met police team in Thailand had only reviewed the investigation “to provide reassurance” to the victims’ families, the FCO email explained, meaning the primary evidence “remains in the possession of the Thai police and prosecutor”. The only possible information could come from the Jersey and Norfolk coroners, who hold copies of UK autopsy reports on Witheridge and Miller, it added, saying it is up to the coroners to decide whether they can share this.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/15/thailand-murders-burmese-defence-foreign-office-fair-trial

I am English and every faith that the British police will do the right thing with out breaching any diplomatic rules attached to their observer status. This case is not going to be won or lost on evidence so maybe the somebody will leak the police report at the most beneficial time.

I can't believe the Thai authorities are willing to let these scapegoats go down knowing that this case will drag on for many years through the appeals process and the international press will pick it up everytime and dent Thailand's reputation losing more tourist dollars every time the story is repeated.

If the Thai police's case is so strong maybe the British police will be called by the prosecution to give credibility to their case. They certainly need it.

From Sir Alfred Hitchcock's Dial 'M' For Murder (1954):

Mark Halliday: What is all this?
Chief Insp. Hubbard: They talk about flat-footed policemen. May the saints protect us from the gifted amateur.

Pure Fiction.............jdinasia likes this..whistling.gif

Some on here should like it -- it involves the 'real' murderer trying to frame another person for the murder.

The email, from an official in the South-East Asia department, passed to the Guardian by Chomphuchat, says they could only pass on information with the permission of Thai authorities or the trial judge.

The Met police team in Thailand had only reviewed the investigation “to provide reassurance” to the victims’ families, the FCO email explained, meaning the primary evidence “remains in the possession of the Thai police and prosecutor”. The only possible information could come from the Jersey and Norfolk coroners, who hold copies of UK autopsy reports on Witheridge and Miller, it added, saying it is up to the coroners to decide whether they can share this.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/15/thailand-murders-burmese-defence-foreign-office-fair-trial

I am English and every faith that the British police will do the right thing with out breaching any diplomatic rules attached to their observer status. This case is not going to be won or lost on evidence so maybe the somebody will leak the police report at the most beneficial time.

I can't believe the Thai authorities are willing to let these scapegoats go down knowing that this case will drag on for many years through the appeals process and the international press will pick it up everytime and dent Thailand's reputation losing more tourist dollars every time the story is repeated.

If the Thai police's case is so strong maybe the British police will be called by the prosecution to give credibility to their case. They certainly need it.

You say that the UK police will do the right thing without breaking rules attached to their observer status and then go on to talk about them leaking the police report?

You also ignore the fact that the UK police met with the families prior to the families making a public statement. Why do you think you have more relevant information than the families?

The case will be resolved based on evidence or lack of credible evidence and not because of conspiracy theorists online.

You say that the UK police will do the right thing without breaking rules attached to their observer status and then go on to talk about them leaking the police report?

You also ignore the fact that the UK police met with the families prior to the families making a public statement. Why do you think you have more relevant information than the families?

The case will be resolved based on evidence or lack of credible evidence and not because of conspiracy theorists online.

Congratulations this is the longest post I have seen you write.

I said somebody not them by which I mean anybody who has had access to the report. Typists, PA's, politicians, filing clerks or many other people who do not want to see innocent people found guilty of a crime they did not commit.

I did not ignore the fact that the UK police met with the families prior to the families making a public statement. The families statement is ambiguous and the way you interpret it is unlikely to be correct.

If this case was going to be resolved based on evidence or lack of credible evidence different suspects would be on trial.

From Sir Alfred Hitchcock's Dial 'M' For Murder (1954):

Mark Halliday: What is all this?
Chief Insp. Hubbard: They talk about flat-footed policemen. May the saints protect us from the gifted amateur.

Pure Fiction.............jdinasia likes this..whistling.gif

Some on here should like it -- it involves the 'real' murderer trying to frame another person for the murder.

Dont fret my boy, I gottcha at the first reading!

After all this I go back to the beginning:

Dear doting Daddy: My son is not running, he left the island early to return to his studies/uni in Bangkok (paraphrasing)

Not once but TWICE to two separate journalists.

Change of top cop.

Dear doting Daddy: My son has not been here for 2 weeks/1 month ( depending on the report you read).

My question.

Which one is the truth and why did he tell the lie?

Answers with evidence please.

Edit.. slow small keyboard, fast huge fingers.

Edited by DennisF

I said somebody not them by which I mean anybody who has had access to the report. Typists, PA's, politicians, filing clerks or many other people who do not want to see innocent people found guilty of a crime they did not commit.

I did not ignore the fact that the UK police met with the families prior to the families making a public statement. The families statement is ambiguous and the way you interpret it is unlikely to be correct.

If this case was going to be resolved based on evidence or lack of credible evidence different suspects would be on trial.

Ah.. google.. control(cmd) c and then Control (cmd) paste.. effortless. Long posts a cinch.

What is more relevant is the POLICE have not made any public statements yet, nor can they, apparently.

Lets hope the coroners, or at lkeast one of them, sees the sense in sharing as they are not bound by the same

rules as the British police.

Will thios case be determined on the basis of evidence, a fair trial and equal opportunity for all parties??

Obviously not.

The COURT, not the prosecutor, has set the dates and failed to ensure sufficient time to build a case for the defence.

Prosecution lawyers are refusing to submit evidence and witness lists to the defence.

These facts alone raise questions as to the courts (judge/s) necessary impartiality and do not bode well for the defendants.

Maybe they are guilty, but even so, the powers that be are leaving nothing to chance.

Maybe its because the Dunta leader( spelling intentional), known in Yorkshire as a Dumpotater, voiced his opinion ( read instruction) that he was sure migrant workers had committed this crime. Must have been his fortune teller that told him

Dear doting Daddy: My son is not running, he left the island early to return to his studies/uni in Bangkok (paraphrasing)

Change of top cop.

Dear doting Daddy: My son has not been here for 2 weeks/1 month ( depending on the report you read).

My question.

You know as well as me that Thai media not always report the facts, also translation to English can make just a normal interview looks completely different , we have several examples of that. But the one that been reported several times in the media is that the son left early could be the same as the son not been on the island for 2 weeks. Leaving early in Thai language does not necessarily mean he left the day before, it could have been 2 weeks earlier. Anyway the son is no longer a suspect, it's about time you leave this kid alone.

OK, I will bite. What part of the families statements were ambiguous?

The part where they called for a trial?

The part where they acknowledged the speculation online and said it causes pain?

The part where they talked about the strength of the evidence against the defendants?

Which part was ambiguous?

Change of top cop.

My question.

You know as well as me that Thai media not always report the facts, also translation to English can make just a normal interview looks completely different , we have several examples of that. But the one that been reported several times in the media is that the son left early could be the same as the son not been on the island for 2 weeks. Leaving early in Thai language does not necessarily mean he left the day before, it could have been 2 weeks earlier. Anyway the son is no longer a suspect, it's about time you leave this kid alone.

Nice try, I read it in Thai in both reports and translation was not an issue.

He is not a suspect in your eyes only.. hang on.. Thats a good title for a movie.. perhaps Ill write it and include some RTP

apologist quotes to beef up the humour element.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

a meal, 1 hour

another meal 1 hour

sleep 8 hours

another meal 1 hour

But nothing new there...

Is it speculation to assume that people eat meals and sleep within a 24 hour period?

Change of top cop.

My question.

I wish "this kid" had left David and Hannah alone, then we wouldn't be enmeshed with this case, and Hannah and David would still be going on with their lives.

OK, I will bite. What part of the families statements were ambiguous?

The part where they called for a trial?

The part where they acknowledged the speculation online and said it causes pain?

The part where they talked about the strength of the evidence against the defendants?

Which part was ambiguous?

Great post JD, you hit the nail right on the head, keep forging ahead we are behind you... if i had one comment it would be to stay fully focused on these topics, do not let it drop. May the force be with you... cant wait for the new Star Wars movie.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

But nothing new there...

Is it speculation to assume that people eat meals and sleep within a 24 hour period?

Change of top cop.

My question.

I wish "this kid" had left David and Hannah alone, then we wouldn't be enmeshed with this case, and Hannah and David would still be going on with their lives.

So you made up your mind already , the late DNA test of the son in Bangkok doesnt matter to you , because you think it was a fake test . That everyone , all of Thailand is part of the cover up. This kid has already proven his innocence unlike other locals on the island . He is living in Bangkok and will continue to do so for a long time.

Maybe time to shift focus and look for other suspects on the island, since B2 are not suspects in your eyes.

But you just carry on , you should really be ashamed of yourself for bringing Davids and Hannahs name up all the time when the victims relatives have asked everyone to wait for the trial , you don't have any solid and new evidence to present to the world . Yes, leave the kid alone.

Well said Blabo, if I was you I would hit them with some hard facts, please let them have it, I am behind you all the way, hope this does not sound sarcastic, not my intent, but hit them with facts, links, articles etc... they will step back when you do this

...the late DNA test of the son in Bangkok doesnt matter to you , because you think it was a fake test . That everyone , all of Thailand is part of the cover up.

I don't think it was a fake test (referring to the press release DNA test recently in Bkk). I believe the results were real. However, what they're comparing it to (purportedly the DNA taken from Hannah) I believe has been tampered with by (or with instructions from) Thai brass.

It's obvious everyone holding the press conference (cops, headman, Nomsod, his lawyer) knew beforehand there wouldn't be a match - otherwise they wouldn't have held the media event.

I've already indicated in earlier posts how easy it would be to tamper with the DNA found on the victim. It wouldn't take a conspiracy of many officials. It could be done with just one official. Have Thai police ever tampered with evidence in order to nail a scapegoat? Perish the thought.

Speaking of "everyone, all of Thailand is part of the cover up" - what a puerile thing to say. Close to 100% of Thais who are closely following this botched case are of the opinion it's a frame-up. If in doubt, just stroll around and ask some Thais.

...the late DNA test of the son in Bangkok doesnt matter to you , because you think it was a fake test . That everyone , all of Thailand is part of the cover up.

I don't think it was a fake test (referring to the press release DNA test recently in Bkk). I believe the results were real. However, what they're comparing it to (purportedly the DNA taken from Hannah) I believe has been tampered with by (or with instructions from) Thai brass.

It's obvious everyone holding the press conference (cops, headman, Nomsod, his lawyer) knew beforehand there wouldn't be a match - otherwise they wouldn't have held the media event.

I've already indicated in earlier posts how easy it would be to tamper with the DNA found on the victim. It wouldn't take a conspiracy of many officials. It could be done with just one official. Have Thai police ever tampered with evidence in order to nail a scapegoat? Perish the thought.

Speaking of "everyone, all of Thailand is part of the cover up" - what a puerile thing to say. Close to 100% of Thais who are closely following this botched case are of the opinion it's a frame-up. If in doubt, just stroll around and ask some Thais.

Not true at all , you will always find people for and against here in Thailand like in any other country . Yes we do have corruption and many Thais do not trust the police , but do not make it sound like the majority of Thais believe this is a cover up.

We have some very fine police officers in Thailand that would fight corruption and crime going on inside the police force. Especially when Bangkok investigators are involved in a big murder case like this where the whole world is watching .

Where did you get "close to 100% of Thais" , did you read any polls ? Or is your source CSI LA ?

You're just full of BS and you know it.

The Lawyers Council of Thailand has filed an official request with the Koh Samui Provincial court asking it to summon witnesses living in and foreign countries to testify for the defence in the Koh Tao double murder case.

This is the start of a short report in a paper that I'm not allowed to link here which I just read on a FB page which I'm not also not allowed to link here. Dated today.